“The best little 5 Star Hotel in Sydney”

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
Ranked #9 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Melbourne
“The best little 5 Star Hotel in Sydney”
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I love this place. I have been staying at the Radisson for more than 10 years and it just gets better and better and better.

From Wayne on the front door through to that compliamentary coffee at 7am when sitting reading the papers.

I cannot fault the service and the renovations have set this hotel a world apart from all other 5 star places in Sydney CBD.

The rooms are comfortable and the pillows are to die for.

I hope you enjoy the stay as much as I do.

Thanks to the Radisson Team. You are continously exceptionally good at what you do. Keep it up.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Citytraveller3000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Spring, Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I was lucky. Not knowing anything about Sydney, I chose the Radisson on Liverpool through Expedia because I thought it's a basic standard, but I found out it was much more.
I stayed for 11 nights by myself and loved it. The staff were all very nice and friendly. The hotel is CENTRAL to everything. It was a three minute walk to Darling Harbour. I felt safe, the room was immaculate and more than I anticipated. This is not your typical European box. There was a wonderful kitchen with plenty of space. The bath was bright, clean and big. The towels were nice an thick. The A/C was very powerful, more than the room needed, but I could regulate it. The bed, a king (two twins pushed together) was adequate, not the best mattress but not the worst.
Having never been to Sydney, it makes all the world of difference when you feel safe and have a comfortable home base to work from. I truly enjoyed staying in the Radisson and would definately stay there the next time. Wonderful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Tommie53
mossvale
Reviewed March 14, 2011

we got a wot-if mystery deal $257.00 so we stayed at the radisson plaza from the drive down the m5, ed to the motel was a breeze the valet parking team very professional and helpful to the desk for check in also polite and friendly even house keeping greeting with a hello as we found our room the room was spacious the bathroom the same every thing you would expect from a 5 star motel the only complaint would be the bed not a dream bed (rydges) great location to the rocks,circular quay etc value for money

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I managed to get a reasonable rate for this hotel for a 1 night stay so decided to try it out and from reading all the good reviews was expecting nothing but great! Check in was smooth, staff friendly. I didnt check in until 8.30pm and ordered some room service within about 15 mins (Risotto with mushrooms and some garlic bread as I was starving. I was informed it would be 45mins.. Boy, I can cook Risotto much faster than that and its past peak dining time so thought this a bit too long. When the food was delivered, the young man commented that it had taken a long time and when I didnt comment, he said it did take long didnt it and apologised. In the meantime after ordering my room service, I opened a small bottle of the white wine in the fridge and pured into a glass and made a couple of phone calls... in between talking I took a small sip and something was not right so after I hung up, i tasted the wine and it was water... well i think it was water and am hoping it was nothing more!! So i immediately rang reception and told them and it was apologies and i wouldnt be charged for this, Upon hanging up, I looked at the contents of the glass and the bottle and there was bits of food at the bottom of the bottle and some in my glass. YUK!! I had just drunk some of this. I rang to complain and the duty manager called me back as he was busy, he offered me a replacement small bottle with his compliments and apologised. Sorry but that doesnt cut it with me, replacing a used $9 mini bar item with a complimentary $9 mini bar item... not good enough. I drank and unknown something from a minbar that should have been checked and it did make a click sound but its because whoever had bent the cap and the bit around the neck of the bottle so they rubbed together to make that sound and was on the phone so was a little distracted. The bathroom looks great, room is large but it to me is looking a little dated.. maybe just jaded after the whole wine/? thing but I will def not be staying here again. Need to add that the staff are lovely but I dont think anyone has the authrity to make a decisison re keeping a guest happy and this guest is not happy with a replacement little bottle of wine. Also Risotto was average and not hot and same with garlic bread.. All in all a fizzer for me.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank luvtravel01
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2011

This is the best hotel I have stayed in Sydney for business. Service was excellent and rooms were well appointed. I loved the supersoft towels and toiletries. The hotel has great character and everything was perfect.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2011

This is a decent hotel to base yourself for the Sydney sightseeing. It is close to all the attractions. Rooms are not the largest but they are OK. Would I return - yes.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I agree with other reviews that the hotel staff are brilliant, so helpful, and they make a big difference.

The location is perfect for tourists as most attractions are a short walk away. The car can be safely parked beneath the hotel as it will not be needed until you leave. So pleasant to be able to wander around Sydney but not have too far to get back to a pleasant quiet room.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family