“Enjoyable Stay”
Review of Mercure Sydney

Mercure Sydney
Ranked #65 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights for work and holiday. Fast check-in, good concierge, clean rooms and excellent location. The buffet breakfast was good and restaurant staff are very accommodating. The conference catering however needs improvement. Would definitely recommend it !

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I’m glad you could enjoy all of our amenities including our breakfast buffet. We look forward to welcoming you to Mercure Sydney again soon.
Greg Brady, General Manager

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed in Mercure Sydney for one night to catch the last night of Vivid Lights Festival in June. Convenient location, just a steps from the Central Station. The price is reasonable for such good location and for the two beds in the room. We were able to save 'cause we (my aunt, my husband, our 9 month-old baby, and myself) all fit in the room. Although there was not much of space to move around, it was good for an overnight stay. Comes with a 24-hour free wifi, too!

The only thing that disappointed me was the email I received from their Front Office Tea Leader named Corey Marks, saying that my card declined and that I need to provide another card details. This was sent a week after our stay and I didn't even used a credit card! I made online booking a week before using debit card. It was rather annoying to receive such email when you know that you've rightfully paid for it. I hope they would be careful the next time to commit such mistake. I replied to provide proof of payment and bank statement stating that the amount was deducted from my account the time I made the booking. Sad thing is they didn't even update me after they have forwarded my email to their finance dept... An apology would have been nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ricamalapitan
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay here at the Mercure Sydney and you had the possibility to see the Vivid Lights Festival 2014.
Be assured I will share your comments with my team. If you choose our hotel again in the future, we would be happy to ensure that you receive a different experience regarding the payment. Please contact the hotel 02 9217 6666 or h2073@accor.com so that we can speak to you further about your comments.

Regards,
Greg Brady

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We have 2 small children so stress free getaways are important! We arrived yesterday straight into the underground carpark (flat rate $29-bargain!), efficient check in, great room-deluxe room type with 2 double beds plus spacious lounge area with sofa, armchair and desk.
We met friends for drinks in the bar. Kerry (hope spelling correct) was superb and so hospitable with us, our friends and our little ones (making them the best milkshakes!) Margot was lovely also. We then retired to our room and ordered room service from another polite understanding staff member, Laura I think. It arrived promptly and was good and value for money.
The room was very clean with modern decor. we slept well and thought the preferred pillow option was very cool!
Buffet Breakfast the next morning was very good and staff very efficient, observant and friendly again-particularly a young french man.
I took the kids to the indoor heated pool overlooking the city before another efficient experience with reception at checkout. You can leave your car in the carpark until 6pm giving you another day to explore. Great value.
We would opt for the superb family fun package for the next stay which had movies parking and breakfast included from what I read on the website.
Overall a well managed hotel with wonderful, well trained staff and good facilities.
2nd time for us at Accor in Australia after a disappointing stay at a now closed hotel. Thanks to this superb stay-we have signed up for their club.

Room Tip: Family fun offer is amazing value. Corner Deluxe room type great for family.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review on TripAdvisor. It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff was excellent. Be assured that I will share your comments with my team. It was a pleasure having you and your family here with us and we hope to see you again in the future. Greg Brady, General Manager

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple