“Not that bad!”

Seasons Harbour Plaza
Ranked #130 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights, the location is excellent just a minute walk to darling harbour..not even.
Check-in on the other hand was terrible he did not understand english very well and he was extremely quite so I really didn't understand him either it took about 15 minutes to check-in and check-out was also the same.
The Room- the apartment was alright, wasn't anything flash we were in a premier one bedroom apartment on level 15, the bed was comfy enough to sleep there short term, the bathroom wasn't that nice at all, the photos show that the lounge room is much bigger but in reality it wasn't that big, the kitchen didn't have that much essential items, there were only one glass and one wine glass and one mug, the cupboard door was broken, there was rust from water dripping underneath the tap in one cupboard,

there is a tiny balcony about 2cm wide so its a bit scary,
On level 8 there was a flooding recently and it smelt so badly when our friend had shown it, there were marks all over the wall just filthy.

I dont know if i would go back there, not really my cup of tea!

There are some really nice nearby restaurants ..i would suggest Adria, Malaya and Casa Di Nico,

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Yannick D, Manager at Seasons Harbour Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear 880reby,

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences from your stay at the Seasons Harbour Plaza. Please allow me this opportunity to apologise for the unpleasant check in and check out you experienced. The Seasons is committed to providing guests such as yourself with the highest quality customer service. I sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance.

Your comments are important to the success of our hotel, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I sincerely apologise for the lack of kitchen crockery/glassware, and the maintenance issues you pointed out. I have investigated and passed all your comments across to the department Managers concerned.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. Sincere Regards.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Booked this hotel for a few days break on our way to the Gold Coast. Hotel room was very spacious with cooking facilities also available. The staff were extremely friendly and directed us to restaurant's in the area. Would have loved a room with a view of the harbour, but we were happy with what we got. A short 5 minute walk to Cockle Bay and Darling Harbour which was great. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mike D,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We’re delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our location in Darling Harbour to be very convenient! We genuinely appreciate your comments and we hope to welcome you back to the Seasons Harbour Plaza on your next visit to Sydney.

We love to hear such positive feedback and have shared your comments with the team!

Thank you once again for your review. Warmest Regards.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Looks like a bunch of untrained professionals running the hotel- rude, obnoxius and dated- rooms are in urgent need of a refurb- clean as it may see, bathroom tiles grouty, beds uncomfortable, reception staff cannot speak proper english, having a guy stand behind end a bag of twisties as we were checking in- who is the manager here-

1  Thank Chin C

Dear Chin C,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Seasons Harbour Plaza and for sharing your experiences on Trip Advisor.

I would like to apologise for the experience you had with us. This is not acceptable and I have addressed these issues with the department Managers concerned. We place significant importance in our cleanliness standards and quality of room, I am disappointed that we have let you down on this occasion.

I also sincerely regret we fell short on the hospitality customer service you should have received. Your comments have been passed on directly to the Front Office Manager for review.

Thank you once again for your review and my sincere apologies once again. Warmest Regards.

Yannick Dardenne
Manager at Seasons Harbour Plaza.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Worst hotel ever , putrid , filthy , terrible service , rooms were filthy dirty and no basic kitchen supplies, balcony is one tile wide! Curtains don't close properly , or fit the window correctly WILL NEVER RECOMMEND AND TELL EVERYONE WE KNOW TO NEVER STAY ALSO LODGED FORMAL COMPLAINTS ASWELL

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Mum871

Dear Mum871,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor.

Please accept my sincere and unreserved apology for the inconveniences you faced during your stay with us. I have personally investigated and spoken directly with the Housekeeping Manager concerned to have all issues pointed out corrected as swiftly as possible.

I regret we were not able to provide you with the comfortable stay you had hoped for. I do hope this unpleasant experience hasn't permanently destroyed your opinion of the Seasons Harbour Plaza.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have no idea why there are so many negative reviews. The shower was clean, although there was a slight odor from the drain. The toilet worked well and the kitchen was clean. I used the washing machine and dryer, both were working well. If you need a cheap place to stay right near the convention center, this is a great value.

Of course it isn't a 5 star hotel. Don't expect anything special. It wasn't possible to get early check in as the room was still occupied. That is what is advertised on the website. There was only one person at the desk in the morning.

I would stay here again. I had a huge room, separate bedroom, kitchen, living room and dining area. Unbelievable at 135AUD per night.

Internet was expensive, but was usable.

Great value.

Dear Organicjapan,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Seasons Harbour Plaza. I write to express my sincere appreciation for your recent feedback. I appreciate guests who take the time to let us know when we have succeeded!

I am very happy you enjoyed and made use of the facilities we have to offer at the hotel. Also, thank you for your honest feedback regarding the internet rates. This will be taken into consideration.

Thank you once again and your kind words and I will ensure your feedback will be passed on to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at the Seasons Harbour Plaza. Warmest Regards.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Perfectly acceptable for $99. Booked a special on WOTIF for a double room and was upgraded to a premier by the site. Greeted cheerfully by staff upon entry. Room was on Level 15 and therefore quiet and we didn't hear the noise of the city all night. Room had a spa and TV sitting room, fully equipped kitchen. Only faults were the water pressure (non existent) and the quality of the mattress (small obviously being a double, and rolled to the centre).

Room Tip: Level 15 was quiet
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear AusFamily123,

Thank you for staying with at the Seasons Harbour Plaza and for sharing your recent feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read my staff 'Cheerfully Greeted" you on your arrival. I will certainly be praising them for this!

I sincerely apologise for the lack of water pressure you experienced and the mattress size. This should not have been the case and I will investigate what may have gone wrong on this occasion.

Thank you once again for your review and we at the Seasons Harbour Plaza hope to welcome you back in the near future. Warmest Regards.

Yannick Dardenne
Manager at Seasons Harbour Plaza.

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Our group of 7 stayed for 3 nights from 1st August. Group of 3 was moved once and offered to move a second time.
Issues included: (but not an exhaustive list!!!!) staff attitude, unclean room, no dishwasher, too cold ac, no spare blankets/pillows, king single beds pushed together, shower door didn't seal + shower rose pointing out of the door = indoor pool, painting falling off the wall onto a sleeping guest in the middle of the night, door key deactivated during our stay, not advised of $300 holding deposit prior to check in, only one lift worked, mould in bathroom, hand basin unsecured to vanity. Made a complaint to 'management' prior to departing as well as emailing complaint on 4 August, now 23 August and STILL not resolved. Not even apology to the guest that the painting fell on!!! Paid $1750 for 3 nights and 'management' only offering 25% off ONE room for the first night only (approx $50). Save yourself the heartache, plenty of other places to stay!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank BelJayne

Dear BelJayne,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Seasons Harbour Plaza with your group of 7 friends.

I sincerely apologise for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us. All your comments and experiences have been passed on to department Managers concerned for investigation.

I have personally taken the liberty to address your issues and to ensure your experiences are not faced by other travelers. Once again I apolgise for your personal experience at the Seasons Harbour Plaza.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us. Kindest Regards.