“Perfect for families”

Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney
Ranked #44 of 182 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed one night on our stop over home to UK. Brilliant place. Very large apartment style rooms, two bathrooms, kitchenette, work desk and dining table. TVs in bedrooms, free wifi for as many devices as you need - handy when your party of 5 all have an iPad! Great value, paid £230 for one night but for five of us in a huge apartment I thought was good.

Lovely professional and friendly welcome, staff couldn't do enough for us, great base just minutes walk from Darling Harbour and Chinatown. Close to Museum stop on underground.

Just brilliant option for families or people who like seperate rooms and the chance to make snacks.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tescoqueen
Write a ReviewReviews (1,863)

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is my second time to this hotel and both times have been great. Prompt check-in service with extra attention to bags and my car made it very easy. The helpful staff were there every time a question was asked or help required - even walking up the street to organise me a taxi. The rooms are spacious and well maintained with enough room to have spare space. Both times i have stayed has been over very busy weekends and yet the rooms are quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Emma P
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We found the location of the hotel to be very close to Darling Harbour, the central city and to the Entertainment Center. The staff were very friendly, helpful and informative. We would have no hesitation in staying there again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The staff were great and friendly! We arrived first thing in the morning due to an early flight, and we were able to check in to our room when we arrived - fabulous-especially as we were traveling with 2 small kids.

Room was clean warm and great set up.

Keep up the good work.
Will def be back!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank legal77
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel is centrally located in Sydney, immediately adjacent to Chinatown and Darling Harbor.

The staff was welcoming and helpful (shout out to Sarah and Marie!)

For most of my stay, I was in a very spacious one bedroom suite. The suite was on the 6th floor and in the back of the hotel, and based on its location very quiet. It didn't have much of a view--in fact, the photos I've seen posted by other trip advisor reviewers are accurate. The view is not scenic, in fact it's actually ugly over looking an apartment tower and what appears to be an abandoned swimming pool and sadly deteriorating tennis court. But frankly, the price for the suite was so reasonable that the sad view mattered very little.

The huge advantage of the suite is that it can accommodate multiple guests comfortably. Unlike suites in US hotels, the living room did not have a couch with a fold-away bed. However, one can order a very comfortable roll away single for $30 AUD additional per night.

Apart from the comfortable accommodations for multiple guests, there was a nice kitchenette that came well equipped: with stove top and microwave.

We bought a package that came with buffet English breakfast. And the breakfast was better than I had at a Radisson Blu in London. The scrambled eggs were actually creamy, instead of dried out under a hot lamp. The hash browns were crunchy. There was fruit, and bread, and yogurt. And a nice coffee machine. We Yanks discovered what a flat white coffee is. Excellent food and drink.

Overall, this was a very good hotel. You're not going to find one in Sydney that is better priced if you want an accommodation for multiple guests and a spacious, reasonably appointed room.

One recommendation: food in Chinatown is reasonably priced, but not in Darling Harbor.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jonathan L
Reviewed August 12, 2013

One thing I really want when I travel is a quiet room. Being able to relax in a quiet space when you are on the road is a great find.

That is what I found in this hotel. I asked for a quiet room and that is what they gave me. It was at the very back and while it looked out on the old tennis courts next door, it was perfect for what I needed. I didn't hear a thing - no noisy people in hallways, slamming doors or cranking elevators.

So, that is the good thing. But this hotel needs to pay attention to some details which frankly did not make it worth the $180 for the 'special' rate I paid for it. For those kind of $$$, I expected more.

* Check In. While I was fumbling in my bag for my wallet and credit card, the manager behind the counter asked me four times for the card. I replied I was looking for it. As I kept looking for it, he then also handed over an ID form to be filled out and asked me to do that as well.
Front Desk people need to better read the situation.You don't need to ask someone four times for a card when they are obviously looking for it.

* Cleanliness. The bathroom floor of the bathroom was filthy. Seriously, the change room floor at my local gym is cleaner than this bathroom with the mouldly, dirty grout, and tiles that really needed a scrub. The shower stall really was quite foul and I didn't spend too long in it. When I later sat down at the desk to do some work on my computer, the desk was sticky and had not been wiped properly. Then the coffee table was the same. Not good.

* Late Check Out. When I had checked in, the duty manager asked if I would like a late check out the next day, and I said yes thank you. She said it was 2pm. The next morning, right on 11am, I had a phone call telling me to check out. When I replied I had been offered a late check out, I was told there was nothing on the system and I had to leave asap. I asked if we could compromise on midday, and I was told okay but no later. Now, I didn't ask for this, but was offered it, and then had it taken away again.

So, not a great stay and not worth the money. For the dirty state of the room and the poor staff communication, I would not stay here again.

But was it quiet? Yes it was. But I am sure other hotels are too, and are not this expensive.

Room Tip: The quiet rooms at the back really are quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EasytravelSydney
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The location is very central and convenient for public transport. The size of the business class suite was good with an excellent bed. Valet parking was available for an extra charge. Street noise was acceptable on the top floor but would be an issue on lower floors. Service was efficient but not outstanding. Overall this is a pleasant but somewhat overpriced hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor needed in view of street noise
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family