Really disappointed with this hotel.
At check in the clerk just stared at me whilst i was waiting, when I approached he then told me to wait as he was serving someone else. Who the invisible man..... The area was also poorly maintained and not clean, a sequence we would experience again later.
I had booked and prepaid for a standard queen room non smoking. I was allocated a twin room non smoking. When I called down to reception (on a phone in the room that didn't work properly) i was told that there were no non smoking queen rooms left.
So a couple of issues
1) Still smoking in hotel rooms? (that would explain the stench of smoke everywhere)
2) This was booked and pre paid for and as an "advantage +" member, a privilege you have to pay for surely a room upgrade would have been given rather than a downgrade. Not much "advantage" to being a member then.
In other news, the room itself was poorly maintained, the phone didn't work properly (see above) the carpet is now a reddish colour (from sort of a blue grey combo) and needs replacing.
The corridors were filthy with bits of paper all over (and in the same place for several days)
Breakfast didn't start till 06.30 which is a bit of a problem when you leave at 6.30 for work. So I ordered room service breakfast. That was a mistake(!) The omelet was barely edible. The toast not toasted but warm the coffee however was cold.
The only reason why I have stayed is that I have prepaid. If not, I would have booked another hotel and left. In a city with so many hotels, this is very poor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Sydney's convenient location is the perfect place from which to explore Sydney's major attractions, making it the perfect choice when travelling for both business and leisure. Boasting 517 modern contemporary accommodation rooms over 14 floors, these rooms have been designed for guests requiring a combination of convenience and comfort. Unique facilities include 24-hour room service, 24-hour indoor rooftop swimming pool, gym with air-conditioning, sauna, 2 restaurants and secure parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Accor Sydney