“Fabulous Hotel, Technologically Challenging”
Review of Park Hyatt Sydney

Ranked #4 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed April 9, 2013

What a hotel, only once have we been in a hotel that was this technically advanced.
We arrived a bit early after a horrible taxi ride where we over charged, note: ask what the driver what your cost you should be prior to leaving the airport. We were charge 1.5 normal cost because we had a full compliment of luggage.
We therefore arrived early for our room, they realized we wanted our room as soon as possible because of our long trip, after offering us some champagne and/or coffee we waited a short while maybe 30 minutes and were escorted to our room where our luggage was waiting. This was excellent service, thank you.
Arriving in our room (what a view), first impression the toilet, which should have included 5 minutes of instruction. See us “Yanks” are still in the early twentieth century, our toilets only have a handle not five switches, heated toilet seat, and an another button for flushing with two more choices. We did figure it out, but it was a lot of trial and error. Additionally, it had a fabulous bathroom, two sinks, and a sliding wall that allowed you look out over your room towards a patio that overlooks the harbor.
Thermostat, is in Celsius, but I do know the formula. Unfortunately, it would not work correctly and had to have the engineer up and still we had to turn up the thermostat to about “35” (95 degrees Fahrenheit), to find our comfort level – obviously something was not working correctly.
Apparently we were one of the few that did not know if you leave the patio door open for more than ten minutes it turns off most of the electricity in the room. It was explained to us only after turning it a few times. It was frustrating and I believe information should have been prvided at check in or material in the room.
The patio door would not have been a problem, but without a doubt this hotel has the best view of Sydney of any other Sydney hotel. It overlooks the harbor and straight at the opera house, go up to the pool and you are under the bridge (very little noise from the bridge). The view is one you will never forget.
Breakfast – New York prices plus, if you want the buffet and the menu, be prepared to spend $45aus. I must admit that it was REALLY good with a magnificent presinatation. Cold cuts, yogurt, and other dairy in the refrigerator. I have never liked scrambled eggs off of a warmer, theirs were GREAT. The bread selections was the best ever. Buffet only $35aus. To do it again I would “bit the bullet” and eat there both mornings that we were guests. Bravo “Park Hyatt Sydney.”
An honorable mention should be given to Christian the concierge. We were discussing a subject, sure enough the next day he arrived with a printout on the subject from National Geographic, which I managed to share with others later on our trip. Thank you very much Christian.
Sorry I can not remember your name, but clerk that checked us was from New Zealand and immediately made us feel at home his offered comforts suggesting things about where to go in Sydney, including a bank.
Great, Great , hotel that is still trying to work out a few small glitches.

Room Tip: View of the Opera House
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Postman83
There are newer reviews for Park Hyatt Sydney

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Park Hyatt is Sydney is an extraordinary property snaking along the waterfont in the shadow of the Harbour Bridge and with direct views of the Sydney Opera House. The staff is very professional, attentive, and friendly. The concierge made terrific recommendations and provided beach towels and water for a day in Manly. The rooms were well-appointed, spacious, and had balconies that looked over Circular Quay. The roof top pool is worth a visit even if you are just sight-seeing. As an added attraction you can watch the on-going parade of all those who are climbing the bridge. Thoughtful amenities, such as access to bottled water and fruit were nice touches. The location of the hotel encourages one to walk into the Rocks district or go for a run along the stunning harbour. The symphony of arrivals and departures from the ferry terminal is equally entertaining. The Park Hyatt in Sydney goes into the top three of all Hyatts. The location is equaled by the service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank willsummit
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Nothing can beat the view of Opera house with blue water front from your hotel room. There are some minor issues and if you are on a business trip, then you may have to take some precautions while going to-fro hotel during rush hour. Traffic can be bad and not a lot of options for dinner around.

Service is good and staff are pretty attentive. There are some minor improvements needed in rooms and major improvement needed for "internet" connectivity.

Rest are pretty standard stuff.

Room Tip: Get the rooms towards Opera house or harbor view. Worth paying extra $$$
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is so good, when returning to Sydney will ensure my wife and I stay here again.
We were so impressed at the quality of the service, staff performance, and the hotel in general we are encouraged to seek and book Hyatt Hotels henceforth.

Room Tip: I believe that the choice of which room/suite is based on personal preference only. The rooms are r...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We did a short 24 hour trip to Sydney to catch a concert and dinner. As our arrival was very early in the morning we needed to wait for the room to open; we took advantage of the breakfast at the hotel. The food was excellent and the service was top notch. Front of House staff was kind enough to ring me on my mobile when the room was available.

The hotel is by and far one of the best in the city; great location in the heart of the historic Rocks area of Sydney. I booked an Opera view room and was pleasantly surprised by the clear and unobstructed views of the Opera house and the spacious layout. Each room on the harbour side has a balcony which is great to take advantage of at sunset with a drink.

