“Average hotel, but great staff”

Ranked #91 of 177 Hotels in Sydney
Brisbane, Australia
“Average hotel, but great staff”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night and found the rooms very average. Many rooms face a highway which is noisy during the day. The room decor was dated and needed up grading but everything was clean. The hotel is handy to central sydney and darling harbour which has great restaurants.

I wouldn't stay here again, more a reflection of the facility, the

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the entertainment centre side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed for three nights en route to a conference in Brisbane and took advantage of never being in Sydney before.
The hotel is "what it is". Rooms are basic but clean. Think "Holiday inn express". The hotel is not cheap but compared to other local ones, is reasonably priced. Location is excellent - just a short walk to Darling Harbour and exactly 5k walk to the Sydney Opera House. The "high speed' internet access is very very poor though.

Room Tip: It gets noisy outside so a higher room is better
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Peter E, General Manager at Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Pmooney,

thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I certainily understand the need for a a higher speed internet service of which we are investigating an upgrade. I appreciate your comments regarding our accommodation and we certainly appreciate the feedback which will help us service all our guests. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and provide you with an appropriate level of accommodation.

Taree
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stay at this hotel every year when I am in town for business. The hotel is very clean, breakfast is good and you can eat at discount with our Accor card at the adjoining hotel. Rooms are on the small side but contain everything needed. Will continue to stay at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Christine.

thank you writing such a positive review and thank you for your loyalty.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour again soon.

Gosford, Australia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed in Sydney for one Friday night . Got an upgrade at no cost up to the seventh floor . Very nice room . Very clean and for looking around Sydney the perfect spot. Right next to the entertainment centre , 2 minutes to china town and right at the beginning of darling harbour perfect . The staff were very polite let us check in at 10 in the morning .great stuff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank david v
Dear David.

Thank you for submitting a positive review of your accommodation experience at Novotel.

I look forward to sharing this with the team and welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed for a few nights for work. About 5 minutes from the water, right near Paddy’s Markets. Let's just say that I'm glad that I stayed there alone - the walls are very thin. It's great to see hotels having healthy options on their menus - and even providing nutrition information on their choices. And the room service at the Novotel was right up my alley in terms of content– lots of healthy, nutritious food. What I ordered wasn’t really up to the standard I expected, though. A smallish pool but it looked good.

Dear Acmelbournegirl.

Thank you for taking the time to submit a commentary on your experience at Novotel. Nice to also hear the menus are more suitable to your needs.

I look forward to your next visit and perhaps the chance for you to experience other aspects of our product and service.

Brisbane
Reviewed March 15, 2013

As an Accor Advantage Plus member you would think that staying at a Novotel Hotel would fulfill all your travel needs. Well think again.
I recently stayed at the Novotel Rockford for 2 nights at some cost ($314 for Saturday night) and Sunday night price was $250.
Upon my arrival I checked in and went to my room to find that the bedlinen was crumpled and looked unchanged?!
I called reception and asked for another room only to be told the hotel was full and room service would come and change my bed linens.
Room service took 90 minutes however I did get my dessert for free after complaining. Overall the quality of the fittings, the condition of the furniture, general dust, scuff marks on walls etc is substandard. ( please see photos attached)
I did write and complain to management who offered me a free night at the same hotel ( My 1st trip to Sydney in 10 years) as compensation. I however wanted one nights accommodation refunded. I believe the Novotel Rockford's photos on the Internet do not represent the poor quality one encounters upon arrival.
I am a very displeased customer and would recommend you stay away!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RobynCBrisbane
Dear Robyn.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I certainily understand the need for a room that should meet expectations and I apologise for that experience did not live to yours or my expectations. I will discuss with my team to ensure we correct these concerns.

We certainly appreciate the feedback which will help us look after all our guests. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and provide you with an appropriate level of accommodation.

Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour

Travelers are raving about these Sydney hotels

Sydney
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have stayed here with a group of friends 3 or 4 times. It's always busy but the hotelis clean and efficient. Restaurant is quite good and being with AdvantagePlus we've dined here a couple of times separately too. Nice menu with good service. At half price it's a great deal too! We have had a few billing glitches in the past however in fairness the staff have always helped sort them out. This stay was definitely our best yet with several staff members going out of their way to make it a really nice experience. I know this kind of attitude doesn't develop accidentally so the management must be congratulated!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Leetripper,

thank you for posting such a positive review. We certainly appreciate the feedback which will be relayed back to the team and we also thank you for your loyalty to both the hotel and Accor.