“No free WiFi”

Ranked #50 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Houston, Texas
“No free WiFi”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

So lets start with the bad (not many). "Free" WiFi is limited to 30 minutes each day. That is SHARED among everyone in the room and you have to use it or lose it in one sitting. (i.e. no using 5 minutes here and there, etc.) However there IS a way to get free wifi everyday, but without revealing too much (in case management catches on!) just make your way down to the lobby, look around, and you should figure it out :)

Second knock was some slight cleanliness issues. Now granted Im probably SUPER OC about this sort of stuff, but I noticed some old stains on the comforter when we first walked in. Also, housekeeping does not really "make the room" everyday. They will take out trash and replace towels but thats pretty much it.

Positives: FANTASTIC location. You are 5 minutes from Darling Harbour, 15-20 minutes (depending on your pace) from the Opera House and Harbor Bridge, and 5 minutes from China Town. If you want to avoid having to taxi everywhere to see the major spots you cant beat this location.

Overall, the staff was good to very good. One in particular, Sydney (ironic?) was extremely cordial and helpful during our stay. If you have questions about directions, where to eat, bookings, etc I would definitely go to her.

Not the best hotel Ive ever stayed in, but would still strongly recommend to someone not looking to pay $200 per night and wanting something close to all of the action.

Happy travels!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank texastrojan
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear texastrojan,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay. We have noted your comments regarding internet charges. I wanted to assure you that I will pass your comments on to the internet provider for Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney. I do however apologise for this part of your hotel experience on their behalf.
We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be as enjoyable as the one that you have described above.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I would like to share the most I have been impressed during this stay in this hotel as they have a staff Andy whom delighted my staying experience. I could see he is keeping his excellent services to each of the visitors. I think he should deserve to have an appreciation here. Honestly this hotel is just average at this rate. However his service quality and passion on helping each visitor with his heart making me consider to come back again. The group has to do something to encourage his on-going perfect performance as well as improve the services overall.

• Stayed November 2013
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear ronnyeung,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay. I'm also very happy to see that one of our team members received personal recognition for his efforts that positively impacted your stay. I can assure you that his success story will be shared with him and the rest of the team shortly.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel again.
sydney
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed here for a total of 5 nights room was excellent the cleaners where very helpful and the location was quite good, close to everything as we were here for a buisness trip this was very convenient the only downfall was our initial checkin customer service which was really just rude.
Had a young girl on reception whom when I had asked if there was a balcony she continued to tell me that there was but it was a non smoking hotel instead of leaving it at that she continued saying that there is a fine if I did smoke and that "we can smell it from reception if u do so don't" I then went to my room which was located on the 28th floor feeling like I was attacked for asking a question, I then when down to ask about wifi she said there was wifi but the prices varied and stopped at that so I then asked what the prices were she then reluctantly pulled a folder out flicked through and then threw it on the counter on the appropriate page. This was absolutly disgusting behaviour and obviously needs to leave hospitality with service like that.
She is very luckily im here for buisness purposes otherwise I wouldnt of been so professional about how I reacted with my potential clients staying at this hotel.
its a shame that this indusrty is falling apart with silly young girls like this you can see why.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank dottyb08
Dear dottyb08,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to see that you have experienced such a poor customer service at our hotel. I can assure you this is an exception and one that I will personally investigate. All team members try to achieve the best customer service outcomes at all times. I hope that the rest of your stay at our hotel however was pleasant.
I would very much appreciate further contact if possible, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please contact me directly at the hotel.

nowra
Reviewed November 9, 2013

you need new pillows. need better houeskeeping, sent to wrong floor thank goodness we didn't have our bags. lost power point power for hours getting ready to go out not good your supervisor said she will turn off power for awhile and hope it comes back on. we are on the 21st floor god help us as if this is how you fix problems. no compo for inconvenience. had to ask for tea towel + bin liner. had trouble understanding your front desk people. also 2sheets with a sad looking doona is not a good bed look. will we return NO WAY

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bev s
Dear bev s,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of our hotel.

Thank you also for your feedback in regards to the housekeeping problems that you have experienced while staying at our hotel. Please be assured that we take presentation of our rooms and public spaces very seriously. Our aim is to see the servicing of the rooms to be of high quality and consistent. We have addressed your concerns with our housekeeping team.
I'm sorry that we have underperformed and as a consequence made your family's stay in Sydney this much less pleasant.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 9, 2013

the family stayed , one night in a two bedroom apartment. The main room was large had a tv and ensuite, the second room also had a tv. the lounge room was large and a good sized kitchen. a nice balcony - no views. but a great place to stay and would come back again. located near Cockle bay wharf and other city locations. Clean tidy, helpful and friendly staff. i enjoyed he Sauna and Pool, there is a Gym as well but thats too healthy .... lol

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PJS777
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear PJS777,

Thank you so much for your very nice feedback. We are all very happy that your visit to Sydney was such a great experience, also because of our hotel.
I'm also very pleased that you have found our hotel to be so well maintained, comfortable and in a great location.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The position is ideal for sightseeing Darling Harbour and a short stroll to the CBD. The staff were very attentive and friendly. The rooms were spacious and reasonably well kept. Beds were comfortable. The only small drawback were that the showers could have been a bit cleaner. $35 per night to park our car was a bit expensive. Ask for a high room facing Bathurst St. We had a side room which faced a residential complex

Room Tip: Ask for a high room facing Bathurst Street
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul J
Dear Paul J ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the size of the room, location of our hotel and that you have found our team to be helpful and friendly.

Canada
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed at the Adina in early October, the apartment style suites are huge. We had a two bedroom apartment and it was more than enough space for three adults. It had two bathrooms as well which was nice. The kitchen is fully stocked with cookware but we didn't take advantage. Appreciated the milk in the fridge for tea and coffee. Had a gorgeous view that included Darling Harbour, the Sydney Tour Eye, Town Hall, and practically the entire CBD. My favourite part about the Adina was the location. We were able to walk everywhere including the Royal Botanic Garden, the Sydney Opera House, and the Sydney Tower Eye. Darling Harbour a fantastic food and entertainment hub was less than 15 minutes away. My least favourite bit was the fact you only get 30 minutes of wifi internet access per 24 hours per room in the lobby. 3 guests but only 30 minutes on one device per room. Overall though had a great stay at the Adina on Kent St. and fell absolutely in love with the city of Sydney. Tip: try Chinatown Noodle Restaurant literally around the corner from the Adina on Bathurst st, amazing food for super cheap and really friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank picky_travellin
Dear picky_travellin,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable, well positioned and that you found our team to be helpful.
We have also noted your comment about internet. We will pass it onto relevant department for review. Also, only as recently as two days ago we have introduced a new internet service. All registered guests can now access Wi-Fi internet complimentary for up to 30 minutes in our hotel's lobby. We hope that with this service more guests will be happy to take advantage of our internet programs that we currently have available.
If there was anything that we could assist you with in terms of explaining all room types available at the hotel or its facilities, we will be more than happy to help.