“Good Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Regis City Centre

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Park Regis City Centre
Ranked #122 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Brisbane, Australia
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Pros
Good price and Rooms stayed for my past 3 time in Sydney.
Got a free upgrade after getting back from Jenolan cave

Cons
A little noise during weekends
Water pressure need to improve for the shower.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kohdesmond
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear kohdesmond

Thank you for your recent review and your continued loyalty to Park Regis City Centre. I am glad we were able to offer a complimentary upgrade, we always try to look after our regular guests subject to availability. Our hotel is currently installing double glazed windows to a further two floors, this is reducing the amount of noise which can be heard from inside the hotel. The water pressure in the showers is not normally a problem, I will ask our Engineer to inspect the shower in your last room. I apologise if this impacted on your stay. Thank you once again for staying at Park Regis City Centre and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brisbane
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Terrible old building. Narrow walkways and extremely small rooms. They did their very best to kind of dress up the foyer, but the moment you turn the corner to the elevators the standard drops to 1 star. Overpriced.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Anonymousme00
SWHG_Operations, Front Office Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear bernBrisbane

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I apologise that we didn't meet your expectations during your stay. As you mention the hotel is located in an older building and the corridors on each floor are narrow compared with modern buildings. I must mention that although the corridors are narrow wheelchairs are able to negotiate our corridors without any issue. Our hotel is currently undergoing a refurbishment program which includes installing double glazed windows and the painting of rooms and corridors. The lift lobby and interior of the lifts are currently being reviewed by our General Manager. I believe we offer modern and good quality rooms at an affordable price, especially considering our central location in Sydney. Again I apologise that you did not enjoy your stay, if I can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Sydney hotels

Noosa, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We found this hotel to be very clean and tidy, staff were extremely helpful. The hotel is well located within the CBD. Rooms are a little on the small side, but if you are only thinking of staying a short while this Hotel ticks all the boxes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is on the higher levels.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LisaTracy

Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be very clean and tidy, we have dedicated Housekeeping staff who have worked at the hotel for a number of years and take pride in their work. Our hotel is located nearby to Town Hall station and is a convenient base to explore Sydney from. Thanks again for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Park Regis City Centre.

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

stayed there for 2 nites, we arrived early, but pleasant staff accommodated us.. its a great location for city explore, nearby to train station, accessible to most tourist shopping and site seeing.. rooms are a bit tight for 3 people, but overall, its great for sleepover only.. swimming pool was under renovation, so it was no use for us.. city view from rooftop was great...

Room Tip: room with a view is great, better to have rooms on the higher level as it get a bit noisy with all t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear PinoyTassie

Thank you for leaving a review. I am glad to hear that our staff was able to assist you when you arrived early. We are located within walking distance of Town Hall, Pitt Street Mall, Darling Harbour and the QVB building. The hotel does have triple rooms which are located on each floor. We currently have scaffolding on the rooftop and swimming pool on level 45 for essential maintenance work to the exterior of the building. I apologise that you were not able to access the swimming pool during your stay. The rooftop area is still open and I am pleased to hear that you had an opportunity to take in the great view. Thank you once again for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

very pleasant staff.The room was clean and tidy.Absolutely great view from rooftop and parking was easy to access.Also the hotel was very easy to drive to
Parking was at a fee but we were able to negotiate leaving car until 2PM(also at a cost) but worth it for the convenience

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

SWHG_Operations, Front Office Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Toni B

Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that your room was clean and tidy. We have a rooftop observation deck and swimming pool which is located on level 45, from the top there is great views across the city, including the harbour. Parking is available on-site at the hotel for a fee of $35 per night and as you mentioned we can arrange for additional parking time if necessary. Thank you for your positive comments regarding our staff and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Regis City Centre again in the future.

Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Well located near Central railway and close to many attractions and restaurants but the rooms are small and basic and very noisy with traffic sounds. The staff are uber friendly and helpful to overseas and local visitors.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark E

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Just to clarify, we are located near Town Hall station not Central Station. We have a range of different room types and room sizes at the hotel and we are always happy to work out which is the most suitable for each guest. As mentioned in other responses, our hotel is currently installing double glazed windows to reduce the level of traffic noise in the rooms. I am pleased that you have acknowledged our friendly and helpful staff, I will share these comments with them. Thank you once again for staying at Park Regis City Centre.

Pambula
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I selected this hotel in Sydney, needing a quick and comfy rest break after travelling for nearly 36 hours from Europe. I had just returned to Australia from the Netherlands and, knowing how badly I get jet-lagged, knew I'd need somewhere affordable and comfortable to spend the day and night before moving further south to my home the next day.

I chose the Park Regis partly because of price but largely on the basis of location. Flying into Sydney presents one with the choice of train into Sydney centre and then a walk to a hotel - but after hours and hours in an aircraft, the whole transfer needs to be painless. Well that's what it was, and after a quick train trip to Town Hall station, I had only to walk 150m up Park Street to the hotel. Easy ! However, be aware that the Town Hall station has no elevator working and one has to struggle up endless stairs with heavy bags to reach street level. Be prepared.

The hotel manager welcomed me pleasantly, sympathized with my travel burdens, and immediately gave me a room right towards the back, ensuring I would not be disturbed by road, traffic or people noise. A wonderfully thoughtful choice on his part and I slept the whole day through.

Meals are not served at this hotel so you have to go out. But if proximity blends with laziness, then the bistro exactly next door ticks all the right buttons. I had dinner there and breakfast again the next morning before checking out. Good choices on their menu, affordable prices and relatively quick service for such a busy eatery.

The Park Regis is very affordable and this is my second visit in two years. The beds are comfortable, the service efficient and the location excellent. If I have a tiny gripe it relates to charges for Wifi - in this day and age, just a bit ridiculous in my travel experience. But then, after such a long trip, getting online seemed to be the last thing on my mind.

I'd go back to the Park Regis without any qualms at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the back, away from street noise, if sleep is your priority.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SWHG_Operations, Front Office Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear WanderingCodger_39

Thank you for your feedback. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and you found the hotel to your satisfaction. Thank you for mentioning our location, we are in the centre of the city and considering our great location we are reasonably priced against the surrounding hotels. We are currently installing double glazed windows which are improving the sound proofing, also as you mentioned the rooms facing towards the back of the building are away from the street and are quieter but with less of a view.
Our hotel does not have a restaurant or bar however we have an arrangement with the Coffee Club café which is located immediately next door, which allows guests to charge breakfast to their hotel account. I have noted your comments regarding the wifi and these have been forwarded to our General Manager to review. Thank you once again for your positive review of the hotel, it is always rewarding to learn that the high standards our staff strive to achieve are appreciated by our guests.