Stayed 2 nights over a weekend in May. 1 night paid and 1 night complimentary under Accor membership.
Was disappointed at first sight as the demolition/construction work of the convention centre opposite the hotel make the whole area looks like a pile of mess! The hotel was located above a multi storey carpark. The momemt I stepped in the lobby, I feel differently. It has a cosy lobby. Have had a free upgrade to Deluxe room with a harbour view (partially a construction view). Though the room is tired looking, it is spacious, clean and comfortable. Novotel bed rarely fails. The bathroom is probably the most tired place in the room where some wear and tear were spotted. Water temperature was quite diffcult to adjust. It will suddenly turn scalding hot or freezing cold.
The only downside is there is no complimentary bottled water, bedroom slippers and bathrobes provided. This is the minimum I would expect from Novotel after visiting a couple of hotels under the same group.
Location is convenient if you like an active dining and drinking scene and of course near to several key tourist sites. There are good lunch/dinner set options and happy hours offers hence do walk around the area before deciding. Loved the Saturday fireworks at Darling Harbour. Connected to harbourside shopping mall which is convenient for some late night shopping since they operate until 9pm daily. About 10 minutes walking distance to Fish Market, Chinatown Eat Street and Paddy's Market and of course George Street. Took more than 30minutes to walk to King Cross with our luggages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome and stunning view of Darling Harbour and the city skyline at the Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour, proudly located in one of the world's great waterfront destinations. Connected via undercover walkway to Harbourside Shopping Centre, you can walk right outside our doors to an array of restaurants and clubs along with Sydney's premier attractions. Venture over to Sydney City and Darling Harbour, pay a visit to Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge, get up close and personal with a Koala at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, walk under water at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium or experience world-renowned exhibits at Powerhouse and National Maritime Museums. Modern and comfortable, the hotel provides a variety of facilities and services all for our guests' well being - Business Centre, 24-hour room service, The Ternary - our brand new restaurant offering Asian & Grill Kitchens along with a Wine Bar & Charcuterie and great recreational facilities including swimming pool, gymnasium and an outdoor tennis court. From our convenient and comfortable accommodations to a myriad of free entertainment and festivals in the precinct, embrace the vibrancy of Sydney at Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, ACCOR, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Sydney On Darling Harbour Hotel Sydney
- Novetel Sydney
- Accor Sydney On Darling Harbour
- Sydney Novotel
- Darling Harbour Novotel