“Terrible experience”

Ranked #12 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Paris, France
“Terrible experience”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Wonderfull location, Great rooms. But experience is ruined by one of the worst hotel staff ever. Feel bad about it. How can a gem like this hotel can be managed like that ? The manager made us feel guilty for asking anything...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Mulgogi
Belinda P, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Please accept my sincerest apologies for your recent experience whilst staying with us at the Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour. I am truly shocked to read your review, please know that we take your feedback seriously and a full investigation is currently in progress. As you can see from our past reviews Pullman Quay Grand prides itself on our passion for service, this has been reflected in our past Trip Advisor rankings and I am truly appalled that this has not been your experience.
I would like to speak with you further regarding your stay and would ask that you please contact me via email h8779-gm@accor.com or ph. 9256 4001.
I look forward to speaking with you shortly.
Belinda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Paris, France
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great location, good rooms. This hotel should be the number one. But service is just a nightmare.
When I arrived, room was not ready. So I went out without being able to have a shower. It happens. They kept my luggage, and shipped it to my room, where I got them when I arrived later. But SOMEBODY LOCKED MY SUITCASE. Unbeliveable. I couldn't open it ! I called front desk, and, of course, it was my fault "we didn't lock your suitcase sir"... It was a samsonite with a locker I had never used in my life. And it couldn't be locked by accident. They only solution they found, after 30 mn of no reaction, was to send a guy who cut my suitcase with a big knife... Seriously.
So I left this place with my dirty clothes on... And flyed back home. Then, one week after my stay, I got a letter from "Pullmann Quay"... I though : finaly, an excuse letter, with may be some coupons or refund ! Not at all, it was an invoice ! They charged me an extra 10 AUD for minibar I never used. And they send me that by mail. I am a french, long time Accor Customer, and it is the first time I give that kind of review to an hotel...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

4 Thank 215Voyageur_France
Dear Valued Guest,
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues had during your stay at the Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour. It is with great concern that i read your review regarding your experience whilst staying at our property. Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour due to its location and facilities is a popular hotel and as such we run a very high occupancy year round which at times does not give us the facility to honour our early arrival's requests, I apologise that we were not able due to our occupancy meet your request to check in early i understand that after a long flight this can be frustrating. I am happy to read that we had transferred your luggage whilst you were out to your room to enable you a seamless check-in on your return but am as baffled as my team to the lock on your luggage as our policy is not to alter, change or adjust any guest item. This is a policy we strictly adhere to and have not I am happy to advise at any point since Quay Grands opening experienced an issue such as this. I apologise that our maintenance team were unable to cut the lock with anything but a small saw but am glad they were able to open this for you.
I would certainly like to speak with you further and would ask that you contact me via email h8779-gm@accor.com to further discuss your stay.
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is the best place to stay when first visiting Sydney. The rooms are not only spacious and modern, but have a separate bedroom and a kitchen. The staff is very helpful and otherwise excellent. All Harborview rooms overlook Circular Quay with its busy horn-tooting boat traffic (nonetheless very quiet when the balcony doors are closed), and have a view of the famous Sydney Harbor Bridge. The large cruise ships that dock on the opposite side of the Quay come and go from day-to-day. The Public Gardens are right outside the hotel, and the Opera House is a very short walk from the hotel door. The Sydney busses (which seem to go everywhere that a tourist would want) are less than 100 yards from the hotel. We stayed here at the start of our Australia vacation for a few days to get over the jet lag and to see the city and surrounds. Yes, it's a bit more expensive than other Sydney hotels, but well worth it to provide a great start Down Under.

Room Tip: Opt for a Harborview room on a high floor to get the most panoramic views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Belinda P, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour. We sincerely want every guest to experience nothing short of a exceptional stay. It was with pleasure that i read about your experiences during your stay and that you were able to not only enjoy our amazing views but also our incredible location inclusive of the bus system that is on a few meters from the hotel. We sincerely appreciate your comments on our service please know that i will share this with my team.
Safe Travels we look forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour in the future.
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We arrived into Sydney on an early morning flight from Hong Kong and were not only greeted and checked in quickly and efficiently but were delighted to be told that our "Harbour View" room was ready for us, despite it being only nine o'clock in the morning.

