“Average”

Ranked #127 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Brisbane, Australia
“Average”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed here for two Nights. Overall it is a basic hotel, but the location is great and staff are friendly. The only complaint I had was the glasses in the room- which were dirty. Overall it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed at the Park Regis City Centre for 3 nights whilst working in the city. The room generally was basic but what we were expecting.
The bathroom was pretty awful though - absolutely tiny and impossible to shower without getting the entire floor wet as there was no raised edge to the shower, just a shower curtain to separate it from the toilet/rest of bathroom. If the shower curtain were open then the toilet would actually be hit by the shower water. I'm not joking.
Otherwise, the room offered more than I was expecting - there were bathroom amenities (shower gel/moisturiser/etc.) and there were tea/coffee facilities too.

The view from the roof was quite pretty although we didn't take a dip in the pool.

Location is amazing, you're literally around the corner from Town Hall and Hyde Park and it took me 5 minutes to walk to work (in Martin place) in the morning, so for that alone, we would probably stay here again.

1 Thank Julianne P
Erina, Australia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in an Executive room for a few nights while visiting Sydney. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. Loved the kingsize bed too!
The location is ideal for getting around the city and many tourist attractions, restaurants and shopping areas are within an easy walk.
The only complaint we had was the sound of the lifts at night. Our bedroom was next to the lift and you could hear the doors slide open and close on our floor plus the one above and the one below......all hours. It made it hard to get to sleep...I would recommend steering clear of the rooms next to the lifts, especially if you are a light sleeper.
Would stay here again if visiting the city.

Room Tip: Rooms next to the lift are noisy - you hear the lift doors open and close on your floor and the one...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HakkaChrissa
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had been booked into a "Premier" room, which was small, cramped and had only one bedside table with lamp, ensuring that someone would be disturbed if a light was needed during the night. The bathroom was awful, the shower was a curtain surrounding a floor drain did nothing to prevent the bathroom floor turning into a water covered dangerously slippery mess. Instructions for getting hot water were posted on the wall because the pressure was inadequate, and when taps were turned on in the washbasin, the accompanying gun-shot sounds were disconcerting. The lower walls were mould covered.

Will definitely not stay there again.

1 Thank Sheila F

Travelers are raving about these Sydney hotels

Armidale, Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Park Regis was fine for our purposes. The location is great and this is the hotel's biggest asset. The staff were very friendly and efficient. The room furnishings were modern and we had a great view towards Hyde Park. We stayed in a premium room and it was fairly compact (I can't imagine how small the express rooms must be), however, as domestic travellers with just a very small wheelie case and a little backpack between us, this wasn't an issue. If you are travelling as a couple and each have a large suitcase, I would suggest you either avoid this hotel/upgrade to a suite as you will probably end up bumping into or falling over your luggage. You may also be unable to open more than one suitcase at a time.

The main problem with this hotel are the bathrooms - they are tiny! I'm an Australian size 8 and could only just fit through the bathroom door. My partner had to enter the bathroom sideways and he's not a large guy. Rather than a shower cubicle, there is a shower curtain (that sticks to you).

1 Thank explorer255315
Helensvale, Australia
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have just read some of the reviews that people have written about this hotel. I really don't know what you expect for the price you paid. I have stayed here for the past three years. I have ALWAYS found the staff to be extremely helpful and the rooms to be clean. I have never found mould in any of the bathrooms. The location can not be beaten and there is a Coffee Club right next door. I have found traffic noise to be better than a few of the other hotels that I have stayed in. I have been going to Sydney for the past 7 years and have stayed at 4 other hotels so I do know what I am talking about. I will also be staying at the Park Regis the next time I am in Sydney.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends