“Great Accomodation for Family”

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall
Ranked #51 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Accomodation for Family”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Just a note to share that we had had a great trip in Sydney with great accomodation at Adina - excellent location and great team of staff member in particularly your Jonathan who was always ready to provide extra help and tips to the customers. Facilities like swimming pool and gym are good also. Will definitely consider Adina again when we are back visiting Sydney later.

Lee & Family from Singapore

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Annie Y,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay. I'm also very happy to see that our entire front office team is recognised for their efforts that positively impacted your stay (especially Jonathan). I can assure you that your very nice feedback will be shared among the team shortly.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel again.
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I just wanted to say how wonderful and accommodating your staff were during my recent stay at your premises. I often travel to Sydney and the convenience of a CBD apartment is both comfortable and relaxing.

Please pass on my thanks to your team and keep up the great work. I look forward to staying at your well kept apratments when I travel to Sydney next, cheers.

Con Fourkiotis
State Manager - Health Safety and Wellbeing
Queensland
WESTPAC GROUP

Room Tip: Got to get a view!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Con,

Thank you so much for your very nice feedback. We are all very happy that your visit to Sydney was such a great experience, also because of our hotel.
I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged our team in this way. I will make sure that our entire team will get to celebrate this success. We are very proud and happy. I will personally share your comments with all departments. Feedback like yours makes us all very proud.
We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be as enjoyable as the one that you have described above.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Accra, Ghana
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We booked this hotel as newlyweds honeymooning in Sydney. I based my booking on several positive reviews, and was not disappointed. The location is really a great selling point - just two blocks from Darling Harbour, and a block away from George St. Walking, you can get to Sydney Tower in about ten minutes, and Circular Quay in about twenty minutes.

The rooms were reasonably sized (perhaps not as massive as I have seen in some other countries for this level of accommodation), but very comfortable, and given we were out much of the day, perfectly adequate for our needs.

The rooms have a small sink, kitchen utensils, and tea/coffee facilities. There is a small bar fridge, which is stocked with some rather overpriced drinks, so we brought our own stuff in from outside.

The wi-fi connection was quite strong in the lobby, and I never had any interruptions. I didn't bother using the in-room connection as it wasn't free, so unless you specifically want that, I would stick to the free connection in the lobby. We were also able to use the HDMI cord I brought along to watch our wedding footage on the LED TV that was in the room with no problem.

We took a train from the airport, and found it easy to get to the hotel by stopping at the City Hall stop in downtown Sydney. But returning to the airport, we decided to use the shuttle service arranged by the hotel. I would recommend if you are pressed for time, go direct via train or taxi, as the shuttle made several other stops at other hotels, so don't think the shuttle is exclusive to the hotel chain.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PietroMorrizio
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear PietroMorrizio,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be so comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay. We are glad that your family holiday was such a great fun.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel again.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is the greate place to stay at. Friendly staff welcomed us with a big smile and friendly/very informative chat. The room welcomed us with lots of space, great view on the city, comfy beds and very handy kitchen. I wish we could stay there longer! Short stroll to Darling Harbor and other main Sydney attractions. Morning was a blessing with a hot sauna and swim in the pool, the temperature was just right! I definitely recommend it and I’m already planning my next stay there! Great value for money!!!! Thank you Adina’s/Medina’s staff for making our stay AMAZING!

Room Tip: I loved the view on the city but I had friends staying in the room with a view on the Harbor, so thi...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear STBlonde,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback, so detailed feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our team to be helpful, friendly and that we did respond to your requests in timely fashion to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I also thank you for your comments on our rooms and location and that you have found Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained.

Opotiki
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom premier apartment which we got complimentary upgraded to , from here we could see the beautiful fireworks on a Saturday night and Darling Harbour which was a spectacular view. The hotel has access to everything in the city was great at this amazing location for shopping, divine meals and night walks around the city as we admired it all lighten up. The staff where all very helpful with things to do while we where on holiday and gave us simple directions that helped alot! We didn't want to leave this hotel and we definitely will come back here as we enjoyed it so much , i highly recommend this hotel to anyone going on a trip to Sydney as you cant get any better than the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Robert M,

I'm also very pleased that you have found our hotel to be so well maintained, comfortable and in a great location.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We booked a room and asked for a port-a-cot for our infant. Then we were told we had to pay for an upgrade to our room to fit in the port-a-cot/crib. They advertise their hotel as 'spacious accommodation' except their 'standard room' cannot fit in an infant crib . That of course became our problem and extra revenue for the hotel!

Then there was no hot water and no room service. Which meant a very unhappy 1 year old having a cold shower and no options for dinner but strolling Sydney CBD with a pram!

In the end we had no choice but to move to another hotel with proper facilities.

Still waiting for a return call in relation to my complaint made nearly 2 weeks ago.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Agrita C
Dear Agrita C,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are pleased to see that you have found our hotel to be well positioned, but are sorry to see that you have found our rooms to be small and basic. Generally 1 and 2 bedroom apartments offer more living space, greater range of cooking facilities and/or laundry facilities. Our room and apartment range is well described on our website. The maximum capacity for guests allowed in each of the room and apartment types is also described on websites promoting and selling our products and services.
I'm sorry to read you also experienced a problem with the quality of water temperature while at our hotel. Generally we are very quick in responding to any problems that may occur in our rooms and apartments.
All your comments will be discussed with all our team members to ensure that we will improve our service qualities in the future.
We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be more enjoyable as the one that you have described above.

Den Bosch, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed here for 2 months (work assignment). Initially we were booked into a standard room which faced a brick wall at point blank for 70 percent of the view, which made it rather dim. We then moved to a premium suite (corner room) on the 27th floor which had a stunning view from Darling harbour and the blue mountains in the distance, to townhall and even the heads of the Harbour through the buidlings. The room is a little shabby, hasn't been redecorated in quite a while, but you can't fault the space and the view... The location is also fantastic, just a couple of minutes walk to Townhall station, Coles or Woolworths supermarkets within two blocks, lots of nice restaurants close by. The reception staff were very helpful although I couldn't recommend the room service staff quite so highly - their quality was pretty inconsistent. All in all, a nice place to stay in central Sydney.

Room Tip: Choose a premium room if possible, they are MUCH better.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Alexander_bw,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our team to be helpful, friendly and that your stay was comfortable. I also thank you for your comments on our rooms and its features. We will most certainly take it on board and will try to improve as quickly as possible.