“Worth it!”

Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour
Ranked #14 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed there for one night for our honeymoon. Perfect location because it is right next to Circular Quay. We love the room, neat, clean,great views.The breakfast was delicious. Overall i will recommended to my friends. And i will visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Wayne T, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Brit33ney,

Thank you for your kind review and high recommendation after your stay with us in December.
I am so glad you found your stay well worth it for your honeymoon. Thank you for celebrating such a special occasion with us!

I trust you enjoyed the rest of your honeymoon.
I look forward to welcoming you back again!
One year anniversary, perhaps?

Best wishes,
Wayne T

Write a ReviewReviews (1,528)

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We chose this hotel for our visit to Sydney based on the reviews which we read whilst at home in the UK. We were not disappointed! When we arrived early in the morning after a long flight we were offered refreshments whilst our apartment was beeing prepared, and when we entered we were very surprised and simply delighted. The room had everything a guest would require from the comfortable bedroom, the well appointed lounge /dining room, the fully fitted kitchen to the washing machine and dryer, not to mention the views over Circular Quay, the Harbour Bridge and The Rocks area opposite. Such was the nature of our visit to Australia this time that we stayed here for a few days each time on three occasions during a 4 week period, and we were able to leave our excess baggage with the Concierge during our absence. Without exception the staff were welcoming and courteous in every way, particularly the Reception Manager,Raymond George, and the Concierge Staff Rik and Omi. It was spotlessly clean, well located and a delight to stay here.

Room Tip: The higher floors have better views and the Circular Quay side was lovely. But I am sure those rooms...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Anne H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your Australian tour!
I am so thrilled you had an excellent stay and were not disappointed!
Our well-equipped suites are certainly what you want to feel comfortable when travelling overseas.

I am so glad you were warmly welcomed to the hotel.
I'm sure my staff were more than delighted to look after you regularly over that 4 week period.

Thank you for your kind recommendation.

I'm sure you had a wonderful time exploring Australia and I look forward to your next visit!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Our first stay at these beautiful premises was a few years ago. We just had to come back for our 20th wedding anniversary! Check in was great as we had arrived early but no problem. Our room was ready in 10 minutes. When we entered our room we were pleasantly surprised by a beautiful bottle of champagne on ice with a handwritten card from Simon Anderson (Assistant Manager) welcoming us to the Pullman and congratulating us on our anniversary. That he took the time to hand write the card was a really special touch and much appreciated. The suite was as beautiful as we remembered the first time. The view across Circular Quay and out towards the Sydney Harbour Bridge was spectacular. The room was very clean and had every type of amenity from a fully equipped kitchen, dryer and washer and a spa bath. Couldn't be better. Bed very comfortable, best sleep ever. Pillows especially were very comfortable - wish I knew which brand they were as we would like to purchase them......such a good night sleep. Proximity to the Opera House, the Rocks and the ferries is just perfect. Stay here if you can, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The suite with a view over Circular Quay is wonderful. Sitting on the balcony seeing the ferries ag...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Travelling_Trios3,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay with us.
It is certainly a pleasure to welcome back a familiar face.
And might I congratulate and wish you again, a very happy 20th Anniversary!
Thank you for celebrating such a special occasion with us.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and celebrated in such a wonderfully memorable way!

I trust you had a safe trip home.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed at the Pullman Grand Quay for one night, as part of a few days of celebration for a 50th birthday.
Perfect spot right next to Circular Quay, fantastic pool, lovely rooms - clean, well appointed, great views over the Rocks, comfortable beds. Breakfast was lovely, with the taster plate an unexpected pleasure. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We chose a garden view one bedroom suite which suited our needs perfectly - had everything we needed...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Wayne T, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear KeeperSydneyNSW,

Thank you so kindly for your review and high recommendation after your recent stay with us.
It is so wonderful to hear your experience here contributed to your birthday celebrations.
And what a perfect way to celebrate!

I would like to wish you and your family a very relaxing and enjoyable long weekend.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

When our travel agent gave us the option of upgrading to this hotel I did wonder whether the additional cost would be worth it. It was!!

Since this was our first time in Australia, our plan was to be out and about most of the time, rather than in the hotel room. Why pay for a view when that is the plan??!! We found that the recovery from the long trip from Canada was more difficult than we expected. As we were waking up at all hours of the night for the first few days, having a beautiful view at any time of the day or night was a welcome bonus. We were so tired the first couple of evenings that we called room service (excellent food) rather than go to one of the many nearby restaurants.

