Lowest prices for your stay
$195
Free cancellation until 10/31/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
$195
Hotels.com$195
Travelocity$195
Priceline$195
3,203 results
All reviews state theatre great location market street the executive lounge pitt st mall shopping district high tea valet parking darling harbour queen victoria building the heart of the city room service large bathroom star hotel central location buffet breakfast corner room
Selected filters
Reviewed August 29, 2019

We booked to stay at the hotel using and Accor promotion, so the price was excellent for a club room in Sydney.
The hotel is designed in an art deco style and looks fabulous.

At checkin I was wartmly welcomed and told the rate included breakfast up in the club lounge and in the main restaurant. I queried that as the booking was room only, club lounge included. But assured breakfast would be offered in both venues.

Later I rechecked with another staff and was told, no, the original booking is correct. Brerakfast in club lounge, not downstairs as well. Nothing much, but an indication of things to come.

Each of the three evening the staff member was rushed to get the food and drink into the lounge. I guess there is a supply issue as it was late every evening. But whatever, the guests arrive at the stipulated time and then have to mill about for a quarter of an hour while the staff gets things ready. That looks clumsy and makes people feel uncomfortable. I noticed that the food and drink were put away each evening on time .

Monday morning (19 August) music was playing loudly in the lounge. The lounge is supposed to be a restful place and is advertised as such. I asked the member of staff on duty if she could trun it down. We were the only customers at that stage. She told me that it is centrally controlled and can't be turned down.

Later another member of staff appeared. My partner asked him. He asked teh other member of staff to turn down the music . She quietly walked over to the volume control at teh library shelf and turned it down! Soon a sound technician and a manager appeared to test music levels. They returned a few times during breakfast. 4 staff to turn down a volume control.

The food and drink offerings in the lounge are really good.
The swimming pool and gym are great.
The rooms are wonderful.
The hotel is in an excellent location.

After I returned home, Accor sent a feedback form where you can reply to a person if you wish. I did that. It is to teh Cheif operating officer, Pacific. He wrote back asking which hotel we stayed and offered to forward the feedback.

I got a form reply from the Guest Relations Manager of the hotel telling me that the hotel is proud of delivering 5 star services and will make sure that the staff are well trained and then welcomed my wife and I back to the hotel for another stay.

But I was there with my gay partner. It would be easy to keep the volume low in the lounge and make sure things are done on time. A lot of fuss and little change.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank Philip E
SwissotelSydney_GM, General Manager at Swissotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2019

Dear Philip E,

We do appreciate your time and feedback. We have identified where we can improve in the areas you have suggested. We value your feedback to always improve our service and facilities. On behalf of our team, we do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 28, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for one night after watching an afl game. The room was fantastic and the staff were friendly
Comfy king size bed and spacious bathroom. Close to everything that you could need. Would definitely recommend

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Lorraine Mercuri, General Manager at Swissotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2020

Dear Curious552184,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your appointed room. We look forward to your return.

Kind Regards,
Swissotel Sydney

Reviewed August 28, 2019 via mobile

Having not stayed at this hotel previously we had not particular expectations, but from the time our taxi pulled up out the front everything was superb. As we went to get our luggage from the taxi a staff member came running out to assist with our bags. We were then sent up to reception on level 8 to check in. As we had just got off a cruise ship we arrived at the hotel at about 9.30am, the very helpful staff member was able to get us into a room straight away which was terrific. On entering the room we were very impressed with the size of the room and the quality of all of the amenities. The bathroom was large and even had a full size bath. This hotel seems to make an effort to look after the little things and really take care of its guests. We had coffee in the cafe which was very nice also and can be charged to your room. Overall we were very impressed definitely a yes from us.
Two minor things that visitors and the hotel may want to consider; if like me you have poor vision the lighting in the hallways is quite dim as is the lighting in the rooms. The second thing was the pillows seemed very soft

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank geoff s

Dear Geoff S,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am ecstatic to see that you enjoyed your Swissotel Experience. We hope to welcome you back shortly, and hope that we can make your next show and staycation as magnificent as the first. Looking forward to your return.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2019

Each year my mum, sister and I go to Sydney for a long weekend. This hotel is the only place we stay at in the city. Near the Queen Victoria Building, Westfield, Myers and Dymocks, it is ideally located. The staff are always friendly and accommodating. The rooms are fab - comfy beds and modern facilities. Highly recommended.

1  Thank McGoo8
SwissotelSydney_GM, General Manager at Swissotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2019

Dear McGoo8,

Thank you for taking the time to review Swissôtel Sydney.

I greatly value and appreciate your positive feedback and it will be my pleasure to share your kind compliments with our other team members.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we very much look forward to welcome you and your loved ones soon in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed August 26, 2019

The Swissotel is in an excellent location right in the centre of Sydney. It is in walking distance to all city attractions and access to the rail system immediately over the road. The rooms are modern and well appointed. Breakfast is good as is the service in the restaurant. The only disappointment for us was the receptionist who checked us in and out. She was very abrupt and unfriendly at check in and check out. She really soured the visit for us.

Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank _ragarratt

Dear Ragarratt,

Thank you for taking the time to review Swissôtel Sydney.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed our hotel's location, your appointed room as well as the breakfast at our restaurant; However, I am extremely sorry that your check out experience was not up to your expectations, please accept my sincerest apologies for same.

I would also like to welcome an opportunity to speak with you personally, would you be able to provide with your E-Mail or best contact details so I can reach you? At Swissôtel Sydney, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please be rest assured that I am taking the appropriate measures to address the concern raised by you and to prevent any future occurrences.

I sincerely hope this experience will not deter you from visiting us again and I look forward for the opportunity to welcome you back for a successful experience.

Yours sincerely,