“Go one step further to make your stay a great one.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quay West Suites Sydney

Quay West Suites Sydney
Ranked #20 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Hobart, Australia
“Go one step further to make your stay a great one.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed here in a one bedroom apartment for one night prior to undertaking a 40 day cruise. The hotel was wonderful - great location within walking distance of ferries and the Opera House and surrounding areas, lovely decor, excellent service from all the staff. We did not, alas, have a water view but we had a great view of the city. I enjoyed the bathtub and we could not find any fault with the room. Quiet and extremely clean. We had a special price through Wotif so it was a reasonable price also. The hotel allowed us to put our luggage in their locked room while we went sightseeing in Sydney before the cruise.

This is all very good, but what is superb is that on our return we discovered that there were no luggage lockers at any convenient locations in Sydney, and so we rang Quay West in the hope that they would allow us to again use their luggage storage facilities. This was 40 days after our initial booking. And they agreed that this would be possible. A lifesaver.

This would also be fantastic, but on top of this, a taxi left with some of our luggage after dropping us off, and the doorman remembered the company (which we did not) and this allowed us to track down the driver and recover our forgotten luggage. So very helpful, all the staff on duty that day.

Really fantastic service from everyone we met at this hotel. I would recommend it to anyone and would definitely book this hotel again if travelling to Sydney.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are probably good, but higher ones would have better views.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We once rented 2 apartments and stayed for 3 weeks. The couple staying next door were none other than Tom Cruise and his then wife Nicole. Tom would go surfing at Bondi everyday with the bell boy from downstairs-Tom is one cool dude.
The apartments are lovely- magic views over the city and harbour- the pool on level 23 is stunning although last time I was there it looked a little tired- needed repainting using the original colors- gold left etc- maybe that color costs too much.
But the rooms are wonderful- no one would complain and if they did ignore them. Careful with the parking costs- the Quay don't own the car park- and overnight it could cost you $70- although if you book it through the Quay its $35?- I just parked across the st for free as I went and got my car at 8am before the parking vultures appeared.

Room Tip: Check on room prices on the net- if they show a room was say $280 but no more available- call the Qu...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Quay West is serviced apartments. The view is great, the room is great and we preferred Quay West to Circular Quay.

The upside is the 2 bedroom suite is very spacious with incredible views.

The downside is the food options at the hotel. Fortunately you can sneak over to the Peninsula or Four Seasons for that added "service" and "touch".

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We have just finished a 2 week stay in a 2 bedroom apartment with our young daughter. The view was stunning and location perfect for exploring the city. Don't expect it to be the same as some traditional 5 star hotels as it caters mainly for those who want the freedom of apartments in the city. Having said that the service was always great and when we had drinks or food in the hotel we also found them good. You definitely use it as a base rather than a place that has it's own nightlife but you are so close to the nightlife in The Rocks that it doesn't matter. In fact it's great to have a quiet refuge in such a busy part of the city. The top floor pool was great (indoors), whole thing could only have been better if there was access to an outdoors pool too. Would definitely return if we are ever lucky enough to come back to beautiful Sydney.

Room Tip: It's more expensive but if you want a real wow then splash out on a harbour view 2 bedroom apart...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Margaret M
Cairns
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I agree with LLG51. I loved the area and the view. But if you want over $500 per night for a suite You need deliver.

Over a week there I received only 2 newspaper deliveries out of 6.

And one day / night we couldn't even get our room serviced. Despite 3 requests. I ended up making the bed myself - a first for me in a hotel.

Despite my conecrns and compalints - come bill time - all their extra charges were added on - but no decduction for lack of newpsapers and one nights rooms servicing.

I don't like hotels who think they can charge for extras - bit never discount for lack of service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Orange, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My friend and I had 2 nights in a $700 per night 2 bed suite with unbelievable views of the harbour bridge and opera house. For this price we expected perfection. No concierge could be found on arrival so we unpacked our car and lumped our bags up ourselves. No-one around to park the car. Each morning after breakfast (in the very small dining room), we found ourselves locked out of the suite with a system prone to such a problem. One night we had an electricity bill popped under our door (probably meant for the owner - but really !!). They couldn't find our names on the breakfast list, and so on. All little annoying things that you don't expect at that price. I wrote on our return to outline our annoyances but they have failed to respond at all.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I choose quay west for my birthday weekend away as I wanted to enjoy the spectacular views of the harbour.

I was not disappointed. The views from our 2 bedroom apartment were amazing!!! When I was told I was on the 13th floor I was a bit hesitant as I thought they wouldn't be good but I was sooo wrong, fantastic.

I noticed other comments from people who stayed on this floor in relation to traffic noise being an issue. I honestly did not hear any traffic notice my whole stay.

There were 4 of us girls away for the weekend and we requested the beds all be split do we had 1 each. There was still plenty of room in each bedroom after this was done, and each room also had beautiful views.

We enjoyed room service in the first night, meals arrived quickly and hot.

The pool was well maintained and was a great temperature for swimming. And the viewing deck was great, espessially for the unexpected firework show started.

Staff at quay west are so lovely, the receptionist on checkin and out was great, the bar staff were chatty and fun and the concierge that took my car to valet were brillant. When arriving at the hotel I noticed my car leaking coolant, before leaving the hotel I asked the concierge if I could go to my car and check it was ok. Without hesitation this lovely man asked me to pop my bonnet and he had a really thourough check of man car finding and telling me the cause of my problem (which was nothing major) as women travelling this service went above and beyond our expectations of a hotel.

Thank you quay west and all your staff for a great weekend. I will be back in the future.

• Stayed December 2012