Even after the jet lag started to disappear, we enjoyed leisurely breakfasts on the balcony watching the boats and looking at the bridge. I never thought watching a cruise ship come in and out of harbour could be so fascinating!

Aside from the view, room service and well equipped room, the following added to our enjoyment of the visit:
1) Ferry terminals are steps away and we made good use of them (don’t miss the one to Manly; both the ride and the destination are spectacular).
2) Grocery store is a block away (across the street from the ferry terminals and just up the hill).
3) Hotel staff members were professional and helpful.
4) Fitness area in hotel is well equipped.
5) Opera House is next door (although not visible from our room).
6) Botanical Gardens are across the street; absolutely beautiful and very large; great for walking or running.
7) The Rocks, with good restaurant options, are a short walk around the harbour; just the right distance for an after-dinner stroll.

We had a two-bedroom suite on the 9th floor with a spectacular view of the Harbour Bridge. The full kitchen and laundry were well used during our four days there, especially by the runners/fitness folks in the family.

Only thing that could have made it better was if there had been fireworks on the bridge during our visit. Maybe next time.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank G N

Dear G N,

Thank you for taking the time to highlight each aspect of your experience with us!

I am so glad you chose the option to upgrade! It was certainly such a pleasure having you.
For a first time trip to Australia, you couldn't have chosen a more dynamic part of Sydney; Our biggest icons right at your doorstep!

I have to agree with you regarding watching the boast and cruise ships. It's amazing how ships so large can manoeuvre out of a small Harbour! I'm glad you took pleasure of enjoying the view from your balcony.

I trust you and your family are enjoying the rest of your travels and have a safe trip home to Canada.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Arrived at this hotel and the first amazing point is the location. Couldnt be better. Minutes walk from the iconic opera house, bars, cafes, shops and restaurants are easily accessible. The tour buses all stop across the road from the main entrance and the ferry buses are minutes walk away.

Unfortunately we couldnt check in straight away which was a hassle because i had meetings so had to get changed in the toilets but concierge gave me a towel. The front desk staff were ok but not overly friendly or welcoming. The room was amazing (room 502) the harbor view was superb with a different cruise ship arriving every day, sitting on the balcony watching the world go by was loverly. The room was superb, massive and every facility you need from a washing machine, tumble dryer, kettle, dishwasher and much more.

The deal included breakfast however the staff were extremely rude and slow. This was consistent every day. You also have to wait a long time for anything from juice to a cooked breakfast. Knowing how close you are to cafes and the facilities in the room, i wouldn't waste my time next time to have breakfast here.

Housekeeping and concierge were friendly and helpful and could teach their colleagues a thing or two.

Overall a great stay and i like Sydney.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Wayne T, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Pwalker19,

I very much appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay with us.
I am glad you made the most of our excellent location - Sydney's biggest icons and renowned bars and restaurants within walking distance.

Please accept my apologies you were unable to check in to your room early. We do our best to honour requests for an early check in, however, it is unfortunately subject to availability due to the occupancy for the hotel for the previous night.

I'm glad you enjoyed your suite when you arrived back from your meetings and were able to relax and take in the stunning Harbour views.

I am quite shocked to acknowledge your review in regards to our staff being rude and this will be dealt with very seriously. Please accept my extended apologies in regards to the wait for your food and beverages as this is not the standard we aim to offer. As other reviews suggest, your experience is certainly not common as we aim to deliver a high standard of service. So I sincerely apologise your experience was not a pleasant one.

Overall, I am glad you had a great stay and enjoyed your time in Sydney.
Thank you again for your feedback and review.

I would like to wish you and your family a relaxing and enjoyable long weekend.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel on several occasions one being our 30th Wedding Anniversary. We have never been disappointed, the rooms are spacious well appointed and tastefully decorated. The location of the hotel is amazing so close to the Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge and an easy walk to some fantastic Restaurants. We chose to stay in a room with a harbour view. It was surreal looking out of our bedroom window across at the Harbour Bridge. We found the staff very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I would highly recommend this hotel for a truly wonderful experience this is the place to stay.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Wayne T, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Kim S,

It was certainly a pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel.

I am so glad you had yet another wonderful stay with us.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back again.