“Great Location”

Ranked #12 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Milan, Italy
“Great Location”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

The Pullman Quay Grand is perfectly located adjacent to Circular Quay. This is perfect for a tourist looking for a convenient location and for a business person a short walk to the CBD and a taxi or train to anywhere.

The inclusions in the "apartment" style rooms, were excellent. A full kitchen with Nespresso coffee machine, pots & pans, dishwasher, washer/dryer, dinner table, cutlery etc plus the bits that you need.

The lounge room was comfortable in size and good for business meetings. In addition, the bedroom and bed was large and clean. The bathroom had a separate shower and a spa bath, though we would recommend filling the bath up once running the jacuzzi for 10 minutes, emptying it and then refilling it for your bath. It was clear when we turned it on that the jets had not been cleaned in some time - luckily we weren't sat in the bath at the time.

The work table in the bedroom could be slightly larger and the cable tv selection was almost non-existent apart from news and sport. The in room safe was also an older model that only used credit cards or swipe cards to lock it and a bit small - so not ideal. Also the internet limit on bandwidth was annoying and then it was almost impossible to purchase another package if you stayed for a week, so you were stuck with a restricted bandwidth which made it pointless to use.

The restaurant for breakfast was well worth the visit and the food was all delicious. Where there was a problem, the staff quickly removed that from the bill and corrected the mistake.

The bar also had an amazingly few and all the staff were great. The only disappointing thing was on 3 of my 5 nights there was a function held in the bar, which meant it was closed to hotel guests.

Room Tip: Higher floors get you away from the street noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Wayne T, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear ForeignGuardian,

I would like to kindly thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in great detail after your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased you enjoyed the splendour of our great location. It is certainly perfect for both leisure and business travels, enjoying the serenity of the beautiful Harbour, right by the CBD.

I am glad our suites were excellently equipped with everything you needed to enjoy your stay.

Thank you for your kind comments and recommendations regarding ECQ Bar and Q Dining for your breakfast visits. I will be sure to thank those wonderful staff in making sure your visits were enjoyable.
Due to the incredibly stunning views from ECQ Bar, this space is a prize-winning venue for Weddings and Events. I apologise for the disruption caused by these functions to your stay. We very much value all our hotel guests and aim to keep a balance in the function spaces to make our bar available.

Please accept my apologies on the issues raised regarding the bathroom spa and your internet bandwidth. I am currently following up on these issues and will do my best to amend them for our future guests.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

I trust you had a safe trip home after your business trip.

Kindest regards,
Wayne T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed there for one night for our honeymoon. Perfect location because it is right next to Circular Quay. We love the room, neat, clean,great views.The breakfast was delicious. Overall i will recommended to my friends. And i will visit this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Wayne T, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Brit33ney,

Thank you for your kind review and high recommendation after your stay with us in December.
I am so glad you found your stay well worth it for your honeymoon. Thank you for celebrating such a special occasion with us!

I trust you enjoyed the rest of your honeymoon.
I look forward to welcoming you back again!
One year anniversary, perhaps?

Best wishes,
Bolney
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We chose this hotel for our visit to Sydney based on the reviews which we read whilst at home in the UK. We were not disappointed! When we arrived early in the morning after a long flight we were offered refreshments whilst our apartment was beeing prepared, and when we entered we were very surprised and simply delighted. The room had everything a guest would require from the comfortable bedroom, the well appointed lounge /dining room, the fully fitted kitchen to the washing machine and dryer, not to mention the views over Circular Quay, the Harbour Bridge and The Rocks area opposite. Such was the nature of our visit to Australia this time that we stayed here for a few days each time on three occasions during a 4 week period, and we were able to leave our excess baggage with the Concierge during our absence. Without exception the staff were welcoming and courteous in every way, particularly the Reception Manager,Raymond George, and the Concierge Staff Rik and Omi. It was spotlessly clean, well located and a delight to stay here.

Room Tip: The higher floors have better views and the Circular Quay side was lovely. But I am sure those rooms...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Anne H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your Australian tour!
I am so thrilled you had an excellent stay and were not disappointed!
Our well-equipped suites are certainly what you want to feel comfortable when travelling overseas.

I am so glad you were warmly welcomed to the hotel.
I'm sure my staff were more than delighted to look after you regularly over that 4 week period.

Thank you for your kind recommendation.

I'm sure you had a wonderful time exploring Australia and I look forward to your next visit!

Kindest regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Our first stay at these beautiful premises was a few years ago. We just had to come back for our 20th wedding anniversary! Check in was great as we had arrived early but no problem. Our room was ready in 10 minutes. When we entered our room we were pleasantly surprised by a beautiful bottle of champagne on ice with a handwritten card from Simon Anderson (Assistant Manager) welcoming us to the Pullman and congratulating us on our anniversary. That he took the time to hand write the card was a really special touch and much appreciated. The suite was as beautiful as we remembered the first time. The view across Circular Quay and out towards the Sydney Harbour Bridge was spectacular. The room was very clean and had every type of amenity from a fully equipped kitchen, dryer and washer and a spa bath. Couldn't be better. Bed very comfortable, best sleep ever. Pillows especially were very comfortable - wish I knew which brand they were as we would like to purchase them......such a good night sleep. Proximity to the Opera House, the Rocks and the ferries is just perfect. Stay here if you can, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The suite with a view over Circular Quay is wonderful. Sitting on the balcony seeing the ferries ag...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Travelling_Trios3,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay with us.
It is certainly a pleasure to welcome back a familiar face.
And might I congratulate and wish you again, a very happy 20th Anniversary!
Thank you for celebrating such a special occasion with us.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and celebrated in such a wonderfully memorable way!

