“For the location”
Review of Park Hyatt Sydney

Park Hyatt Sydney
Ranked #4 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This is a very nice hotel located right in front of the Operah House. You can't beat this in terms of location. We stayed one night as the price is quite hefty...

We had to wait for our room to be ready for a long time as they offered us a larger room due to our 3 kids. We were not disappointed by the room! Private balcony with view over the Operah House, the room was very spacious and offered enough space for a small family of 5. There was a dining table and the bathroom is fantastic. They left baby products for us as well as bathrobes for the kids!

They is a hot tub and a pool on the roof with again great view over the area. I would'nt recommend the restaurants by the harbour as they are expensive for what you get. Walk a little towards the city and you'll find nice pubs and cafes at more reasonable price (for Sydney).

I recommend this hotel for honeymoons!

If you are a family looking for a good spot in Sydney, stay at the Darling Harbour instead. Cheaper, and alot more stuff to do for kids or teenagers (4 points Sheraton is a good choice)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank expatsing

Reviewed June 1, 2012

What an amazing experience. Yes it is expensive but on world standards, it’s worth it. This is of the highest quality, built on one of the worlds greatest locations, with panoramic views. Just wonderful, except they fall down in just a couple of small details.

Firstly if you have ever wondered what you get for this sort of money, here is my summary:
• 2 shower heads
• Bath set in marble
• Bathroom two tone marble (limestone?) plus ceramic tiles
• Air-conditioning ducted throughout lounge, bathroom and toilet
• Entry foyer
• Separate toilet
• Power points everywhere, sockets including USB, Audio, etc.
• Motorised sheer blinds and motorised blackout blinds (and yes they are blackout!)
• Views of Opera House, Fort Dennison, ferries in and out of Circular Quay, Cruise Liner if in town. An active view!
• Well designed
• Is superior to the Mandarin Oriental in Bangkok and the Mana House Cairo

As I said is has a couple of shortfalls. Mind you I had to work very, very hard to find these:
• Builders pencil on shower screen
• Staff in dinning room marked down a star. Staff everywhere except when you want them.
• No apparent pillow service
• Ordinary toilet paper

Room Tip: Tip, find night light switch before you go to bed. The blackout blinds work wonderfully. We had a...
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Great location, lovely room, excellent staff, but I'm afraid I won't give five stars to an expensive hotel that charges $30 per day for wifi and makes you log in every time you wake up your iPhone. A 5 star hotel should have free wifi everywhere.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank CitizenDave
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My husband and I went for one night to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. One check in the staff asked if we were here for anything special and we told hime. They sent a lovely bottle of wine to our room and we sat looking out at the harbour. The new refurb is amazing . The rooms are so clean and comfortable.
We went out for dinner, however, after eating the breakfast in the hotel I think we wish we had stayed at the hotel and had dinner(we went to Cafe sydney and it was awful). It was one of the best breakfasts we have had.
We live in Sydney , but we felt like tourists seeing Sydney again for the first time. The location, the staff - everything is fantastic. It's one of the best hotels I have stayed in Australia.
We are going again for my husband's birthday and I can't wait.

1  Thank trollydollySydney
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed in Room 321. We could see the Opera House from our balcony, as well as the harbor. We had a doorbell and a privacy light outside our door. The room was spacious with a king bed. The double drapes were controlled with a button on the wall. We had a pod type coffee machine, an electric tea kettle and iron brewing pot. Linen napkins, china plates and cups, wine glasses, silverware were also in the cabinet. We were given fruit every day, along with bottles of water. We had free Wifi. The bathroom was divided into three areas. The two sink area for teeth brushing and shaving had a bench to sit on and a sliding panel that could be opened to the main room. The tub, hand held shower, and rain shower area was in an adjacent sliding glass door area. The toilet area had a wall panel for the bidet water choices and a heated seat. A hand washing sink was also in this area. The swimming pool was warm and the jet tub was cold on the fourth floor roof. An exercise room was across the hall from us on the third floor. We saw the cruise ship come into port while we were on the balcony. The staff was very courteous and helped us take suitcases down the back steps, so we could roll them to the cruise ship terminal. We walked to the Opera House, Darling Harbour, Hyde Park, the Art Gallery, downtown, and the ferry area, which we took to Manley. We had this free room for signing up for a Hyatt credit card promotion. It was a once in a life time stay. Wow!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I don't know how else to describe the Park Hyatt. Everything about it seemed perfect. The location is stunning, out at the end of "The Rocks" in Sydney Harbor looking across to the Opera House and beneath the Sydney Harbour Bridge. It is close to the core business district and many of Sydney's best attraction and also close to great options for public transportation since I am never too thrilled when I have to drive on the "wrong" side of the road.

My suite was well appointed with every modern amenity and designed with the business traveler in mind. It had a separate sitting area so I could conduct business in the quiet of my room and a great outdoor terrace with amazing views.

The staff was spot on at meeting my needs and when I had some business papers arrive, the bell desk got them to me immediately without me having to call down or chase them.

I can only imagine how fun this hotel must be on New Year's Eve.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank scottca075
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Simply outstanding, a true 5 star experience. From the moment I pulled in to valet parking, every service interaction was faultless. Staff always offered a genuine greeting and a smile. The rooms are divine, well appointed with a fantastic view of the Opera House from the large balcony. I've stayed at many of the top hotels in Sydney and the Park Hyatt surpasses them all. I suspect it is the finest hotel in Sydney.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business