Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour
$152
Hilton
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)
$156
$206
$179
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$126
$119
2,310 results
All reviewsdarling harbourgreat locationking st wharfking streetdouble glazingconvenience storefull kitchenwashing machine and dryerrestaurants and barsminute walkeasy accessgood sizegreat roomwynyard stationstayed here for nightswould stay againopera house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We booked 2 bedrooms for 6 nights. When we arrived we found that the children's room was better. They had 2 single beds which equated to a queen sized bed while we had an Australian double, which wasnt even good quality. Further, the children had the 'kitchen' area. This wasnt an ideal setup and to their credit the manager moved us - an upgrade. So, my husband and I moved to a lower floor and the girls stayed put. During the night a heavy picture fell off the wall onto my younger daughter's bed - fortunately she wasnt hurt. My older daughter slept on the couch - bed too old to support her. Again, the management listened and acted. The girls were moved to a room next to ours - and we all settled well. On check out we were billed for an inhouse movie which we didnt watch. Again, they accepted our word and it was removed from the bill.

So, the moral of the tale is Medina was found wanting in some areas and it responded professionally and appropriately.

Great location. Close to 711 Supermarket; ferry, monorail, restaurants etc.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I stay in this Hotel as it is one of only 4 on my companies list, that we must choose from.
I use a One-bed Apartment. The units are spacious, which I like when I have to work,, and are well located at King St Wharf. Breakfasts in the "Lime" are really good.
The downsides are :- the cheap furniture and fittings, and awful bed; absolutely Zero room service; almost complete lack of customer service; complimentary newspapers delivered well after normal business people leave for work; very restricted (for Sydney) television programme choice; dirty furniture, especially couches; and don't believe it when they advertise the availability of Qantas Frequent Flyer points.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2009

This provides a great, spacious alternative to the traditional hotel room option, Our room was very clean and the windows offered excellent sound proofing from the busy roads outside. Convenience shops are also nearby as well as an array of restaurants etc. and the Sydney Convention Centre We also think it represented good value for money at 150$AU per night in August 2009, though deals are cheaper through wofit.com than with the hotel directly.

Niggle would be about the fact that one of the receptionists entered our room while my partner was home, apparently to 'show' another couple what the room looked like. He apparently thought the room was empty but this gave my partner a real fright. I know this was probably an honest mistake but the reception team really should know which rooms are occupied. They are no security chains/privacy locks on the door either to prevent this kind of thing happening.

In addition, room service seems a bit over zealous. If you put the do not disturb sign on the door, they call you to ask if you need anything. I know this is probably well meaning, but when your body is still in a European time zone the last thing you need it being wakened despite a DND sign.

Besides these relatively minor niggles, I would definitely consider Medina Grand Harbourside if I was visiting Sydney again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank lbo80
Reviewed August 25, 2009

great hotel, fabulous location in Darling harbour, perfect for being a tourist. Easy access to all the harbour attractions, shops and restaurants within easy walk, Aquarium virtually next door . Hotel was good, room comfortable and clean. Fairly expensive but everything in Sydney is!. Over all good place to base yourself from to enjoy the harbour and all it has to offer.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JanKel3
Reviewed July 26, 2009

The staff was always smiling and incredibly helpful. A morning paper was delivered every morning. Our room was cleaned every day. We chose a room with a kitchen, which was fully equipped for cooking on the stove top, in the oven, microwave. Dishwasher and washing machine/dryer was also in room. The furniture was in great condition. The balcony had lounge chairs and a table w/chairs for eating, card playing & relaxing. We didn't swim, but the pool was very clean and warm. It is in an excellent location - we enjoyed our morning walks across the bridge into the CBD and other sites; or we stayed on the Harbourside and enjoyed the restaurants, aquarium, Star City, etc. If I ever return to Australia, I will book here again!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple