Park Hyatt Sydney
$230
$171
  • Pool
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$136
Radisson Blu
  • Pool
Four Seasons Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$230
$168
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$139
InterContinental Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$164
$158
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$189
$127
$240
$175
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$120
$112
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

2,793 results
All reviewsopera houseopera deluxe roomrooftop poolopera viewcircular quayconcierge teamliving roomwedding nightluxurious hotelhigh teabottle of champagneamazing hotelcruise shiprocks areafour seasonsbalconybridge
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Just finished a stay at the Park Hyatt so wanted to write everything while it was fresh. We stayed three nights in a Opera Deluxe King room. The room had two balconies with views of the Opera house in the middle, the cruise ships docking to the right, and the Sydney Bridge to the left.

We had room 011. Though there was a view of the Opera House, it was partially blocked by a big tree. I think if you're on the 3rd or 4th floor on that side, you would have unobstructed views of the Opera house. We were staying three nights for free from credit card sign up and points, so I didn't ask if there was a higher room available. I was just happy to get the deluxe room.

There is also a lot of people walking around and hanging out right outside of your balcony. Understandable cause it's a scenic spot. I enjoyed people watching, but I can see some may not like it cause of privacy issues.

Room Pro:

The room was spacious. King sized bed which we slept so well in every night, couch, big round table, big closets, huge bathroom, shower with strong water pressure, a separate toilet room with a bide. The TV was nice and had a good selection of channels. The AC was nice and cool. The huge windows have a sheer curtain and a blind. It did a great job of blocking out the sunlight overnight.

Room Con:

There is a small window to the bathroom from the hallway. Found it a bit of a strange design. Basically if you're coming out of the toilet room there is a window there where you could look into the bathroom and part of the bathtub. There's no way to cover it up. So just make sure you're traveling with people you're comfortable with. We were fine with it.

Overall:

I found the service around the hotel very nice. We didn't dine at all in the hotel but it looked nice. The gym was nice. Not large but big enough. Was never more than one person in there when I went. The rooftop pool is small, but has a great view.

The location is wonderful. 10-15 min walk to Circular Quay with trains and buses that'll take you everywhere. Of course the Opera house is not far away. We were there for three nights and we saw three different cruise ships docked in the water.

We're at another hotel now closer to the Central area. Though the location is close to lots of restaurants, we do miss the service, view, and room of the Hyatt.

A great place and we hope to stay there in the future again.

Room Tip: We were on the ground level. Choose a higher floor for better views and more privacy especially you have an Opera house view. We were in room 011 for reference.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I visited Sydney for the birth of my nephew and decided to have three nights is this great landmark hotel, I have stayed many times especially before the renovations and have always been impressed but this trip changed my mind. The staff and service was not as I was expecting, mind you still did enough but not to the usual exceptional standard that I was used to.

I did have a disagreement about the wifi being included and because the discussion was dragging on I agreed to pay the $30 for the usage so I would have time to see my new nephew and catch my flight.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2013

A wonderful experience to stay here. The staff were extremely helpful and would do anything for you. The hotel is situated in the best spot to see the Opera House and the bridge as it is right next to it, however you do not hear any of the noise that you would expect from the bridge being so close. The only down side is that it is very pricey but well worth it. Things have changed since the re-fit with a little penny pinching at times, such as tea and coffee at breakfast, if you order a second cup they charge you for it, where as before they just gave it to you. Overall we had a lovely stay and would recommend the hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: If you want an Opera house view you have to ask and pay extra for it.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2013

It’s all about the location and the view with the Park Hyatt Sydney. Hands down it’s in the best spot of any hotel in Sydney. Located in The Rocks and directly on the water, you have unobstructed views of the Opera House, the Sydney skyline, bridge and harbor. It’s less than a five minute walk to any location within The Rocks and ten minutes to downtown Sydney or Circular Quay which is the harbor hub for ferries as well as the train station.

The hotel itself is relatively small in relation to the larger downtown hotels such as the Four Seasons, InterContinental or Marriott. The smaller size and the recent total refurbishment the hotel has undergone give it a more boutique hotel feel. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable. There is a small gym with a nice locker room with a shower and steam room which comes in handy if you arrive early (like we did), and your room isn’t ready yet or if you check out late and need a place to freshen up before your flight. All of the staff members we encountered were very friendly and helpful and made it a point to try to address you by name on any encounters you have with them throughout your stay.

We didn’t have an opportunity to dine in either restaurant (we were always on the go), but they both seemed to have a lot of activity going on so I’d I assume they met the same high standards as the rest of the hotel.

There were a couple of minor disappointments however. Having recently stayed at both the Park Hyatt Paris and the Park Hyatt Saigon, both hotels offered Hyatt Platinum members a free continental breakfast. The Park Hyatt Sydney does not.

I also encountered a problem using the in-room telephone. Their information sheet clearly states that local calls are billed at a flat rate of $1.50 per call. I needed to contact Virgin Australia Airlines due to delays surrounding a cyclone that was in the area during our stay. I was informed that this was a local call and the phone dialed out using the local access number. However when I checked out, I was presented with a $75 phone charge and told that this in fact was not a local call (which only encompasses the immediate area around the hotel). While I realize hotels use phone calls and internet access as a way of increasing revenue, $75 for what was in fact a local call…really? On top of that all Hyatt properties I’ve stayed at (Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, etc.), have always offered both free internet as well as free phone calls to Platinum and Diamond members.

Then it was like “let’s make a deal” when speaking to the front desk associate to try to have the charge taken off my account. At first she offered to reduce the charge to $50, then half and finally to $20. Since I was in a rush to catch a flight, I didn’t have time to get a supervisor or the GM involved although I plan to still follow up with them about this. I know she was only doing her job but this was something that simply should have been waived since there was zero cost to the hotel for this service.

Overall however, our stay at the Park Hyatt Sydney was very nice. Worth the $1200 per night price tag? No, not by a long shot as many others have said as well. Hotels in this price range have to offer much more than just a nice location or a view of a city harbor. Maybe an overwater room in Bora Bora or in the Maldives or a resort such as Qualia on Hamilton Island (see my review). These are hotels that should command a $1,000 per night or more price tag. Luckily I was able to use some of my Gold Passport points to pay for my three night stay otherwise I would have definitely stayed elsewhere for a fraction of the price.

Room Tip: Just about every room has a great view although there are a handful located in the back corner of the property that face the street. Just make sure that you're not placed in one of these rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HeyMan76
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Its a big statement to say Park Hyatt Sydney might be the best city hotel int he world, but even measured against Peninsula Hong Kong or some of the other finer city hotels...its really hard to beat PHS. The views, location, food and beverage are all world class. But its really the staff that takes it over the top. We had a 13 night stay over New Year's Eve and everything from pre-arrival support to the concierges, reception staff, house cleaners, pool staff, bell staff - everyone universally went out of their way to host us graciously, including dealing with a few special circumstances that were a bit above and beyond the norm. A particular shout out to the GM and the concierges staff, who helped us to make our stay as seamless as possible. If you are considering any other hotel in Sydney, please realize you're missing perhaps the best attraction in Sydney by staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family