“Fabulous city hotel”
Review of Park Hyatt Sydney

Park Hyatt Sydney
Ranked #4 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We have just spent five nights in a beautifully appointed Opera Deluxe room in the contemporary Park Hyatt Sydney and loved every minute of it. It is one of the best located city hotels anywhere, sitting in the shadow of the Harbour Bridge with, in many rooms, a front-on view of the opera house - and the enormous cruise liners docking in Circular Quay. If you can afford it, don't even consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Must have an opera view room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank twoginsonetonic
There are newer reviews for Park Hyatt Sydney

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed here when the vivid light festival was on and it was amazing. We sat out the balcony and watched the opera house change colour.

The hotel itself is gorgeous from top to bottom. Room is elegant, beds is comfy and the staff members were amazing.

It's worth every dollar!!!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ceeceerae
Andrew M, General Manager at Park Hyatt Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

We were pleased to read you had a positive experience at our harbourside residence, and you enjoyed the vivid light festival from your room. We will be sure to share your positive comments with our entire team.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Sydney in the very near future.

Kind regards,
Andrew Mensforth

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and we loved every single moment we are staying there. The room is spacious, overlooking the opera house. Staffs are friendly, breakfast top notch basically everything you would expect from a Park Hyatt. The view and room are so nice that we sometime prefer to spend time at our room!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hktransplant

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us and for your valuable feedback.

We were pleased to read you enjoyed the convenient location of our harbourside residence, and were impressed with the level of service provided by our team. We will be sure to share your positive comments with them.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Sydney in the near future.

Kind regards,
Andrew Mensforth

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We absolutely loved this place. The location, ambiance and staff were all top notch. We arrived early in the morning, coming off a cruise ship (the Overseas Passenger Terminal is just down the street- easy walk) and the staff could not be more attentive and helpful. Our room wasn't ready but they stored our bags and provided us with tourist info and maps. When we returned late in the day, our bags were in our room. We did not have the best view but our stay could not have been any better. The location is superb, with The Rocks just a few short blocks away, Circular Quay just down the street and the Opera House within walking distance as well. The Concierge staff was extremely helpful in suggesting places to visit and restaurants to eat at.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a view of the Harbor and the Opera House but it can all be seen from the public...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2014

It is a great hotel with stunning views of Sydney opera house from one side. Rooms are big. Great bathrooms with heated toilets. Location is unbeatable. The gym is just ok but clean. Staff is attentive

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KarnSe
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Great rooms but this hotel needs a major retraining / upgrade of service and staff

This is a beautiful property with views and nicely renovated new rooms.
Very comfortable and stylish feel. It’s the best in Sydney for luxury travel
Internet is free and high speed – very good these days!

However, the hotel needs to have serious look at its staff training and service attitude, something was just not working over the 5 days I stayed

Form the moment I checked in service was just awkward and not flowing
The reception did not have my correct name in the booking and handled the situation quite rudely as if I wasn’t meant to be there. Finally sorted ( 20 mins)
My room was not as per my booking request and when asked to change was only contacted 8 hours later to say no room was available. I was ok with this but still could have been a better response by staff to show they care.

The first night there was no turn down and when I called they just came with 2 towels at the door and I had to ask for water and new amenities that I was promised on check in and never came… as part of group we were offered wine or fruit …even after asking they never came

My first day I went to work and returned to room that was not made up or cleaned I called to ask why and they said I had a privacy light on which was not correct. I also mentioned that I called that morning to request a room clean, again no apology or offer to clean the room.

After asking it took 4 hours for anyone to do anything and I returned from dinner to my room being cleaned whilst I waited another 3o minutes

I asked for a shirt to be pressed and was offered express at 100% premium even though I didn’t need till the next evening yet they insisted, until i suggested normal rates would be fine… the clothes came the next day with a premium charge certainly not an express service

The breakfast was a hit and miss, it all looked good but tasted pretty bland. The menu items sound good but don’t deliver in quality or produce standards. No tea or juice offered until 15 minutes of waiting, a full room and only 3 staff meant service warmth or attention failed and just robotic like feel that can’t anticipate needs of guest

I did order room service one night and received cold fries and a very average club sandwich. Staff forgot my milk shake then returned with the wrong flavor 2 times… they didn’t charge me for the shake but I thought this is just another example of poor attention to detail even when trying to correct the situation

At the pool there were no staff … a few towels. No water or snacks. I went down to gym to see if any water was there but it was empty … lockers in gym were closed towels and amentias pretty low and steam room was off so I waited 30 mins to heat properly

Finally I sent one more shirt for pressing and agreed to express – they only came the next morning on check out some 16 hours late for 2 x price I could see no value

Btw take you key everywhere as access is controlled to pool a gym

Also, I found that calling guest service required patience if they actually picked up the phone – a few times I just hung up as no answer and when they did, the listening factor was pretty odd … they often did what they wanted to do not what I asked.

I would like to say that I spent over $5000 in 5 days here and I am taking time to write the most feedback I have ever had to on trip advisor only to help improve the hotel and warn travellers. I have been in many 5 – 6 star hotels and what I write applies to nearly all staff I met; something is out and not connected.

If they can all just relax a little and try to connect with guest in natural way to make the experience truly 5/6 star ….the rigidity and process driven operation fault this hotel and for the high room rate you really expect more.

Maybe they rest on the views and position but I think they would want to do better and improve.

Maybe take few a lesson from the four seasons (I stayed for week before this hotel) that don’t have the same property but win hands down when comes to excellent service and exceeding guest experiences….

Room Tip: harbour views only - truly exceptional
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
11  Thank mabudo_likes_travel
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Let me start by saying, we just loved this hotel. From the personalized service, to the beautiful view off the room balcony of the Sydney Opera House across the harbour. Park Hyatt Sydney cant be beat. Manager Timothy definitely went above and beyond to make our stay perfect. I spoke to him before we got there and he helped extend our stay one night to a room type that was not available online. When we arrived he greeted us and helped checked us in. He then showed us to our room and made sure we were comfortable with everything. The room was really beautiful and comfortable. A few minutes later they delivered a freshly made crib for my daughter with a little stuffed kangaroo. I thought that was a really nice touch. I don't want t to bore you, so in a nut shell, the place, location , room and service were "perfect". If ever in Sydney again, this is the place we will stay.

Room Tip: Harbour front room is a must.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family