“Amazing hotel, highly recommended!”

Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour
Ranked #13 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed here on 21st May 2013 for my birthday and it was just simply unbelievable! My Le Club membership meant that I was upgraded to a stunning corner room. It was huge, luxurious and had a perfect view of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. On finding out it was my birthday, the hotel staff even had a complementary bottle of sparking wine sent to our room which was just so lovely of them. We dined at Quadrant, the hotel restaurant and they sent me out a specially decorated dessert with a birthday candle that said 'Happy Birthday.' These touches really made my stay that extra bit special. The food at Quadrant was amazing as well - we dined there for dinner and breakfast, and were not disappointed.

The room was just gorgeous. Everything was clean and tidy, modern and well appointed. The bed was really comfortable too. The room had everything we needed, and would be perfect for a longer stay.

The hotel reception were very friendly, professional and helpful. I felt that our stay was really well organised and we were well cared for. I would love to stay here again in the future. This is possibly the best hotel experience I have ever had.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank LMB84
There are newer reviews for Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Recently stayed at the Pullman and can honestly say I was very impressed. Fantastic rooms, clean, friendly and very convenient. I've stayed at most hotels in Sydney but this will be my new home away from home. Excellent.

Room Tip: All rooms are well above any of the competition. I'd be happy living in the room permanently. Be...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed here for a third time, but this time chose to stay on the garden side to save some money. It is getting more and more expensive to stay here, but you get what you pay for I guess. The obvious difference between the harbor side and the garden side is the view, but there are others. We found the curtains in the garden side apartment less appealing. They didn't keep our bedroom dark at all and seem to be of an inferior quality to the curtains on the other side of the building. I don't know if we got a dud room, or if it's the same throughout the rooms on the garden side. I actually found the garden side to be noisier as well. Maybe it was just timing. Quality of sleep is important to us and room darkening curtains/blinds would really help. The only other issue we had was with the dryer and this has been mentioned before. The lint cover constantly comes off while you're drying your clothes...surely a quick fix can be done as I've used this type of dryer elsewhere and didn't have an issue. We hope to stay here again, but will try to find a deal and stay on the harbor side. Hopefully this property can stay reasonably price and affordable. We love staying here! Thank you for the kind and friendly service!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank iknowwhatilike_11
Reviewed May 15, 2013

A super location and the extra space for lounge/sitting separate from the bedroom makes it more than just a hotel room.The Pullman really offers a small apartment with a nice little kitchen,coffee machine and work space.From the airport if you catch the train to circular quay it is a one minute stroll across the pedestrian walkway toward the opera house to the hotel-couldnt be easier. Try a ferry ride at lunchtime to Watsons Bay to Doyles on the beach and challenge yourself to the seafood platter-nice day out.In fact its nice taking a ferry anywhere at circular quay.Couldnt fault the place and had a lovely view of the Botanic gardens and within easy walk to the NSW Art Gallery.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The locationof this hotel is unsurpassed. The 2 bedroom suite overlooking the harbour bridge is awesome. My morning jog took me around the opera house, through the botanical gardens, past Government house and back to the hotel for a quick swim in the pool.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilyS27
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is our third stay here for the following reasons in order of priorities.
1/ It is exceptionally quiet.
2/ Apartments are modern and well appointed
3/ what spectacular views of the harbour and bridge.
4/ Ferries, train, and buses are at the lower door.
5/ Staff are excellant.
6/ Watch out for specials, our rates fell $170 a night as it was low season.

We have been in some of the best hotels in the world and although many have better facilities and eating venues, this hotel provides intimacy the others cant match.
In the three days we never passed through reception or needed assistance.
Exiting the lift at dock level to transport and eateries bypasses these formalities, what I would have given fot that 50 years ago.

Another great stay, congratulations management and staff.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the view of the harbour
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank archer66
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We booked this hotel at the last minute and even though it was pricey ($800/night) we did have a 2 bedroom suite (it was a garden suite but still had some harbour views and a lovely view of the opera house). The service was EXCELLENT - we were travelling with 2 small children and they let us check in early and check out late; and set up two cots, cleaned out the mini bar etc with no fuss. They were very accommodating. It's a great location and you can walk/train/ferry everywhere. We took the train from the airport and it was very easy, even with the massive double pram/all things needed for the kids. I would highly recommend the hotel and the staff. Only downside was a pretty average pizza ordered from room service. I would have expected more from a hotel of this calibre. Maybe we just had a bad experience though? I didnt let the manager know, which I probably should of. And we will still stay at the Pullman again when we're next in Sydney.

Room Tip: The 'garden suite' still had harbour and opera house views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family