“Best of both worlds!”

Quay West Suites Sydney
Ranked #26 of 182 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This hotel really is the best of both worlds, it's a fully fledged hotel, with excellent room service, minibar, daily housekeeping, but it's also a fully equipped in a way you'd normally expect a Serviced Apartment to be. Full kitchen, including a fridge in addition to the minibar one, laundry, etc.

The rooms were great, large and comfortable, we stayed in a 1 bedroom King Suite.

Only thing we didn't like was being a Habour View room (the view was magnificent!) it was directly above the train line, and the trains honked their horns constantly until about midnight, not a massive deal, but somewhat annoying!

Staff were excellent, friendly and helpful, but strangely never hung around for tips, having recently spent a month travelling around the USA and Canada, this was a pleasant change!

The hotel only has Valet parking, but it is very reasonably priced for the area of the Sydney CBD at $49 a day.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,348)

Reviewed August 24, 2013

The views from the rooms are stunning, we had a 2 bedroom harbour view room and the view on the left was the Harbour Bridge and the view on the right was the Sydney Opera House. No need for a TV. The bed was comfortable, the shower worked really well, quite roomy apartments. It includes a kitchen, everything worked, a laundry that worked. The valet parking worked well for us, the car was ready in no time and the service from the front desk was friendly and helpful.
Only negative and its only a minimal thing, its a steep little walk down the hill to George Street, but Circular Quay, and the Rocks is very close.

Room Tip: Harbour view rooms are spectacular
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Not sure that this hotel deserves a 5 star rating. Cigarette burns in pull out sofa bed. Amazing views are the best thing - we stayed in a 1 br suite. Terrible concierge service - we waited an hour for our bags after check in. Average front desk service. Would definitely choose another nearby 5 star hotel over this one next time.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 17, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed for 8 nights and had the 2 bed apartment. (Taxi is about A$50 from airport). The views were incredible - 180 degree of the harbour bridge and opera house. Great to watch the ferries and cruise ships coming and going. The apartment was very clean and spacious for 4 adults with 2 double rooms (very comfy firm beds) and a sofa bed in large lounge, large dining table and a very well equipped kitchen (hob, microwave , toaster,fridge dishwasher (powder provided) so we were able to make our own meals on the nights we stayed in. Also excellent washing machine and tumbledryer (washing powder provided but not tumble dryer softener sheets) We arrived very early in the morning and the room was not yet ready but the staff were great. They gave us towels and we were able to get changed shower and also use the pool facilities on the recreation deck. Very welcome after flying direct from the UK. The pool although not huge was rarely busy and you can swim while looking out over the harbour. Circular key is a very easy 5 minute walk and so you have access to all the transport links which are very easy to use. The ferries are a great way to explore and they have free WiFi. My only criticism of the hotel is that you had to pay for WiFi (not cheap) which, given the cost of the hotel I thought was a bit unreasonable. Sydney is pretty expensive to eat out every night as so was very handy to have the kitchen. Beware do not buy food at the small stores there is a small supermarket about 5 mins from the hotel and also a woolworths and Coles within 10 minutes. Overall just a fabulous hotel

Room Tip: 2 bed apartments have awesome views
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ukgill20
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Let me start with the good things about the hotel. The location is fabulous - near to the harbour and near to George Street which is the shopping street. Service meets expectation. You'll get the nicest view if you stay in the deluxe rooms but the standard rooms have decent views too. Ours face directly across The Four Seasons and Marriot but still able to see the waterfront. Room size is large and is very well-furnished. Beddings and pillows are very comfortable.

One main gripe I have is the internet. When I checked-in, I couldn't get a wifi signal in the room and later I was told by the concierge that there is no wi-fi. I saw an ethernet cable in the room but since I am using the new MacBook Pro, it doesn't have an ethernet port and I had to run out to the Apple Store to get an adapter. This is after a 16 hour journey to Sydney from China. The internet is also NOT FREE and to be paying for a connection so terribly slow is just daylight robbery. $290 for a month of crappy connection. I'm not even sure why I am bring charge $290 for 4 weeks when I am only staying for 10 nights. I guess I'll find out upon check-out.

The day after, in the morning, the wi-fi signal was detectable - so there was wi-fi afterall! I didn't have to run out to get my computer plugged to the ethernet cable! That was some bad information given. However, I decided to keep using the ethernet because we were only able to connect a maximum of 3 devices per room onto the wifi network. The connection via ethernet is better than the wifi but it was still so slow, they had to bring a router up to get a better signal! I also had to keep resetting my password. And each time the password is reset the connection will get better for a bit and then worse. And every time it got worse I had to call reception to have them reset my password and restart my computer all over again in order to get it going. Connecting to the router didn't quite work out to be a solution. It is extremely frustrating and annoying especially when there is work to do! In this day and age, the hotel's service and capabilities in this regard is sorely lacking and disappointing.

Also, the housekeeping doesn't do a good job of cleaning the room. The bin in the toilet was not emptied and the cooking pans were crusty because they weren't washed properly.

Hope the rest of our stay gets better than this.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank koroto
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed for a week back in July and really enjoyed our time at he Quay West.

We had a two bedroom harbour view apartment and the view was amazing. To wake up with the sunrise over the Opera House and Harbour Bridge was fantastic.

The rooms were fine with modern kit, including a very useful washer and dryer, which was great as we were on a four week trip and our clothes needed freshening.

Location was great for Circular Quay and the Rocks. Easy access to the trains and the ferries. One bonus was the swimming pool, which was great and used by our kids most days. The gym was also pretty good with nice views over the city, while you exercised.

Even though, it's not the cheapest place to stay, the two bedroom apartment was massive and so, a much better way of living for a family travelling together than a hotel room.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a Harbour view - the extra money is well worth it
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family