“No place like it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quay West Suites Sydney

Quay West Suites Sydney
Ranked #23 of 179 Hotels in Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Korean first
Merimbula, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed in room #1403. - a Suite
Nice city views and filtered Harbour Bridge views. Lovely feel to the Apt, large size, well equipped and maintained to a high std.
We are a family of 4, children aged 3 & 5 slept on the fold-out sofa which was made up as a bed and was comfy. Suited us but probably not ideal if staying longer.
Staff were very helpful, polite and friendly, as we arrived early (around 11am) the staff rang through to house keeping and put "priority" on getting our room ready. Greatly appreciated.
Concierge were more than helpful with luggage and directions, tips etc.
We will certainly recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: Higher the better, away from lift shaft.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hagen W, General Manager at Quay West Suites Sydney, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Thank you 'Matthew S' for your feedback, and comments of our staff - they are a true asset to us! We hope to welcome you back again in the near future, Joleen.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

I booked 5 nights at Quay West Suites using an internet booking agency. The reservation was for 5 nights beginning April 14, 2015 (way in advance). I hit confirm, understanding that there was no refund. It turns out I booked the right hotel, but in the wrong city. I ended up in the Melbourne Hotel by the same name. I tried dealing with the booking agency, explaining the problem, that I did not want a refund but only the right hotel. I got nowhere. I then contacted the hotel directly and they put together a team in Melbourne and Sydney to help me. The service from the internet booking sight was dreadful, inept, and very disorganized. With the help of the two hotels, I was able to get a full refund which was used to book the right hotel in Sydney. Even though the cost is a little more than I budgeted, I was determined to stay there so I can personally thank all involved.
I can't wait to get there now.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you 'Otto C' for your review, I am pleased to hear that not only did our hotel exceed your expectations but so did our Sister properties. We hope you have had an enjoyable stay with us, Joleen.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed there after our trip to New Zealand, so the standards of politeness, service and hospitality were admittedly high. However, some objective facts are beyond taste, opinion and high expectations. Just after arriving -last day of honeymoon- the visit started with a cockroach in the bathroom coming from the shower ceiling. No further comments are needed. However, the manager was very kind and the following day gave us another room (with fruits and water). Bad things happen and the most important is how people deal with them. The main reason I am submitting such a bad score is the unbelievably rude and inefficient concierge. When guests were carrying luggage, he pretended he was looking somewhere else to avoid helping them -I noticed this didn't happen only with us-. We also asked him the simple task of booking us the shuttle bus to the airport. Epic fail. When we realised the bus was not coming -as he never submitted our request although we asked three times and were given the booking receipt- we kindly asked him to call and take care of the situation. Apparently he could not; he did not care at all and was passing the driver to my husband, as if we were responsible for the communication and everything. In the end we asked for a taxi, but this person should really not be the first and last image guests have from this hotel.
Breakfast was fine, location great, room view amazing and the girls at the reception very kind. All in all, the hotel needs renovation and knowledgeable and kind people to welcome guests.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank VB1284
Hagen W, General Manager at Quay West Suites Sydney, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you VB1284 for your review, and I must say, this feedback regarding our Concierge team is highly unusual and out of character for our team. If you can please take the time to provide your name and details to my email address H8764-GM@accor.com so that I can best follow this up and investigate further. I do hope that you had an enjoyable honeymoon in NZ, and that we will have the opportunity to host you again in the future. I hope to hear from you soon, Joleen.
Brunswick, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Quay West turned out to be a great option for us during our trip to Australia. The rooms are really like small condos with kitchens and washers and dryers. The harbor view rooms have truly spectacular views of the harbor bridge as well as the opera house. We've stayed twice at Quay West and will be staying two more times on our upcoming trip. The convenience of the laundry and kitchen make the rooms a great pick for keeping costs down but the hotel's location close to The Rocks area make for quick walks to interesting restaurants and the ferries at the harbor. If you want to walk into Sydney downtown it's a quick walk as well.

Room Tip: Harbor view rooms are worth the extra dollars.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Vickie S
Thank you 'Vickie S' for your review, it sounds like you had a wonderful stay here with us in Sydney! I hope that we will welcome you back again on your next visit to Sydney, Joleen.
Yeovil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Can't go wrong here, good rooms, staff and location.
Don't expect true 5 star room fittings but they are perfectly acceptable and well equipped apartments.
Only a 5 minute walk to Circular Quay, train station, ferry terminals etc.
Honoured my Accor Platinum status with a room upgrade etc.

Room Tip: Harbour and bridge view rooms are worth the extra cost
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicholas S
Thank you 'Nicholas S' for your review, and I am pleased to hear that as a loyal member of Accor, you truly enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future, Joleen.