“Location, location, location”

Ranked #12 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Yarm
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed April 28, 2009

My fourth time in Sydney and at last my husband and I have found the perfect home from home. The views are outstanding and I would defy anyone to find a better located hotel. 2 mins walk to the ferry and railway station. Withing walking distance of shops, The Bridge, The Opera House, The Rocks, The Botanical Gardens, Darling Harbour. Five minutes walk to the tram for Sydney Fish Market for the best seafood on the planet. Bars and restaurants are within a five minute walk. We have tavelled extensively round the world and Quay Grand Suites takes some beating for it's location. I would recommend it to anyone. The extra that you might pay compared to other hotels is worth every penny so save that bit extra for your holiday and book it. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Yarmnomad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 27, 2009

I agree with all the good reviews of this place.
It is just the most beautful view. The staff were fantatsic, true 5 star service.
Do check your bill at the end, as they added something twice & tried to charge carparking ($35) which was included in room cost.

The room service, see my photos but a 5cm steak for $39 & a 8cm steak for $40 with NO sides, no chips no saled NOTHING. and it wasn't even the best steak i've ever had. it was very nice, but not worth the money even if i was a trillionaire!
Also watch what you order for breakfast, we had to get help with ordering as we found the layout VERY confusing & even then it was wrong!!

BUT if you don't get room service & you check your bill - worth every cent!!!!
Just get the cheap deals :-)

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed April 21, 2009

My wife and I spent the last part of our honeymoon in Sydney and stayed at the Quay. Overall, customer service and location were excellent. If you do stay here I would recommend the harbor view. The location is perfect to view the bridge, opera house, the rocks, Darling Harbor, access to the ferries, etc... The room itself was large with a full kitchen as well as a washer/dryer. Would highly recommend this hotel if you are in Sydney.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Goblin_2009
Sydney
Reviewed April 3, 2009

We stayed here for my friend's hens night and we had a ball. We had two rooms as there were six of us and I cannot fault a thing. The staff were fantastic, even after we had an accident with a tray of ice cream, which we had delivered to our room at 2am
Fantastic views of the harbour, immaculate accommodation, you know you want to go there....
I must say the staff are the hotel's best asset. They even had a laugh when we left a horse suit behind to be picked up by a courier. They were happy for us to leave it there for a day so it could be picked up.
My breakfast was great as well!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Central Oregon
Reviewed March 24, 2009

We stayed 4 nights in a harbor view room on the 9th floor. This place is has a view of the Circular Quay, Bridge, Opera House and is in the center of everything. The rooms are luxurious! They give you a robe and slippers. Reception was excellent. It cost us just over $250 (USD) a night and was a fairly good value. We had tried to stay when the Queen Mary II came into the harbor but the room was $655 (USD) a night!!! WOW. These must be individually owned but they are nice. There is a granite kitchen, W/D, seperate living room, KING bed, 2 Flat Screens, stereo, DVD player, you name it. It's great to sit out on the deck with a glass of wine and watch all the action on the harbour. The rooms are fairly well insulated so you only hear the occassional ferry horn or passenger ship horn at night. We were there, fortunately, when only 1 day had a cruise ship. The harbor area is super busy then (restaurants, shops, ferries) and the view is of the port side of a BIG ship. If you can ascertain if a ship will be there, try to stay somewhere in Darling Harbour instead. The only criticism I had, was that the housekeeper left a greasy, rust stained large wet rag on top of one of my shirts. Woah! There was a little marital misunderstanding that evening! YIKES! Anyway, we had left a $5 tip for the housekeeper each day and she did NOT take it the next two days for some reason. Also, the restaurant had bad service and burned my breakfast badly. Therefore, I would NOT recommend the restaurant. There are plently of non-Hotel affiliated restaurants in the area for your dining pleasure. Also, there is a Cole's just up the block for the few times you might want to save $100 (USD) and dine at the hotel. The kitchen is well equipped.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank captaingary
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2009

I picked this one off tripadvisor and was a bit concerned as am normally into boutique hotels and this looked a little chainy for me but I need not have worried. Although the rooms won't win style awards and the marble in the bathrooms is a bit 1990s these are lovely apartments. They are hugely spacious with a really well equipped kitchen. The beds are super comfy but the best bit is the lounge with a beautiful view across to the harbour bridge - I could have sat there all day and night.

Hotel is really well located - an easy walk into the CBD, right next to the ferries to manly, watsons etc, right by the gorgeous botanic gardens and a short cab ride to Darlinghurst and potts point.

Service was impeccable - lots of staff who were on hand day and night. A proper 24 hour room service menu - after a late night partying the fish and chips were excellent.

Whilst in Sydney we looked at a pile of other hotels and this was by far the best.

Lovely pool. Only gripe is that they kept the free weights in the gym locked away but thats only a prob if you are a huge gym bunny

Finally ask for a high floor as I think lower ones will get a bit of street noise

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HilaryLondonUK
Birmingham
Reviewed March 16, 2009

Our 2 bedroom appartment overlooking the harbour and Circular Quay exceeded my most hopeful expectations. Plasma screens in the sitting room and bedrooms. Fabulous kitchen and laundry area.The appartment was spotlessly clean. It was 43degrees outside but the aircoditioning gave us a cool retreat from the hot sun. The staff were extremely helpful. I had a back problem while I was there and the kind man on reception not only rang around to find me a chiropractor but even offered to take me round there in a wheelchair. I preferred to hobble round myself but it was very thoughtful. No charge for this. There is a great swimming pool and jacuzzi (also helpful for the back). Watching the great cruise liners berth from your bedroom window and sitting on the balcony watching the twinkling lights of cicular quay reflecting in the water was pure magic. I loved it. It is quite expensive but the old adage 'you get what you pay for' is certainly true here

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family