Have always wanted to stay here but never found the right occasion. Finally, with a free night to use up on our Advantage Plus membership, and a conference for my husband to attend, we booked in for three nights.
The executive double room which we booked through Advantage Plus was very spacious and comfortable, though much of our "Darling Harbour view" was dominated by the demolition of the Exhibition Centre right outside our window. Not the best, but it kept our toddler amused, who would run to the window each morning to see if the "diggers" were working yet! A small box of chocolates delivered to the door as a welcome gift made up for the view.
At check-in I requested a cot and was surprised to have a proper metal cot wheeled to our door five minutes after arriving at our room. Well-done Novotel for providing a proper cot for the little ones. My husband and I spread out and took a double bed each, which were supremely comfortable as were the pillows (there is also a pillow menu if the ones in the room are not to your liking).
The executive double rooms (two double beds) are very spacious with a slight L-shape, which meant we could sleep our toddler around the corner away from the TV which helped with going to bed. It also provided space for a lounge, work station and small dining table, and a second TV.
We had buffet breakfast each morning - good quality and variety, but expensive, and without the Advantage Plus discount we probably wouldn't have dined there every day. Who eats $35 worth of breakfast?
We dined in the restaurant one night for dinner, and also had room service dinner, both of which were good (including a decent kids menu). There is also a small play area for children in the restaurant which was a nice idea, however it was not well-equipped and there was very little to keep the kids entertained.
The hotel is connected to the Harbourside Shopping Centre by a walkway and ramp which means you are down on the foreshore or amongst the shops of Darling Harbour (with myriad take-away and dining choices) in five minutes.
Parking is expensive and at $45 pd it was no wonder the carpark was half empty. Maybe check out other parking options near by or better still leave the car at home if you can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome and stunning view of Darling Harbour and the city skyline at the Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour, proudly located in one of the world's great waterfront destinations. Connected via undercover walkway to Harbourside Shopping Centre, you can walk right outside our doors to an array of restaurants and clubs along with Sydney's premier attractions. Venture over to Sydney City and Darling Harbour, pay a visit to Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge, get up close and personal with a Koala at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, walk under water at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium or experience world-renowned exhibits at Powerhouse and National Maritime Museums. Modern and comfortable, the hotel provides a variety of facilities and services all for our guests' well being - Business Centre, 24-hour room service, The Ternary - our brand new restaurant offering Asian & Grill Kitchens along with a Wine Bar & Charcuterie and great recreational facilities including swimming pool, gymnasium and an outdoor tennis court. From our convenient and comfortable accommodations to a myriad of free entertainment and festivals in the precinct, embrace the vibrancy of Sydney at Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Accorhotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Sydney On Darling Harbour Hotel Sydney
- Novetel Sydney
- Accor Sydney On Darling Harbour
- Sydney Novotel
- Darling Harbour Novotel