While the room was nicely fit out one downside is that we noticed that the walls were a bit thin between the rooms. We could hear guests and doorbells being rang in adjacent rooms. Thankfully it quieted down in the evening and we managed to get a good rest.

Overall its a great stay for a special occasion. Its not a budget hotel but in my opinion the price is warranted given all of the upside of local, service and views.

Room Tip: Given the layout of the hotel and the location of the elevators the rooms closer to the Rocks can be...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tsubasa99
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you're in Sydney, I strongly suggest staying at The Park Hyatt. My son and I arrived in Sydney on Sunday. May 31st. I hired a driver to meet us (through Omni Car); they were there with our name on a sign the second we collected our bags. They dropped us off at the hotel ($70) at around 11am. Our room was not ready yet so PH gave us a designated private lounge room to use to freshen up and order food. This room was our own little hotel room with a shower, tv, chair, pull out couch and coffee and tea. Being a bit tired we rested, showered and ordered room service. The dining room called us 30 minutes after ordering to let us know that the waffles my son ordered would take 20 more minutes. I decided to forgo the waffles and asked that they just bring the burger I ordered for us to split as we were ravenous and didn't want to wait. We were waiting to eat so that we could visit The Toronga Zoo. Room service arrived and they let us know that it was all comp'd because of the "waffle ordeal." Amazing service! They allowed us to leave our bags in the room while we visited the zoo. After arriving back to the hotel later that evening our room was ready, they had already moved our bags into the room and had a nice complimentary bootle of wine waiting for us. Well, for me anyways, since my son is only 13. This is how every encounter we experienced with the hotel staff was from check in to check out! The best I've ever experienced. They even gave us a room that looked out on the harbor and the Sydney Opera House! The patio/terrace was stunning, I enjoyed sitting outside watching the boats come in and out and the views and action on the pier was fantastic! A lot of bridal parties have their photos taken right there so that was fun to watch. Seeing the Opera house at different times of day and night was breathtaking! The moon over the OH is my favorite photo I walked away with! Only being in Sydney for 1 full day I planned a private tour with Real Sydney Tours beforehand and they picked us up the next morning on Monday April 1st at 8:30am. This tour gave us a true taste of Sydney as we got to see SO much of the city that we otherwise would not have gotten to see. This is when I realized what a magnificent place this is. We were dropped back at the Hyatt at 2:30pm and relaxed for an hour and then headed to the bridge climb. I had signed us up for the expedited bridge climb at 4:30pm. Again, a must do while in Sydney! We took a taxi to the climb however it was very close...a 10 min. walk. After the tour we walked across the street to The Australia Hotel for Kangaroo Pizza which our tour guide from Real Sydney recommended we do after the climb. The pizza was superb, if you can wrap your head around eating Kangaroo! My son tasted it but after seeing Kangaroos at the zoo the day before it was a little unsettling for him. That night we swam at the beautiful rooftop pool; again the views are unreal from the pool area! The following morning we grabbed a taxi that the concierge graciously arranged for us (10 minutes prior to departing because I forgot to arrange beforehand.) What a memory my son and I now have to cherish forever! The area the hotel is located is great for walking around, a lot of restaurants and street performers and so close to the ferries which take you everywhere! Fabulous trip and amazing accommodation and service at Pek Hyatt Sydney!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Angelamscott
Andrew M, General Manager at Park Hyatt Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for your generous feedback and for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you and your son had a lovely stay at our harbourside residence and a wonderful holiday in Sydney.

I am most pleased to know that you were both well taken care of by our team and were happy with the level of service provided. It is also certainly wonderful to read that you and your son had the most enjoyable time exploring and experiencing all that Sydney has to offer.

As we strive to exceed our guest expectations, we appreciate you taking the time to provide such valuable feedback and will be sure to share it with the team.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Sydney in the new future.

Kind regards,
Andrew Mensforth

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Location, location, location. Super service capped it off, nothing was too difficult. Could not have made a better choice when my partner and I attended a wedding reception at The Rocks. What a location to explore the best that Sydney has to offer, bay and opera house views from our harbour suite balconies. The room WOW, KS bed was to die for, butler service 24/7, quality dining options and exceptional service. Walking distance to the historic rocks area, water taxis, weekend markets and chic cafes. My partner raved about the luxurious Spa, while I just relaxed in the living room. Many more pleasures available, very helpful concierge and wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Be pleasant to all service staff, upgrades do exist. Harbour and Opera House view suite was amazing.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CountryCol

Dear valued Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you and your partner enjoyed had a memorable stay and were impressed with the hotel's accommodation, dining and spa's facilities. I am also pleased to read that you were well taken care of by the team and happy with the service provided.

We continuously strive to exceed our guest expectations and your kind feedback is a gracious commendation of the hotel. I will most certainly share this the team.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Sydney in the very near future.

Kind regards,