I trust you had a safe trip home.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Warmest regards,
Sydney NSW
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed at the Pullman Grand Quay for one night, as part of a few days of celebration for a 50th birthday.
Perfect spot right next to Circular Quay, fantastic pool, lovely rooms - clean, well appointed, great views over the Rocks, comfortable beds. Breakfast was lovely, with the taster plate an unexpected pleasure. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We chose a garden view one bedroom suite which suited our needs perfectly - had everything we needed...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Wayne T, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear KeeperSydneyNSW,

Thank you so kindly for your review and high recommendation after your recent stay with us.
It is so wonderful to hear your experience here contributed to your birthday celebrations.
And what a perfect way to celebrate!

I would like to wish you and your family a very relaxing and enjoyable long weekend.

Warmest regards,
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 20, 2014

When our travel agent gave us the option of upgrading to this hotel I did wonder whether the additional cost would be worth it. It was!!

Since this was our first time in Australia, our plan was to be out and about most of the time, rather than in the hotel room. Why pay for a view when that is the plan??!! We found that the recovery from the long trip from Canada was more difficult than we expected. As we were waking up at all hours of the night for the first few days, having a beautiful view at any time of the day or night was a welcome bonus. We were so tired the first couple of evenings that we called room service (excellent food) rather than go to one of the many nearby restaurants.

Even after the jet lag started to disappear, we enjoyed leisurely breakfasts on the balcony watching the boats and looking at the bridge. I never thought watching a cruise ship come in and out of harbour could be so fascinating!

Aside from the view, room service and well equipped room, the following added to our enjoyment of the visit:
1) Ferry terminals are steps away and we made good use of them (don’t miss the one to Manly; both the ride and the destination are spectacular).
2) Grocery store is a block away (across the street from the ferry terminals and just up the hill).
3) Hotel staff members were professional and helpful.
4) Fitness area in hotel is well equipped.
5) Opera House is next door (although not visible from our room).
6) Botanical Gardens are across the street; absolutely beautiful and very large; great for walking or running.
7) The Rocks, with good restaurant options, are a short walk around the harbour; just the right distance for an after-dinner stroll.

We had a two-bedroom suite on the 9th floor with a spectacular view of the Harbour Bridge. The full kitchen and laundry were well used during our four days there, especially by the runners/fitness folks in the family.

Only thing that could have made it better was if there had been fireworks on the bridge during our visit. Maybe next time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank G N
Dear G N,

Thank you for taking the time to highlight each aspect of your experience with us!

I am so glad you chose the option to upgrade! It was certainly such a pleasure having you.
For a first time trip to Australia, you couldn't have chosen a more dynamic part of Sydney; Our biggest icons right at your doorstep!

I have to agree with you regarding watching the boast and cruise ships. It's amazing how ships so large can manoeuvre out of a small Harbour! I'm glad you took pleasure of enjoying the view from your balcony.

I trust you and your family are enjoying the rest of your travels and have a safe trip home to Canada.

Kind regards,
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Arrived at this hotel and the first amazing point is the location. Couldnt be better. Minutes walk from the iconic opera house, bars, cafes, shops and restaurants are easily accessible. The tour buses all stop across the road from the main entrance and the ferry buses are minutes walk away.

Unfortunately we couldnt check in straight away which was a hassle because i had meetings so had to get changed in the toilets but concierge gave me a towel. The front desk staff were ok but not overly friendly or welcoming. The room was amazing (room 502) the harbor view was superb with a different cruise ship arriving every day, sitting on the balcony watching the world go by was loverly. The room was superb, massive and every facility you need from a washing machine, tumble dryer, kettle, dishwasher and much more.

The deal included breakfast however the staff were extremely rude and slow. This was consistent every day. You also have to wait a long time for anything from juice to a cooked breakfast. Knowing how close you are to cafes and the facilities in the room, i wouldn't waste my time next time to have breakfast here.

Housekeeping and concierge were friendly and helpful and could teach their colleagues a thing or two.

Overall a great stay and i like Sydney.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Wayne T, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Pwalker19,

I very much appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay with us.
I am glad you made the most of our excellent location - Sydney's biggest icons and renowned bars and restaurants within walking distance.

Please accept my apologies you were unable to check in to your room early. We do our best to honour requests for an early check in, however, it is unfortunately subject to availability due to the occupancy for the hotel for the previous night.

I'm glad you enjoyed your suite when you arrived back from your meetings and were able to relax and take in the stunning Harbour views.

I am quite shocked to acknowledge your review in regards to our staff being rude and this will be dealt with very seriously. Please accept my extended apologies in regards to the wait for your food and beverages as this is not the standard we aim to offer. As other reviews suggest, your experience is certainly not common as we aim to deliver a high standard of service. So I sincerely apologise your experience was not a pleasant one.

Overall, I am glad you had a great stay and enjoyed your time in Sydney.
Thank you again for your feedback and review.

I would like to wish you and your family a relaxing and enjoyable long weekend.

Kind regards,