“Good for a short stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Sydney

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Mercure Sydney
Ranked #57 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Hobart, Australia
“Good for a short stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We recently stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel was much more modern then I was expecting and is located close to central station and a short walk into the main city center. Very reasonably priced for location and standards of the room. One downside was the pool - we thought we would be able to see out of the window towards the city yet the wall is so high there is no way to see anything like the photo advertised on the site. Another downside is the dodginess at night time, it's a bit of a dark area! Perfect for a short stay! Will defiantly be a place of choice for future trips.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear guest from Hobart,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback with the TripAdvisor Community. I was very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Greg Brady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (547)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Faridabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed in this hotel from 6.6.2012 to 9.6.2012. The location of the hotel is excellent particularly for those who love to do a lot of shopping. There is an Indian Restaurant at Harris Street near to the hotel in the name of "Vrindavan". The hotel also arranged Indian dinner for us at Four Elements Restaurant on level 1. The rooms are very well furnished. House keeping services require a bit of improvement. The high building next to the hotel obstructs sunlight to the hotel. The behaviour of the staff were excellent. The hotel is centrally located.

Room Tip: First see if the room is well ventilated, before occupying the same, if you can.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank DIPAKJI
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear guest from Faridabad,

Thanks for your review. I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us at Mercure Sydney. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our Indian dining options at Four Elements Restaurant. Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on the housekeeping. We strive to provide exceptional service in all areas so your comments in this area are certainly appreciated and will be investigated.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Newcastle, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Our 1 night stay here was awful. We could not find a car park in their carpark, the elevator from the carpark, took forever once we waited approximately 20mins for someone to leave and take their park. We got to our room with all our bags to find the card/key would not work. Back downstairs to get those reset. Upon entering the room was dishevelled. The carpet was raised and lumpy and coming away from the walls. There were 2 double beds even though we specifically booked a queen. Upon calling reception regarding this we were told there was nothing they could do and hung up.

The bathroom had mould spots on the ceiling above the shower and throughout the grouting. The shower curtain (how unhygienic are those things!!) kept 'sticking' to me while showering so had to place it outside the bathtub resulting in water all over the floor. There was also dark coloured hair in the bathtub/shower when we first walked in. Good job cleaners....not!!

I would not let my dog stay here and I don't even have a dog or like dogs!!

STAY AWAY from this place is my best advice!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Muddy_Sweets
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear guest from Newcastle,

Thanks for your review. I was obviously very disappointed to read that your stay at Mercure Sydney did not match your expectations. We are passionate about quality customer service and your experience certainly did not reach our normal high standards. As such it would be very helpful to discuss your stay further. If convenient please call the hotel on 02 9217 6666 and ask to speak to myself, or email H2073@accor.com and we will contact you to discuss.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback and I hope to speak with you soon.

Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights on a business trip in November. The first impression of the lobby was ok, a little dull but functionable. The room was a good size for a hotel in the city, well appointed with flat screen TV, Tea and coffee facilities and the 2 double beds were extremely comfortable. I was suprised that there was no complimentary water, the bottle on the counter had a card stating $6.50 I opened it because I was thirsty after a 26 hour journey to the hotel,,,I think that a complimentary water would be a nice touch. The bathroom was clean, although the drain had a faint smell when you let water away in the wash basin. The toiletries were again adaquate if uninspiring. The breakfast was very good, a large choice of cooked ingredients and continental cold meats/cheeses/fruit etc. All in all this is a good 3 star hotel in a good location at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: A high floor is useful as this is a city location this helps to reduce the noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear guest from Northampton,

Thanks for your review. I was very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay at Mercure Sydney, and found the quality of our breakfast to be very good.

I also thank you for the time you have taken to provide feedback on areas of your stay that could be improved. We strive to continually review and improve the hotel so your review is certainly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

New Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Centrally located and closest to the Central Station. I have been staying here past the last weekend and have a long stay until the 22nd of Dec so almost a month. The staff is friendly, and assisting. Narrating an incident when yesterday evening when I was struggling to get a prepaid Nano SIM for my iPhone 5, Joshua at the concierge stepped forward and volunteered to assist me in cutting a regular size to a one that fits in, in the process got himself nipped by the scissors. Must say great customer service and zeal to assist guests. Awesome guy !! Rooms are great, but small and congested. Though I am on 14th floor, but was disappointed to find that it does not have a great view with building constructions and cranes working in front. I was expecting a room upgrade or one with a better view since I am staying for such a long duration or maybe a complimentary internet service or breakfast. I am returning back again in Jan 2013 for a month so would once again surely stay here. Just anything to make my stay memorable and comfortable would be greatly appreciated. Hope the staff actions my feedback.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the higher floors with a good view. If you need to commute using public transport i...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business