New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney

Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney
Ranked #38 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Victoria, Australia
“Will definately stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Location was brilliant - a footbridge to Darling Harbour, China town across the road, George St around the corner and Circular Quay a nice 25 minute stroll away. Our room was spacious, clean, equipped with an unexpected small kitchenette - bar fridge, sink, kettle & hot plate. The staff were friendly & helpful. Two downsides - first, the pool was smaller than expected; 2nd, the gym was only a small stuffy room with limited facilities - one treadmill, one cross trainer, one bike & one weight machine. But if your visit to Sydney is more about dining out, sight seeing & shopping, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were at the Radisson Hotel & Suites in Sydney from 29th December 2012 to 4th January 2013. The hotel rooms were clean, spacious & the beds were so comfortable - soon as I laid my head on the pillow I was out like a light (not sure what it is about hotel beds - but I always seems to get the best night sleep!) along with all the mod cons of your room and bathroom & free wifi. We had buffet breakfast every morning, which was delicious and they make the best hot chocolate I have ever had! We had an evening meal at the restaurant twice - meals were amazing. The whole staff from front desk, housekeeping & restaurant staff were exceptional. I have never been to a hotel where all the staff were so friendly, happy & helpful, they would go out of the way for you. We were always greeted with a good morning, good evening & always asked about " how our day was", :where did we go" etc - if only I could remember all their names I would mention them. The staff deserve a pay rise! :) The hotel is central to all the fantastic toursits sites around Sydney, which we walked to most of the time or we caught the free shuttle bus, ferry, train etc.The weather was glorious. There was a Starbucks 2 blocks away so I was in heaven (we don't have one here in the west). Would I stay here again? Well with the service that we received - yes of course. PS: Radisson Hotel you should be extremely proud of your staff. It was my first time to Sydney and I loved it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a 3+ star property located very close to Darling Harbour.
The rooms are fairly quiet.
Internet is adequate and free.
The rooms are well appointed and clean.
The location gives good access to many of the tourist sites in Sydney such as the mentioned harbour, the Rocks, Hyde Park, etc.

The staff are very pleasant and helpful.

Do book the bed and breakfast as the buffet is quite good and it is cheaper than the a la carte menu.

*Taxi from the airport should be no more than Aus $50-60.00. Do not let them take the long route and attempt to charge you more as one driver attempted with us...

Room Tip: All the same. The property is surounded by highrises therefore no views are available. I do not th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank drknows
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The hotel delivers everything it promises...convenient location, comfortable beds, spacious rooms, delicious menu, quiet ambiance with a bustling city just down the stairs. The staff needs a special mention for being among the best I have come across in Australia so far. Pleasant and mindful of our needs without being overtly courteous and formal which was great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I and our teenage daughter recently stayed here over the New Year period in a one bedroom business suite. The apartment was spacious and clean large living area with big screen TV and a large work desk with erganomic chair, separate well equipped kitchen with Nespresso machine and pod selection, walk in robe, Large bedroom with another large flat screen and VERY comfortable King bed. TV and a balcony with a small table and 2 chairs. We were on the second floor and had no problem with street noise and were able to sleep in because of great block out curtains. Our daughter had a rollaway in the lounge room which was of a much better standard than any roll away we have had before, as comfortable as a single bed. We used the valet parking which was $35.00 per day, you just need to give around 15 mins notice when you need your car. The staff were all happy, helpful and polite. The location is fantastic walk to everything, China town, QVB, Darling Harbour restaurants.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Business Class suites are bigger than the standard 1 bedroom suite.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed here for two nights 22 and 23 Dec 2012. What a lovely place to stay. We had a two bed apartment no view. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The hotel it self is pretty quiet (for a city hotel) Our family of 5 fitted in perfectly with room to spare. It is so close to Darling Harb and China town and Paddy's markets. An easy walk to George st and Pitts Mall.
The staff are lovely and really treat you like a friend rather than just another guest! Will happily stay again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
St.Paul Mn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed here over the Christmas holiday.I will gladly echo every good thing that past reviewers have said about the hotel. The staff is beyond friendly and helpful.(I wish I got names but I didn't).The room was clean,quiet,comfortable and had one of the largest flat screen t.v.'s that I have ever seen in a Hotel.Here's what I really liked.The shower.The shower had an endless amount of super hot water and incredible water pressure.I'am not one to spend along time in a shower but this one was hard to leave.Other people have also mentioned the free internet. I agree. The service is free and super fast.I have stayed at other higher tiered Hotel's that charge for the service so I applaud the Radisson for not money grabbing.
So, here's the one complaint that I have about the hotel and quite honestly it's not even
something that is within their control.The view from #517 is so deplorable that is not even worth opening the curtains.The room overlooks the courtyard of what appears to be some type of tenement or low rent apartment building. They're is a broken down tennis court that has obviously long outlived it's life. The artificial turf surface of the courtyard is covered in moss. They're are items of clothing strewn about, torn and broken furniture on adjacent apt.patios.....I could go on.
I brought this up to the front person and her immediate response told me that they get this complaint a lot. She simply pointed out that the courtyard rooms are much quieter than the street side and afford a better nights sleep.Ok. I suppose.I usually travel with a good set of ear plugs so street noise is not a factor for me.In a perfect world, Radisson would either bring some pressure to bear on the owner of this apartment to clean house, or just buy it and turn it into part of the Hotel.In any case I would avoid any rooms that end in 10 thru 17.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business