“Great place to celebrate anniversary”

Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour
Ranked #12 of 179 Hotels in Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our 5 night stay in this hotel. The location is excellent and the rooms spacious and well equipped. Our stay was slightly marred by the check out process where the charge for our last night was considerably more than the rate we had booked at and the reception desk staff appeared not to believe the rate we had and required us to provide proof of it even though we had both an email and booking record showing the amount. Eventually it was sorted out but we felt that their attitude towards us was not in line with our expectations of the hotel. Our only other negative comment would be that there was no management of the pool which on a couple of occasions was taken over by rowdy children making it unsuitable for our use. Apart from these two issues, our stay was extremely enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Belinda P, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour. We pride ourselves on our spacious suites and location as well as our service.

I would like to apologies for the issue with your rate that you experienced on check out, this is not in line with our customer service philosophy. I will discuss the issue with my team to ensure that no other guest experiences this same issue.

Please also accept my sincere apologies for the challenge had at the pool. Accessing the pool area requires adult supervision as a hotel rule, I am disappointed the read this policy was not followed at all times during your stay.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Belinda Paterson
Melbourne
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Fantastic hotel with all the convenience of home - kitchen , washing machine, fabulous large apartments in this hotel in the best location possible. Couldn't ask for more in Sydney and exceptional good value.

Only complaint is service in the bar is a bit variable - staff need to learn to focus on customers a bit more, remembering who they have and haven't served, rather than chatting amongst themselves. The place isn't that big they should be able to recognise a customer they just served.

Room Tip: Room are fabulous. either facing the water for an unsurpassed view or facing the gardens for a quiet...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Belinda P, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour. Our fully self-contained apartments do mean that you can unpack and feel at home very quickly and I’m glad you felt this.

Please accept my apologies for the experience you had in ECQ bar, I can assure you that this is not to our standard and that I will address this with both the Food and Beverage Manager along with the ECQ team directly.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Belinda Paterson
Bremerton, Washington, United States
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Spent 8 days in. harbor side view suite. This is one of the best hotels I have stayed at. The view of Sydney Harbour, Circular Quay, The Rocks, and Harbour Bridge was picture perfect. The balcony was a great place to hang out and have the first cup of coffee each morning for work.

The staff are professional and very helpful.

The suites are nicely outfitted, kitchens, washer/dryers, spacious.

Room Tip: Harbour side and an upper floor are best!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Check in went smoothly. Then we checked into the room and it was dirty. There was garbage on the floor in the living room. The previous guest's items were left in the bathroom. The lotion was open and half used. I went to the front desk to explain the cleanliness issues and they sent housekeeping up to the room. They still didn't replace the lotion and remove the previous guest's items from the bathroom.
Then the tv didn't work and it took them two days to fix it.
They cleaned the room the next day to try to get rid of the mild smell and it didn't work because there was still mild all over the shower.
I was very disappointed paying full price to stay at a dirty hotel when they cannot even get a room clean. Please! There are so many other places to stay in Sydney just stay somewhere else. This place is not worth the money at all. Hardly a five star hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank Australiaguy13
Belinda P, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience had i can assure you that this is an anomaly. I am incredibly disappointed to read your comments and wish that since staying in June you had brought them to my attention earlier to ensure that it was rectified immediately.
I would certainly like to speak with you further regarding your stay and would ask that you please contact me directly via the telephone 02-9256 4001 or email H8779-Gm@accor.com.
I look forward to speaking with you.
Belinda
Rockhampton, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Our trip to Sydney was for business which coincided with our wedding anniversay, so decided to splurge on the view. Looked at prices around the area and found the Pullman to be competitively priced. Had a 1brm room on the 5th floor. I had asked for a harbour view room as it was our anniversary and we were pleasantly surprised with a complementary bottle of bubbly on ice. The view was fabulous, and the service was great! Didn't try the restaurant or bar as we were out exploring most nights. Would definitely stay here again when in Sydney.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple