“overall rating is very low”

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall
Ranked #58 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed for eight days, overall rating is very low. Female receptionist is poor attitude, everytime pretending to see,there is no smile on the faces.
but another two Asians receptionist is very polite, each also has greetings,they are friendly and asked to answer, but this hotel room cleaning is poor, 8 days without vacuuming and replacement of bed, every day and No supplement every toilet supplies.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear mimi_smile,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of our hotel.

Thank you also for your feedback in regards to the housekeeping and our team attitude problems that you have experienced while staying at our hotel. Please be assured that we take presentation of our rooms and public spaces very seriously. Our aim is to see the servicing of the rooms to be of high quality and consistent. We have addressed your concerns with our housekeeping team.
Our team is generally receiving positive feedback. I was disappointed to read that you felt some of our team members could do more to satisfy your expectations. We have, as a group, discussed your review and hopefully we will see improvement to our standards soon.
I'm sorry that we have underperformed and as a consequence made your family's stay in Sydney this much less pleasant.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney

Write a ReviewReviews (2,760)

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed here with family recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. The apartment was lovely and well kept. The location was great and close to everything. The view from the top floor apartment was fabulous. The room was serviced every day that we were there which was nice after coming back from a day of sightseeing to a clean kitchen, bathroom and made up bed. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear pbaranova,

Thank you so much for your very nice feedback. We are all very happy that your visit to Sydney was such a great experience, also because of our hotel.
I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged our facilities in such a nice way. On behalf of the team members, thank you. I know our entire team will be delighted about your feedback and will strive to achieve similar outcomes soon.
I will personally share your comments with all departments.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel again.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

It was perfect and exceeded expectations in every way.

My room was spotless, beautiful, big, clean and had more than I could ever need.

Its hard being away from home but made much easier when staying somewhere that can make you feel just as comfortable.

This will be my regular location for all my Sydney travel, especially when the family joins me. There isnt a better place if you've got kids too.

I Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and it was the most comfortable business trip I've had in years.....and there's been many.

I have been trying out apartments instead of hotels lately and found my stays so much less stress.

I hardly ever got to use hotel facilities anyway. I may miss club lounges but usually didn't make it to them anyway. I have gone from a hotel snob only staying in the best 5 star (and still complaining), to being far more comfortable at apartments like this one.....especially this one

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank skmid
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear skmid,

Thank you so much for your truly great feedback! We are all very happy that your visit to Sydney was such a great experience, also because of our hotel. Feedback like yours makes us very proud.
We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be as enjoyable as the one that you have described above.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The staff were very friendly and was offer an upgrade on arrival. The rooms were very clean and the kitchen well equipped also a good laundry although I did not use it. it is in the centre of Sydney very close to Town Hall Station and Darling Harbour. The Apartment was large and comfortable and the bed was good. WiFi a bit pricy at $25. Although on a lower level double glazing kept out most of the city noise. Good pricing for the apartment

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jimbozzzzz
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Jimbozzzzz,

I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged both our team and the facilities in such a nice way. I will personally share your comments with all departments. Feedback like yours makes us very proud.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Adina is a really good hotel at a very convenient location in the heart of Sydney. It's just a few minutes to walk to the Town Hall. We had a very nice room with an amazing view. However, it can get a bit noisy during the night, especially on a weekend. But as long as you are aware of that, it's definitely good value for money!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eva W

Dear Eva W,

I'm also very pleased that you have found our hotel to be so well maintained, comfortable and in a great location.

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

First stay here and I get an upgrade to a 2br apt. Nicely appointed and very clean. Lots of space - could comfortably accommodate family of 4.
Location is very central, opposite Town Hall station making it easy to get around.
That said, my apt had 2 large bedrooms. One suffered from noisy trains rumbling past all night and the other had traffic noise from main road. Not unbearable but enough to impact on good night's sleep. Hotel really needs to double glaze their windows.
Other than this, everything else about apt is great.
My friend stayed in a standard studio room here and said it was really poky and not worth price. Shame really because it's a good hotel in many ways.

• Stayed: September 2013
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Hollytd,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found your stay was comfortable. I also thank you for your comments on our rooms and its features as well as for comments on our hotel's surroundings' . Just wanted to clarify that our hotel is in fact double glazed, however each time windows are open, and as we are right in the middle of the big city, some street noises can be heard.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The apartment was terrific and very reasonably priced, on top of that we were given a complimentary upgrade. The staff could not have been more helpful and went out of their way to be of assistance. The central location of this hotel ensured our mini break to Sydney was top class, we will definitely be having a shopping trip to Sydney again. Oh, and visit the Chef's Gallery for lunch or dinner, located just around the corner in Bathurst St, sensational food!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MelissaLawrence
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear MelissaLawrence,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be so comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay. We are glad that your family holiday was such a great fun. Thank you also for acknowledging in nice words our team members.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us. I will personally pass on and thank for this great feedback to our team members concerned.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel again.