“Kevin@Moss Vale”

Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney
Ranked #45 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My son and I stayed at the Radisson manly because of the close vicinity to the Entertainment Centre, but after staying there we both agreed that when in Sydney again the Radisson will be our first choice. Niel (hope I spelt his name right) at reception who checked us in was quick and very informative of the facilities of the Hotel, he was also there to check us out on the sunday. We had a twin queen bed with a balcony and we were surprised by the large size of the room. Beds great to sleep on, hot plenty of it and great pressure. This will now be my first port of call when staying in Sydney.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed in this hotel based on reviews of other travelers. I was very pleased with the accomodations.

While the hotel and rooms were rather plain, and not luxurious, the room that we stayed in was huge. We booked a 2 room suite, and it included a full kitchen and large living area.

I'll break it down into The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...

The Good

The location was excellent. We were able to walk a few blocks to Darling Harbor. My kids loved Darling Harbor. There was a huge impressive playground, and it was kept immaculate. There were plenty of restaurants, and a bakery that made the best iced mocha I have ever had in my life! Watch out Starbucks.

We were lucky to enjoy warm weather and the kids met other children from all over the place, Austrailia and other countries.

There were plenty of other fun things at Darling Harbor, and I'll do a seperate review of that at some point.

The hotel was well staffed, the conceirges, the check-in staff, bell men, waitresses at the restaurant, and housekeeping staff were all ecxellent.

The restaurant on site had a decent breakfast buffet, and the staff was amazingly freindly and kind to our children that were less than perfect rushing about gathering items from the buffet, laughing widly as they "made" eachother try the Vegemite.

The Bad

The rooms were a bit worn out, but considering the price that we paid for a 2 bedroom suite, I still thought it was an absolutely excellent value. That being said, it was still kept clean. Kudos to the cleaning department.

The Ugly

We had to close the curtains because our suite had windows overlooking what I believe was an apartment building. After taking a quick look at the eye sore below, I asked the family to keep the curtains drawn at all times. I believe there was an abandoned looking tennis court, and random odd garbage strewn about. Bummer that was there, and I suppose that was mostly out of Radisson's hands. Although if I owned or managed the hotel, I would ask and even pay to have my neighbor clean up their space, as that was very detracting from the hotel, and I'm sure many clients would not differentiate the two.

All in all I would recommend this hotel for families, especially larger families with children. It worked nicely for us and we were happy not to spend tons of money on a suite, when we were spending all our days and nights exploring all that Sydney and the surrounding area had to offer.

We had a wonderful time. Thouroughly enjoyed our stay down under, the Aussies were such gracious hosts to our brood and can't wait to make the trek back.

That's it.

If this review was helpful, please check the little button that says so. It just makes me feel good knowing that all this typing is worth it.

And check out my other reviews, tons in Hawaii.

We stayed in New Zealand as well, on this extended jaunt over Thanksgiving week vacation for our kids, and I will reivew a hotel in Aukland that we stayed at soon too.

Room Tip: If you are looking for luxurious, look else where, but if you are looking for spacious and value you...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank MelissaBradley
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Nice hotel located in the heart of the cbd and close to all the points of interest. Right next to china town etc, and a short taxi ride from the opera house. Check in was a breeze and the room was large with a kitchenette etc. We had only one issue, and that was that the room door was not child proof. My son who is 5 sleep walked for the first time, he opened the door (though it was locked it can be opened in one motion from the inside) and walked into the hallway in the middle of the night. We only woke to the sound of the door banging shut. Was quite scary to find him still asleep down the hall... I understand that this (his sleep walking) is not the hotels fault, but a simple old fashioned chain/bolt would have solved this problem.

Other than that, the hotel is great!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Checked in at 8am, room was ready early by 11am. The front desk staff was very accommodating. Room was nice, water pressure in shower was excellent. We had an issue with people in upper floors throwing garbage on our balcony, and the staff took care of it right away. Bed is comfortable, good size room, all the appliances worked without a problem. Recommend this hotel if you are looking for a central location in the heart of Sydney.

Room Tip: A higher floor is optimal.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed 2 nights over the Easter weekend & we would NEVER stay there again. After going around the block for 1/2 hr. we finally got a parking spot so we could get valet parking. Our accommodation was paid before hand but when we arrived we were informed we would be charged an extra $60 because my daughter was 13,we were not informed this in anyway before hand & I had listed my children's ages when booking & paying for room, we also did not have any extra bedding then what we had paid for. When we went to bed the first night, we discovered there were dirty sheets on one of the beds, after ringing reception it took an hour before getting replacement sheets. The television lost sound ,we rang reception & after an hour of waiting we went out.The second night we received the wrong dinner room service. We paid our room service & parking fee on credit card,which I discovered a few days later they had charged us twice for the same amount & had to go to bank to put a stop to second charge. This is rated a 4.5 star hotel,but with our stay I would not rate it 2 stars.very disappointing!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel in the middle of March in a two queen room. The hotel was fully booked, so we could not have the upgrade we had opted for. We got a room on 6th floor. The room we got could do with a makeover, but still in good working order. The beds were very comfortable. Air condition worked very well, water pressure in the shower was on the low side. There were big soft towels, but no bathrobes. Some noise from the street when we were out on the balcony. The room was very quiet whit the balcony door closed. The hotel is very centrally located, for Darling Harbour, city centre, railways etc. The hotel has check out at 10 AM which seems very early, there were however no problem to get a later check out time when we spoke to the receptionist. Bot check in and check out was very friendly and efficient. We never experienced any queues at the reception. All staff we met on our way was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Olos
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Possibly the worst night's sleep I've experienced from a large chain hotel. Our room was noisy from the street traffic: loud drunks, very loud car/motorbike revving, thumping music... Some of this possibly could be avoided with a room higher up however most of this noise would penetrate the whole establishment given some of the noise emanated from other nearby streets.

Three pillows provided on bed (why not four?).

Staff at front desk appeared dishevelled - top buttons open and ties loosened.

Free wifi was welcomed.

Bring ear plugs.

Room Tip: If you must stay, ask for rooms furthest away from the road. Bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends