“Great location”

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall
Ranked #51 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
“Great location”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Great location across the road from town Hall station walking distance to the Cbd and darling harbor with great views of the harbor
Room size was excellent and so was the price rooms had everything you needed and there was 24 hr service from the front desk

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank A11y11A
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear A11y11A,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay.
We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be as enjoyable as the one that you have described above.

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We booked a premier 2-bdrm, 2-bath apartment in advance of our travel plans to Sydney and little did we know it would be on the top 29th floor overlooking Darling Harbour and Sydney! It was the best view possible and we loved it for the eight nights we stayed at Adina (formerly Medina Grand Sydney). The entire staff was wonderful...holding our luggage the 1st day of arrival while our room was being cleaned, delivering items to our room when needed or desired, recommending points of interest, fixing the dryer (which stopped working) in our room the following day (comes with washer/dryer) and making us always feel welcome!
This was our family's first trip to Sydney and for whatever reason, our research led us to choose Adina Apartment Hotel at 511 Kent Street. We will never regret the decision and highly recommend this play of stay to anyone in the future, particularly the premier apartments!

M&M
Chicago (n. surburb), IL

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better and choose a "premier" apartment - you won't regret i...
1 Thank Michael N
Dear Michael N,

Thank you so much for your very nice feedback. We are all very happy that your visit to Sydney was such a great experience, also because of our hotel.
I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged both our team and the facilities in such a nice way. I will personally share your comments with all departments. Feedback like yours makes us very proud.

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel was in the perfect location for my family and I to be able to easily access Darling Harbour, inner city shopping and sightseeing and lots of public transport. We were upgraded to a great large 2 bedroom apartment which was clean, spacious and very comfortable. The kitchen had everything we needed and the reception staff were friendly and helpful. When an issue arose, the duty manager Rosa, was very understanding and resolved our problem to our satisfaction. Thank you so much Rosa...we really appreciated your help and hope you know how much this meant to all of my family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Kate C,

I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged our team member in this way. I will make sure that our entire team will get to celebrate Rosa's success in style. We are very proud and happy for her. I will personally share your comments with all departments. Feedback like yours makes us very proud.

Mandurah, Australia
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed overnight and was upgraded to one bed apartment which was fully equipped. One of the few Sydney hotels that has onsite parking, walking distance to Chinatown and Darling Harbour, close to train station and two stops from Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House. Lots of restaurants, pubs and coffee houses closeby.
Staff were extremely helpful, but check out was an issue with all guests lined up in the small reception area at the one time, had to wait over 20 mins for an elevator that wasn't already full.

Room Tip: We stayed on level 11, heard no street noise however shower drainage and ac struggled
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Maggie B,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your recent stay at the Medina Grand Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be so comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay. We are glad that the "Overnght stay" was such a great fun.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us. Also, I will personally pass on this great feedback to our team members. Feedback like this makes us feel very happy and proud.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel again.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Medina for 7 days, including Christmas day. My family was originally looking for hotels around the main ferry terminal, but I live in Sydney and recommended the area closer to the Medina - it's more lively and has better shopping/restaurant districts. If you want to be in the CBD, this is a great location. If you want a spacious room, this is a good property. But if you want full-service staff, an up-to-date room interior, and nice amenities... look elsewhere.

Our experience with the receptionist upon check-in was pleasant, she mentioned we had an upgraded room with a view of Darling Harbour - which we were excited about. But once we arrived in our room, we had a view of a large building 20 feet away. So we called down and asked if they had made a mistake on our room allocation, but they had simply made a mistake on the comment around the view. So that was a bit disappointing, but not a big deal.

Our remaining experiences with the staff were quite unpleasant. When the floor staff would hop in the elevator with you, you'd at least expect some sort of acknowledgment. But from these guys... nothing. No smile, no 'hello', no 'Happy Holidays'. This was surprising.

On our last day, we wanted to do some boxing day shopping in the morning, and then move to our hotel in Bondi in the afternoon. So I kindly rang the front desk, asking for a 'complimentary' late check-out, which hotels do ALL THE TIME, especially during the Christmas period for 'good faith'. But not the Medina. They were strict with their policy, stating we'd have to pay for even an extra hour. This was simply upsetting.

I was deliberating giving the Medina a 3/5, but because my experiences with the staff, they get a 2.

Room Tip: Request a darling harbour view. The higher the better to avoid the noisy streets below.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear JoelN77,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay at the Medina Grand Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable and well positioned. I also thank you for your comments on our rooms and its features as well as the service. We will most certainly take it on board and will try to improve as quickly as possible. We hope and always try to provide the best customer service as we have always been of the belief that this one thing makes anyone's trip to our hotel this much more special. I am still of the very strong opinion that our team is made of great hospitality employees that are willing to assist at all times. I am sorry to see that on this occasion we have underperformed however.
We would be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and we would certainly endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be as comfortable as possible. I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Oklahoma
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed at the Medina Grand for four nights last week with my family of 6. We had a 3 bedroom apartment, with nice views of downtown Sydney. The accomadations, by Austrailian standards, were very good. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The gym was adequate, and indoor pool was small but nice. Location was good, being a short walk to Darling Harbor and it's attractions, and a doable mile (1.6 kilometer) walk to the Circular Quay/Opera House. Housekeeping was good, and room was clean and spacious. Wifi was only available for a charge in the room, and in the hotel lobbey you could only use once/room for 30 minutes/day at no charge (not good as far as my teens were concerned).

I would recommend staying here as it was one of the better hotels we stayed at in Australia, but by American standards it was a 3 star hotel.

Dear Sham609,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback, so detailed feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our team to be helpful, friendly and that we did go out of our way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I also thank you for your comments on our rooms and location and that you have found Medina Grand Sydney to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained. We have taken your comments on internet into consideration and will certainly pass them on to the relevant department for review.

Concord, Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed two nights on business. Nothing spectacular, in fact it seems there isn't much in Sydney that is.

The place could do with a major refurbishment. Very early ninety's styled bathrooms. Rooms are comfortable enough but for the cost I'd expect a lot more.

There are some great restaurants in the area, and you are kind of between Chinatown and the city centre and right near town hall station.

It's not a bad hotel, it's just that it has no real wow factor, but as stated above, not many Sydney hotels do. You could do a lot worse, but you could probably do better too. Average really sums it up I feel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear asia_short_tripper,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. I am happy to see that you have found our hotel comfortable, well maintained and clean. I have noted your comments regarding the state of the bathrooms and an overall state of the hotel. We are currently undergoing a refurbishment that includes refreshments of bathrooms, upgrade to in-rooms furniture and appliances. I hope the 'wow' factor has now returned to our rooms. Our rooms' and apartments' range is well described on our website. Selection of apartments include premier type apartments that offer stunning city skyline views.
I hope we will see you at our hotel again soon. We will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be enjoyable.
At the same time I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.