“Clean and great location!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall
Ranked #48 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Melbourne, Australia
“Clean and great location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 4 nights in September in a studio room. The room was small, but it didn't bother us because we weren't going to be spending a lot of time in it anyway! The room however was new, very clean and we had a nice view. The room had a kettle, microwave and mini fridge so we were able to have breakfast in our room everyday before heading out. The staff are lovely, very friendly and allowed us to leave our bags with them as we arrived to early for check in.
It's biggest down fall (which really isn't that big) was the heated pool was not in fact heated. It was broken at the time but it would have been niced to have been told that before hand.

The location was great, we walked everywhere from our hotel; the opera house, the sydney harbour bridge, hyde park etc. If you have doubts about staying here throw your doubts out the window! It's a really nice place to stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear AdventureTime3,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, I will personally pass and thank for this great feedback to our team members concerned. We, as a team, will celebrate this success story shortly.

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend, so close to everything, the room on the 23rd floor was amazing with views of Sydney tower. Staff were very friendly and it has security parking at $30 per night! :) the Adina is a great place to stay!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Jlsjkr,

I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged both our team and the facilities in such a nice way. I will personally share your comments with all departments. Feedback like yours makes us very proud.
We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be as enjoyable as the one that you have described above.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed in Adina's 1-bedroom apartment in Sydney in late May and I must say, the apartment is in an excellent location. Being Muslims, staying close to Chinatown was great as we had no issues getting Halal food. Walk down to Sussex Street and you'll encounter Halal Indo food, or walk to Liverpool Street and you'll get excellent kebab for a reasonable price!

Adina's 1-bedroom is very spacious and has everything you'll need! The kitchen is equipped with stove, toaster, dishwasher, etc. The laundry room is located in the toilet, which is very big! The room has a huge bed and a wardrobe with beautiful floor to ceiling mirrors. The living room and dining area is a perfect place to chill out and watch tv or have your breakfast. The sofa is comfortable enough - I slept there for 4 nights and had no issue! We had a view of Bathurst Street, but we could still see a little of the harbour from our (tiny) balcony. Some downsides - no smoking in the room or balcony, the water heater in the shower is a bit funky (it was either too hot or too cold all the time), the air-con doesn't seem to cool the room down very well, plus they didn't vacuum the carpets or wipe the coffee table.

Adina is located 5-10 minutes from Chinatown, 5-10 minutes from Darling Harbour and 5-10 minutes from QVB. You can also walk to Circular Quay from the apartment (approx. 30 mins walk) or simply take the free bus (#555) to Circular Quay from George Street, which is less than 5 mins walk from the apartment. The staff are extremely friendly and will not hesitate to help if you have any questions or want some tips on where to go.

Would definitely recommend this place to families, or anyone who wants to be in a great location!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear isyamanab,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our team to be helpful, friendly and that your stay was comfortable. I also thank you for your comments on our rooms and its features. We will most certainly take it on board and will try to improve as quickly as possible.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Nice modern renovated apartment close to town hall subway station and plenty of restaurants, shops and other things to do. Short walk to Chinatown, Darling Harbour or the city centre. Would recommend this as a very suitable place for someone looking to explore Sydney by foot/train.

Pros...Was lucky enough to receive a room upgrade and stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment which was of decent size and layout. Room came with washing machine (but oddly no dryer or rack that I could see) and kitchen area with oven/dishwasher etc. The bed seems to be a standard model used in other Adina properties which is medium/firm but more on the firm side. Aircon was digital and worked well in all rooms. Nice selection of basic amenities in the bathroom. Front desk staff were great - including being very understanding when I ended up staying way beyond check out time!

Cons... As with another Adina property I stayed in, the shower is a tiny over the tub setup located within a massive bathroom which strikes me as a shame. No doubt this is a standard design, but it really could be easily bigger. Unfortunately the water pressure is pretty bad in the peak times, but that's not such an uncommon problem. I must admit I haven't stayed in Sydney CBD for a long time, but I found the 10am checkout 2pm checking to be somewhat aggressive.

All in all would stay again if looking for an inner city suite/apartment room at a decent price.

Dear jg161,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney.

Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I wish all hotels in the world were like the Adina Sydney. It's comfortable, modern and has all the amenities one could ask for. It's the perfect place for the business traveler. A block away from Town Hall station and near restaurants. The only one downside would be that there isn't a coffee maker. Only instant coffee is available.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear businesstripsaswell,

I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged both our location and the facilities in such a nice way. On behalf of the team members, thank you. I know our entire team will be delighted about your feedback and will strive to achieve similar outcomes soon.

Geelong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here recently with my parents and 11 month old baby. The best thing about these apartments was the location. It is within walking distance to Darling Harbour and circular quay. It is also very close to a train station and easy to get to and from the airport. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment and found it to be modern, spacious and clean. We were on the 24th floor and had a great view across Sydney CBD. The bedrooms were very modern with TV's in each room but I did find the pillows uncomfortable and the bed slightly hard making it difficult to sleep! The kitchen was well equiped with microwave, cooker, dishwasher and cooking utensils.The staff on reception were friendly and helpful but requests were slow to be followed up on, for example, we had to ask a couple of times for a cot and high chair for the room. There was one day during our stay when housekeeping did not do a very good job, not emptying bins, leaving a cleaning spray in the bathroom (bit dangerous with a baby crawling around!), and not replenishing our supply of shampoo/shower gel and teabags. We had to contact reception regarding this and it took a few hours for someone to come do this. Overall, we had a great stay and would definitely recommend these apartments to family and friends.

Room Tip: It was great to be on a higher floor to get a good view of sydney!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bez38
Dear Bez38,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback, so detailed feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our team to be helpful. I also thank you for your comments on our rooms and location and that you have found Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained. We are glad that your family holiday was such a pleasurable experience.
As for the housekeeping issues, I just wanted to say thank you for letting us know and that we are truly sorry that such items wa left in your room. I can only assure you that I took your comments very seriously and that an appropriate meeting with all team members was held to immediately improve moving forward.

Cowra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were met by Robyn who efficiently checked us in. The room was excellent, although the shower is badly thought out. We also did not appreciate the surcharge on our credit card. We will not return until this surcharging stops. However it was Robyn the friendly personable Canadian at reception that wiped away that one negative. Tatiana on reception should also be mentiones for the same high qualities of efficiency and humour.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear oldhikers,

Thank you so much for your very nice feedback. We are all very happy that your visit to Sydney was such a great experience, also because of our hotel. We are sorry for the surcharge applied to your bill, however it seems this to be an Ausrtalian legislation and standard today to apply surcharges to all credit card transactions. You would find it a case not within hotels in Australia, but also when purchasing airline tickets or similar goods.
I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged both our team and the facilities in such a nice way. On behalf of the team members, thank you. I know our entire team will be delighted about your feedback and will strive to achieve similar outcomes soon.