The room was everything we hoped for and more as our base in Sydney for five days. Large, spacious, modern and clean with spectacular views from the balcony straight out onto Circular Quay and with Sydney Harbour Bridge as a backdrop. Just around the corner was the Opera House and the beautiful Botanical Gardens and it was just 15 minutes walk into the centre of Sydney. In fact, it's hard to imagine a better location as a place to stay in this wonderful city.

Our one bedroom apartment consisted of a fully fitted kitchen including cooker, hob, fridge freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer (saving us a fortune on normal hotel laundry prices) and even a Nespresso coffee machine as well as microwave, toaster and kettle. The living room and dining room were simply but practically, and comfortably, furnished with large glass panoramic windows making the room light and airy.

Outside, the balcony provided stunning views and a great place to sit and enjoy the hustle and bustle of Circular Quay with it's many boats, ferries and cruise liners constantly coming in and out of the harbour. Somewhat noisy during the day, we were surprised how quiet it was once the balcony door was shut and the curtains closed at night.

The bedroom, again, had views overlooking the harbour and we loved pulling back the curtains in the morning to watch the city waking up and the activity on the harbour. The large bathroom had a huge jacuzzi bath and a large, walk in, shower.

Quay Grand Suites also has a lovely indoor swimming pool and a small gym, although why people would spend an hour walking on a treadmill when they could be out in the sunshine walking around the botanical gardens was beyond us!

Throughout our stay the staff were always attentive, courteous and very helpful and any requests such as room service or taxis were dealt with quickly and efficiently.

All in all it was far more spacious, comfortable and practical than a standard hotel room and felt like a real home from home. A great place to return to after a busy day exploring the city. I can't say that about all hotels I've stayed in. If your'e looking for somewhere in a fantastic location that gives you all the benefits and services of a 5 star hotel but with more space and more flexibility then I would definitely recommend Quay Grand Suites.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jon,
Thank you for the amazing review. I was happy to read that whilst we don’t guarantee room availability prior to check in time that we were able to accommodate your arrival and check you in seamlessly to your beautiful Harbour suite. Thank you for your comments on our suites we agree the size is fantastic for any length of stay and having a balcony is an anomaly that few are able to enjoy especially with our location sitting right on Sydney Harbour looking out over Circular Quay and with views of Sydney Harbour Bridge its amazing. Add in that you are also 200 meters from the Opera House and we agree there is no better location to stay in Sydney.
I hope to welcome you back in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our family of three, stayed at this hotel last week to celebrate the Labour Day Long Weekend in Victoria. Whilst we have visited Sydney many times, the location, view and service at this hotel is something we could never tire of. The welome and check in process is excellent as was the service throughout the complex. The apartment style rooms are well appointed, with full kitchen facilities which were such a benefit to travelling with a four year old. Full sized balconies are perfect for people watching and feeling a part of the action along Circular Quay, and we were very lucky to see the arrival and departure of an international passenger liner. The pool and spa facilities are excellent and has other Trip Adviser Reviewers have written, this location is wonderful for exploring all parts of Sydney with great ease. This really is a terrific hotel. Have a great stay !

Room Tip: Any room on the harbour side is a real treat
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Juliette,

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Quay Grand Sydney
Harbour. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Please know that I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thanks for the terrific hotel statement we agree and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Jhansi, India
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was a superb hotel , really enjoyed our stay there. Located At Excellent Location And Service Was Good As well Food Was Really Tasty There , Highly Recommended To Visit Sydney And Stay In Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour For Pleasure And To Enjoy Your Trip.

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Mandal, Norge
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Excellent hotel within walkingdistance from all highlights in Sydney. Wonderful breakfast! We did not make use of spa in the top floor. We had a lovely stay in Sydney for three nights. Jump on jump of buses stopped just outside the hotel. Very convenient!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review and feedback of your stay at the Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour and truly value that you chose to stay with us. Thank you for your comments on Breakfast its such a lovely outlook over the Harbour what better a way to start your day.
You are right our location is absolutely convenient and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerlely,