“With Harbor bridge within a stone throw, what more can one ask for?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Hyatt Sydney

Park Hyatt Sydney
Ranked #4 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“With Harbor bridge within a stone throw, what more can one ask for?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed in the newly refurbished Park Hyatt on the night of our wedding. It is a luxury hotel however more than the fine appointments of modern luxurious furniture is the unsurpassable view of the Sydney Opera House directly outside the floor to window glass of our room. Waking up at the view of one of the most recognised architecture masterpiece and the pride of Australia is a terrific feeling beyond words.

I do need to admit the high price of the room prohibits a second visit under normal circumstance, we paid over $1,200 aud for that room for the night. Of course the sweet memory of the 1st night of wedding is priceless.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leo_Li721

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Amazing hotel. Service ...too good. Great staff and helpful. Food very good for hotel
food as were the dringks. Concierge knowledgeable and goes above and beyond. Very very expensive hotel but worth it if you can spend the cash. Rooms smaller than other hyatts, even the deluxe room, but the view is well worth the price. Roof top pool with view of opera house. Will definitely return if I can ever afford to go again. We stayed in RM 337 which had a great view.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gatordiner
cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

As many have said the views and location of this hotel are some of the best you will ever experience. We stayed two nights in a harbor view room and I am writing this from an opera view room. There is a big difference so if you can swing it, I recommend it. Watching the cruise ships, ferries and tours boats go in and out of Circular Quay is never boring and you never tire of the opera house either.

Add the view to all the cool features of the room itself and this is a winning combination.

The service here is the best I have experienced anywhere in the world, hands down. At the front desk is Mr. Leon Mendels who is a real gentlemen and could not have treated us any better as first time visitors. We had dinner at the Dining Room and it was superb as well.

The real difference here is the service though, do you need directions? Recommendations? a water, a coffee, a glass of wine while you wait for your room that's all complimentary? Do you like it when people know your name and stop what they are doing to walk over and ask how you slept then what are your plans for the day? if so this is the place for you....enjoy!

Room Tip: Use platinum status for free Internet and an upgrade to a better view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I'm not kidding! My sister bought me a spa package for my birthday. The experience initially got off to a rough start as there was no one in the spa reception area to greet me. I had to go down to the reception desk and ask them to locate the manager. This cut into the time I'd planned to spend by the pool which was complimentary with the package. (My sister also told me that when she went to buy the package, she had to wait almost an hour for someone to assist her because all the spa staff were in treatment rooms).

Once back in the spa, the therapist talked a little much for my liking but that's subjective. She wanted to tell me all about the products; I just wanted her to apply them. I also knew that it would mean a medium to hard sell at the end of the treatment and I was right. Another minus point in my book.

However, the actual treatment and the results of the treatment were excellent. The head massage sent me into a slumber and after the body wrap, I noticed that I was markedly skinner.

This was all preceded by a dining experience in the lovely cafe downstairs. My risotto was a little under cooked but the atmosphere compensated for that and some service inadequacies. I've been kind of forgiving with my score of 4/5 because the refurbishment of the new Hyatt is outstanding and the staff are all super friendly, helpful and I felt that even if they didn't always get it right - they meant well.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Chepstow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Had 3 nights in this fantastic hotel at the a holiday to Australia. I can't imagine a better positioned hotel in Sydney, nestled in between the Harbour Bridge and Circular Quay, with a "to die for" view of the Opera House.

The staff here are amongst the most attentive and helpful that I have found anywhere in the world. Special mentions to the Concierge team, who were fantastic, and to the Bellboy team. We left on Australia Day, which meant that the roads around the hotel were closed. They went out of their way to make sure that we were not inconvenienced, laying on a complimentary water taxi, and even arranged to send our luggage over separately to enable us to do some last minute sightseeing. Very impressive.

We opted for a room with a harbour view- this is so worth it. To wake up to the sun coming up over the Opera House was magical.

Breakfast - wonderful. A really good selection at the buffet, and a separate menu - anything from the menu was include in our room rate.

Unfortunately 3 days was just not enough - would love to return. As far as I am concerned, there is nowhere else that I would stay in Sydney!

Room Tip: A harbour view is worth the extra. M
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Simon G
Bellevue, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Park Hyatt is one of our favorite hotels- well located and close to nearly everything, the Circular Que, the Sydney Opera house etc, but more importantly, every morning when I wake up I push the botton by the bed to automatically open the curains and there , right in front of us, is the Opera House, and it reminds me I'm lucky enough to be in Australia once again-- the staff is terrificc, always let me check in early as our flights normaly get us there around 6 in the morning, and the food in the hotel is always beyond my expectations--

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Location location location this is the best hotel to be if you have extra bucks! Little pricey but worth every penny. You wake up in the morning waking up to an oper housr view. Breakfast was well served and the rocks is just 3 mins away! Circular quay 10 mins walking scenic and romantic view thst i highly recommend to honeymooners!

• Stayed January 2013