“great place to stay”

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall
Ranked #56 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed 16/1 to 22/1. The staff were friendly and helpful. our one bedroom was on the 26th floor with a view of darling harbour. There was firework on the sat night when we were there and it was great to be able to just watch it from the apt.
The location is great. Central, so near to town hall station and supermarket. We would stay there again when we next visit.

Room Tip: Room 115, level 26
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear jenmanda,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback, so detailed feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our team to be helpful, friendly and that we did go out of our way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I also thank you for your comments on our rooms and location and that you have found Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained.
We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be as enjoyable as the one that you have described above.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is a great hotel. I stayed here for 3 nights with my girlfriend. We had booked the studio room however were upgraded for free to a 1 bedroom apartment and wow, what a apartment. It was huge with everything you could need. It included a well equipped living room with balcony overlooking the city, a very good sized kitchen and breakfast bar, a large double bedroom with balcony and nice sized bathroom with washer and dryer. The apartment was very clean!
We used the swimming pool and sauna on the last night which was great. A really nice way to end a great trip with a bottle of champagne. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family and will stay here again. Thanks so much.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barney S

Dear Barney S,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback, so detailed feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our team to be helpful. I also thank you for your comments on our rooms and location and that you have found Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained. We are glad that your family holiday was such a pleasurable experience.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This apartment was without doubt the best place we stayed throughout our 3 week stay in Australia. Huge apartment with excellent facilities brilliant to sit and watch a film in huge lounge. And the washing and drying facilities were excellent . 2 minute walk to darling harbour , the train station or the excellent bars and restaurants . We didn't want to leave and stayed an extra night. Lovely pool and gym and the staff couldn't do enough for you

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Capobride08,

Thank you so much for your very nice feedback. We are all very happy that your visit to Sydney was such a great experience, also because of our hotel.
I'm also very pleased that you have found our hotel to be so well maintained, comfortable and in a great location.

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Me and a friend stayed hear January 2014. We both found it very clean and tidy. My friend, Jeff is afraid of heights so the staff without hesitation allowed him to sleep in the room next door. With the curtains shut Jeff could get a good nights rest... I can highly recommend this hotel for families.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank captainfreeze

Dear captainfreeze,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable and well positioned and that you have enjoyed your stay. We are glad that your stay at our hotel was so pleasant. I am also really happy that you have found our service to be exceptional. I will certainly pass your comments to all our team members.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

The service was immediately a stand out feature and continued through our 3 night stay.
Sleep quality was excellent and a stark contrast to the last 7 nights in our previous Bondi apartment. The rooms were pleasant and comfortable with TV's in each room and good kitchen facilities. The laundry was great and the bathroom spacious. The shower hot/cold in our apartment was a little difficult to balance requiring minute movements of the tap to produce large swings in temperature. We adjusted to this quickly. We stayed on the 22nd floor and although did not have views of Darling Harbour or Bathurst st, we were happy with the outlook.
The location was fabulous being very close to Darling Harbour, Chinatown and Town Hall train station. A quick train or bus had us at Circular Quay in a few minutes. The Sydney festival in Hyde Park was equally close. (A two minute walk)

Room Tip: The Cafe downstairs also provided excellent food and Service.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Balanced61

Dear Balanced61,

I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged both our team and the facilities in such a nice way. On behalf of the team members, thank you. I know our entire team will be delighted about your feedback and will strive to achieve similar outcomes soon.
I will personally share your comments with all departments. Feedback like yours makes us very proud.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Very happy with this place
I stayed in 5 places over a 4 week period in Australia and this was the best without a shadow of a doubt. Australia is not to good on the service side of things whether it be a hotel, restaurant or bar they just don't seem to care whether you eat/drink/sleep with them or not.
Well this place does, from the moment we walked in to the moment we checked out the staff were friendly, always asked us how our day was and if they could do anything to help. Swimming pool was small but good enough for a hotel in the middle of the city. Nice little sauna to accompany it. The majority of the rooms have a small balcony.
I cannot comment on food as I didn't eat here due to other plans.
Hotel is well located to darling harbour which is a great part of Sydney. From the hotel its about a 20 minute walk to circular quay (opera house & harbour bridge).
I would recommend this place to anyone whether its for business, couples, family or mates on a booze up.
Two staff members that stood out were Jono and maria both of them could not do enough for us so thank you to both of you.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the city ask for one but they are a bit more expensive. If your not too fuss...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Leo135,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay. I'm also very happy to see that our front desk team received such nice recognition for their efforts that positively impacted your stay. I can assure you that this success story will be shared with the team shortly.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

The location of this hotel is perfect if you do not want to venture too far from the CBD. The staff at reception were really friendly and helpful.
We had paid the extra to have a one bedrooom on a higher floor with a balcony. I was not too impressed with the balcony as it was very very small perched precariuosly on the very corner of the building. Other than that the room was well set out and clean when we arrived, the kitchen was well equipped and the decor was fairly modern. Even the knives in the kitchen were sharp which is not always easy to find in apartment hotels. The rooms were quiet other than the usual street noise and view was really nice.
But - The mattresses were hard and uncomfortable and the room cleaning was non existant. The cleaners came in daily and barely pulled the sheets up and changed the towels. (which we did not ask for as we had them hanging on the towel racks) and gave the bathroom basin a very quck wipe over. They emptied the bin under the kitchen sink but did not bother to take the other bags of rubbish right next to the bin provided. They did not even wipe over the glass table in the lounge room. Nothing else was done in the 5 days we were there.I was talking to a woman in the lift and she had been there 10 days and the carpet in her room had not been vacumed once since they had been there. Very poor effort!!!!
If you want to use the washing machine provided buy your own washing powder as the hotel charges to use the small sachet they provide and I think it was like $4.50.

Room Tip: There is a coffe shop attached to the hotel which makes great coffee. Don't pay the extra to ha...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Sue B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the size of the room and the location of our hotel.

Thank you also for your feedback in regards to the housekeeping problems that you have experienced while staying at our hotel. Please be assured that we take presentation of our rooms and public spaces very seriously. Our aim is to see the servicing of the rooms to be of high quality and consistent. We have addressed your concerns with our housekeeping team.
I'm sorry that we have underperformed and as a consequence made your family's stay in Sydney this much less pleasant.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.