Mercure Sydney
$230
$171
  • Pool
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$157
$136
Radisson Blu
$180
$134
  • Restaurant
Four Seasons Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$234
$168
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$138
$133
  • Room Service
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$126
InterContinental Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$177
$161
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$180
$127
Agoda.com
$191
$160
5,182 results
All reviewscentral stationdarling harbourgeorge streettwo double bedspillow menuaccor memberpublic transporttop floorconcierge deskbuffet breakfastcity viewpaddy's marketlight railexcellent locationstandard rooman upgrademini bar
Reviewed May 8, 2013

It is so wonderful to be treated like your important when you stay at hotels
The front of house girls are just fantastic, this is not our first stay, nothing is to much trouble. The Mecure should start training othwer staff around Sydney

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Like-Service
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, glad to hear that you value our staff so much. I was pleased to hear that you found our staff to be so helpful and fantastic.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The staff were very accommodating & went out of there way to make my stay enjoyable. I asked for an upgrade & they were able to give me that. Very friendly staff, great location in central Sydney. Good value too

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Jemjuju

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I was pleased to hear that you valued our staff's service provided to you.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the Sydney Mercure on Pitt St. Near Central Station. First of all, our flight from LAX, landed at 6:15am and by the time we got through Customs and caught our shuttle, we got to the hotel at 9am. We thought how nice would be to be able to check in, unpack, clean-up and hit Sydney for a full day of exploring. But we thought it would be too early for them to give us a room. Boy, was I wrong...I walked up to check-in, gave my name and 5 minutes if not less, we were in our room! What a fantastic way to start our holiday! Thank you Mercure! You earned 5 stars just for that! It was like we had an 6 hours that day.

Our room was very nice, had a nice view of the bus depot right below us and downtown Sydney. The room was always clean. The breakfast buffet was excellent. The concierge staff was always very helpful with maps, directions, whatever we needed. I asked one staff where the nearest American Express office and he pulled it up on his PC and showed us on a map. Very friendly staff. Very accommodating! They also have a nice bar on the main floor that offers daily specials.

For my wife and I, we loved the hotel's location. You're about 6 blocks from Darling Harbor; 3 blocks from Chinatown and near, within a few blocks of the free bus line. It's one block from Central Station which access through a tunnel across the street from the hotel and at the front door of the hotel is a bus station. On our second day there, we stepped outside and took the bus to Bondi beach; on our third day we went to Central Station we grabbed the train to the Blue Mountains. Are you with walking distance to Circular Quay? Not really unless you want to walk at least a mile, maybe more. We walked a lot and found the hole to be in a great location for our first visit to Sydney. One hint - as you look at the map of the free bus that runs daily through CBD, realize the map is not to scale. It's actually a much larger area than it looks like. Bring some good walking shoes; buy a bus pass or pay for a taxi and you'll be fine.

Excellent hotel!

Room Tip: Face downtown above the bus depot.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Scubaden

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, glad to hear that you enjoyed our location. I was pleased to hear that you found our rooms to be nice and our buffet excellent.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Mercure Sydney on George Street with my parents and brother who came to visit me. Booking was made through the phone, whom the person signed me up for their accor membership? She was a little pushy with the membership, but since it doesn't cost, it didn't bother me much.

Location of the hotel was terrific. Central station was just a short distance away. There was also some fast food restaurants and convenience store close by. Arrived at the hotel earlier than standard check in time, checking in was simple and pretty fast. Receptionist seems to be on training and provided me with wrong information. The room rate I booked on was prepaid, upon check in, I reconfirmed if it was prepaid, she advised me that it hasn't been paid for yet. However I recalling exchanging emails with the reservations department, who asked me for alternative credit card details because the first one didn't go through. Having told the receptionist about it, she then asked me whom I was contacting with. And then finally having to tell me yes, it was prepaid. It wasn't a big issue, didn't bother me much. That membership I signed up for at point of booking? It wasn't recognised either. I don't see how the membership works also.

Room was a little small for 2 doubles, but not an issue since most of the time we'll be out anyway. The only downside was that the room was a little dark, would be better if the room had better lighting. Everything else in the room as fine. Didn't expect any views, but I did not expect to be facing a brick wall just across the road that looked dirty? I kept my curtains shut the whole time I was in the room. Housekeeping was fast when we requested for dental kits and bedroom slippers to be brought up. Only requested for the room to be made up for 1 day, and it was done well. It was well cleaned, almost spotless. Concierge was really helpful in assisting with the tour bookings that I made. Very thankful for that.

The thing that bothers me most is the knocking and drilling noise I woke up to daily. It was a 5 nights stay, and I got woken up by the knocking and drilling noise every morning. On the last day I finally couldn't take it. I rang up the operator to check if there was any renovation works going on in the hotel (there wasn't any information provided in the room, nor was I informed upon check in.) She then informed me that there are some renovation ongoing on level 8, but since I stayed on level 10, the renovation must be pretty major for me to hear the noises. She then said she'd check and ring me back. after about 3 minutes, someone knocked on my door (despite the sign outside that reads "Do Not Disturb".) I had thought it was the manager to come to understand what kind of noise I was hearing. When i opened the door, a porter stood in front of me with his trolley and asked if I rang up for luggage assistance?! That drove me nuts. First it was the drilling noise, then it was the luggage assistance that I never requested for? I explained to him that all I needed assistance with was to find out where that noise was coming from. He didn't appear to be surprise that I didn't need the assistance also? After what seemed like 10 minutes, I received a call from the operator I spoke with earlier, informing me that the renovation works was on level 9, which explains why I was able to hear it on level 10. There was no apologies at all, from either of them.

I got down to the lobby at about 5 minutes past 11am to check out. The process was fast and easy, staff seemed like he was in a rush, after handing me my invoice, before I stepped away or thank him for everything, he wanted to assist another guest. I only had one last question for him, which I managed to ask. I reconfirmed if on my booking, there was this request for a quiet room, and he said yes.

Having requested for a quiet room, but I was still given a room that I could hear knocking and drilling noise? What made things worst was the fact that I could hear the noise every single morning, sounding like it came from the next room just beside me. Very very disappointing. Surely I would think twice again about staying here. Maybe it was okay for a shorter stay, but if I had another chance, I wouldn't stay with Mercure Sydney on George Street again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank tleeky
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. The hotel is currently undergoing renovations on the rooms and would therefore like to apologize for the noise this was causing. I was obviously very disappointed to read about your experiences. As such I would like to speak to you personally.

If convenient please call the hotel on +61 2 9217 6666 and ask to speak to myself, or email H2073@accor.com and we will contact you to discuss.

Thanks again for your feedback, and look forward to speaking to you soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is quite a nice place, well located for Paddy's Market, Chinatown and Central Station - but lacks atmosphere. However, its price is probably too much for its quality.
Good - decent sized rooms for Sydney and large towels, good sized bathroom (if you like showering in a bath with a pull-across shower curtain), helpful staff.
Poor - room and reading lighting, bed size (the 'queens' were more like doubles, according to my wife), lack of a decent shaving mirror and light (particularly if you have fair hair and fair complexion).
Given the choice available in the area, we'd probably only go back if the price was on a special rate.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RobandMaryJean

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback you have given us and will definitely look into the aspects you found to be lacking.
We hope to welcome you back to Mercure Sydney one day.

Kind regards,