“front desk people were OK, but the hotel never gave me the reply”

Metro Apartments On Darling Harbour
Ranked #100 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Tokyo, Japan
“front desk people were OK, but the hotel never gave me the reply”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

After sitting the seat of the airplane going back to Japan, I realized that I might have left my iPod in the hotel room. So right after I arrived in Japan, I sent email to the hotel to check my room if there was the iPod. I expected the reply that they found it or not. But I have never received the reply for more than one month, as of today. I guess they might not understand how the hospitality business should be.
フロントデスクの人たちはフレンドリーで問題ありませんでした。しかし、マネジメントに問題があるのでは・・・。帰りの飛行機に乗ってから私の愛用のiPodドが無いことに気付きました。ホテルからタクシーで直接飛行場に来たのでホテルに置き忘れた可能性が大きい。帰国後すぐにホテルにiPodがなかったかどうか調べてほしいというメイルを送りましたが、ひと月以上経った今も返事がありません。お客とのコミュニケーションは客商売の基本なのですが・・・・。

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank 0229Sam
MIR_00, Manager at Metro Apartments On Darling Harbour, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
I do apologies for any inconvenience caused during or after your stay at the apartments.
We have not received an email about a lost ipod, this is why you would not of received a reply.
We reply to all requests via email within 24 hours.
We also don’t any ipods in out lost property.
If you could email me your contact details and information to: sussex@metrohg.com
I do hope that you enjoyed your stay with us though.
私は、どんな不都合がマンションでのご滞在中、または後に引き起こされるための謝罪を行う。
あなたが応答を受信していないでしょうが、なぜ我々は失ったのiPodに関する電子メールを受け取っていない、これは。
私たちは24時間以内に電子メールを介してすべての要求に応答。
また、外に遺失物の任意のiPodをしないでください。
sussex@metrohg.com:あなたがに私にあなたの連絡先の詳細と情報を電子メールで送信することができれば
私はあなたがが私たちとあなたの滞在を楽しんだことを願ってください。

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Indonesian first
Lake Tabourie, Australia
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Fantastic Location!!!! From our room it took about one minute to walk to Darling Harbor. I was travelling with two kids who are quite lazy and i knew they would not be up for walking every where. But we used the mono rail to get around and they had a blast. We went into town did shopping a few days and Powerhouse Museum, Wax Museum,Paddy's Markets, Maritime Museum, Jet Boats and Sydney Eye. Metro Apartment were central to all these locations and kids did not complain once. The view from our room was to die for. Thanks for a fantastic first weekend away for over 20yrs. Will defiantly be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank DA1967
MIR_00, Manager at Metro Apartments On Darling Harbour, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Its true we are in the best location in Sydney, and so close to most of the major attractions and only a short walk to the main shopping area of Sydney and the Free bus that takes you around the city. My staff and I are happy to assist with direction and booking tours to enhance your holiday experience. Hope to see you very soon, winter in Darling Harbour is very special with Vivid festival happening, a light and water show not to mention the Fireworks Every Saturday night.
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stephen, the General Manager is wonderful. So friendly and accommodating. I stay once every year for 4 weeks or so. My room is always immaculate and the house keeping staff are friendly and helpful. Excellent value for money. I must mention the delightful young gentlemen at reception. They work so hard and make every effort to accommodate me. A job well done. I have been staying at the Metro since 2008.

• Stayed February 2013

2 Thank Mcpart
Thank you for taking the time to review the property.
And thank you for your kind words and visiting us for so many years.
I’m sure you have seen so many improvements with the apartments over the years.
We are looking forward to you visit again next year.
Perth
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Access to building is via steps. This is a struggle for people with luggage.
Tired rooms. Mezzanine level could be a struggle for older people.
If you are a younger traveller wanting a cheap room with a good location close to Darling Harbour this is quite adequate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Andrewb1966
MIR_00, Manager at Metro Apartments On Darling Harbour, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property. Our location is very good as you mentioned. Also we do have 12 steep steps leading into the building and myself and my staff are more than happy to assist with luggage, prams or anything else that you are wanting assistance with bringing into the apartments or taking them out. Thank you for mentioning this and that the apartments are a mezzanine level apartment, we do mention this on all our websites but it is also good for everyone to know, the wow factor with this is the 2 story cathedral windows looking out onto Darling Harbour .
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had great expectations about this hotel from the description online. Great views of Darling Harbour, an outdoor balcony and a bed on a mezzanine leve where you could see Darling Harbour from your bed. This was all true, however when we arrived we noticed the faded and dated hotel was in dire need of a refurbishment. As the lift struggled to take us up 2 floors we opened our door to a room that was looking very tired. The balcony was very small and half filled with an air conditioning unit that struggled to work. On a hot January day, a workable unit would have been nice. 3 stars for the view, but less for the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I do apologise for any inconvenience that was caused during your stay. Thank you for mentioning that the apartments have great views. Since your last stay all apartments have new air conditioners and all new beds and all new complete kitchens. Please have a look at our walk through of the apartment on youtube to see the changes. Metro Apartments Darling Harbour Unit 704.
I do hope that you can come back and stay with us soon to see the improvements that have been made.
melbourne, australia
Reviewed April 29, 2013

What a perfect place to stay when in Sydney. I had read reviews about the stairs, and as I was traveling with my 6 month old twins, I wasn't looking forward to them. When we got there, yes there are stairs, 10 of them & the staff go out of their way to help you, but myself & my mum could lift the stroller & bags ourselves. They are just stairs!
The room & the view, WOW! Perfect room with kitchen & all kitchen items you could need. The lounge is great with fold out couch, table & chairs to eat your meal whilst looking out the huge window over looking darling Harbour.
Upstairs was the mezanine floor, with lovely bed, laundry in the bathroom & fully equipped bathroom.
The air con worked a treat & quickly cooled our room.
Walk out the hotel & straight over the road is Darling Harbour, with plenty of restaurants and things to do & see. We walked down into Circular Quay, to the rocks & around the bridge. The location is perfect for those wanting to explore Sydney.
The rooms were spotless, staff were first class & the price for what we got was just perfect. Under $200 for an apartment in the heart of Sydney, wow, what a deal. We will be back

• Stayed March 2013

1 Thank lethal77
Thank you for your review of our apartments.
You made myself and my staff so happy.
We think our property is a true hidden gem
And with all the improvements that have happened it’s just getting better.
Myself and my staff are more than happy to assist with prams or luggage with the steps at the front of the building. We are also happy to assist with directions, tours and other local information. As we are a smaller property we find that we can focus on the guest more, to enhance the guests stay with that personal attention that you miss in larger hotels.
Nipomo
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The location was excellent. We were able to walk to many places we were interested in visiting. The staff was very helpful. The room was a little dated but clean. The washer and dryer were a nice plus.

Room Tip: The room had street noise but a good view. We were on the 4th floor facing Darling Harbour.