Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney
  • Fitness center
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,923 results
All reviewsliverpool streetdarling harbourbusiness suitebusiness classgreat locationone bedroom suitesmall balconystreet noiseworld squarefree wifiindoor poolgood sizegeorge stfull kitchenliving areabuffet breakfastreception staff
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed here for a few days to celebrate a family wedding in Sydney. The staff were great and fulfilled a range of requests without delay and without having to ask twice - these range from borrowing an umbrella (which I then lost and they took a relaxed approach), getting a vase, emptying the minibar, extending checkout etc. The location, on the border of the shopping, darling harbour and chinatown areas, is great, and even the map they give you is one that shows free things to do in town. Internet was provided with a code, which is yet another perk of the place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Simon D
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I spent 5 nights here and it was one of the best parts of my stay. I picked it because it was near attractions like Darling Harbour, Market City and Chinatown yet the actual walking distance was even shorter than I expected. It was walkable right up to Central Station. Its proximity (3 mins walk) to World Square for amenities like Coles supermarket and dining establishments made it even more convenient. Other highly-recommended TripAdvisor eateries are merely 1-2 streets away. It was right in the centre of my itinerary!
I got a huge room for 2 that was extremely comfortable - couldn't find anything to fault with - nothing was old or needed replacement. The staff were very obliging and friendly, and the room service meal was prompt and delicious. The highlight of the room was a spacious kitchenette with utensils provided (upon request) that allowed us to cook a simple meal right in the comfort of our room. If that wasn't good enough, how about absolutely free WiFi and LAN?
I was extremely grateful to be given a room that faced away from Liverpool Street as the pub-goers downstairs got rowdy especially on weekend nights. Lastly, an unexpected and heartwarming surprise - we could see the fireworks at Darling Harbour on Saturday night, right from the comfort of our very own balcony.
Thank you Radisson for making my trip a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Request a room where your balcony faces away from Liverpool Street - the pubs get noisy at night.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Central Sydney hotels are expensive but deals can be had at the Radisson. I had a room with two queen beds overlooking a side street. The room was clean, well furnished and quite spacious. It was well lit and quiet. You could hear the monorail if you tried, but it was pretty well muffled. The bathroom was well equipped although the bath was a rather odd square shape that would not have let you lie back. I chose the shower. The location is great - walkable to the CBD and handy for restaurants in Pitt Street.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor and a side or back room to avoid noise
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Situated centrally, within about half hour walking distance of Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House but buses and taxis nearby if needed. Comfortable large room with access to basic cooking equipment if requested; staff consistently very friendly and helpful - we were very grateful for an extension to the usual checking out time (10am) on our last day, and no charge was made for this. We avoided hotel breakfast as it was extremely expensive, especially with the current strong Austalian dollar. However, there was a reasonably priced purveyor of muffins, pastries and excellent coffee less than a minute's walk from the hotel. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jessjones
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I have to say that my very first impression was not great. My room had a noisy air condtioner unit and at breakfast the next morning I was presented with the bill before I ate. I flagged this up with the manager and both were rectified immediately. For the rest of stay my whole party commented on just how friendly and helpful the staff were. Every person in the hotel we came across smiled and said hello. We were offered recommendations on everything from where to eat to events and even special cocktails in the bar. Now, the bar staff - they were fabulous.
The hotel itself is well appointed, comfy beds and nice sized rooms. The decor is a little dated but by no means shabby and it is very clean.
Location is great for a bit of shopping and city sightseeing. There is mo view being in the middle of the city, so do expect one.
Free wifi is a great touch.
I would have no issues in going back to this friendly and welcoming hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012