“awesome location”

Ranked #30 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Auckland, New Zealand
“awesome location”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed last 23rd Dec for 8 nights on the 4th level. We were given a corner room and the view was awesome. The three of us were given 3 single bed each which was really good.
Price was good for the Darling Harbour location however it's at least 15 min walk to the CBD shopping and supermarket. Front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Pick a corner room on a high floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
MGHS, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Dear Thegangs
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your recent stay at Medina Grand Harbourside. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location and that you found the team to be very pleasant and helpful.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Grand Harbourside sometime in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Turkish first
Hamilton & Waikato Region, New Zealand
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Absolutely appalling. Booked a "Premium Studio" and received a room overlooking the Aquariums rubbish bins. Fabulous view...NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The room was filthy, no surface had been cleaned, fingermarks over every cupboard and dirty linen. I was also put next to the one lift that worked. Room was extremely noisy so 2 hours sleep max. Bed was the worst I had slept in over my entire holiday.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Ishkaa
MGHS, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Dear Ishkaa,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide your feedback.

I am very sorry to read that your stay with us was not the positive experience that we hope all of our guests have. In regards to the points you have raised in relation to the cleanliness of the room, please be assured that I have I have addressed your concerns with the housekeeping team to improve our overall guest experience.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy the outlook of your room; we do have different room types and outlooks which we do clearly advise on all our websites.

In relation to the noise, we do have double glazing in all our rooms which we normally receive excellent feedback about. We normally also receive positive feedback about the comfort of our beds, as they are only one year old, however I am sorry that it was not to your preference.

Ishkaa, Thank you again for sharing your feedback, I want to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Pewsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We are not city people, but having gone to Australia for the 3rd time we thought we ought to see Sydney. The Medina was a very good choice, well located for transport access - we used the ferries and the monorail to name but 2. Our suite had good facilities - including washing machine and a useful kitchenette. Shopping for groceries was a little limited but the local "convenience store" was OK.

If you want quality accommodation with slightly more ability to “do it yourself” than a standard hotel this is a very good option.

Sydney Aquarium next door too!

Room Tip: Ask to overlook Darling harbour - we didn't!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PMQuestions
MGHS, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
Dear the_mcguigans,
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments about your recent stay at Medina Grand Harbourside. I was delighted to read that you found Medina Grand Harbourside was a good choice for your visit to Sydney. I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and facilities the room has to offer. While we do have a convenience store located on the same block, there is a Cole’s supermarket on the corner of George and King Street which is an 8 minute walk from the hotel.
We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Medina Grand Harbourside sometime in the future.
Katherine, Australia
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The room was small and a bit pokey. It had a comfortable KS bed, with crisp linen. A small desk had a flat screen TV & power points to charge appliances. A large mirrored wardrobe overlooked the bed. A glass sliding door opened onto a private balcony. The room had air conditioning. The small kitchen alcove near the front door had a food & drinks mini bar, bar fridge and a small selection of cutlery & crockery. The large spacious bathroom had the toilet, basin with long counter and large shower recess. Plenty of white fluffy towels and range of toiletries are on supply. The water temperature and pressure were great.

I had full Next G mobile phone and internet reception. I am not sure of the cost of wifi cost or laundry service. Room service is offered & delicious – from the lobby restaurant. The best thing about the place is the location: walking distance to Darling Harbour’s bars cafes & restaurants, the Sydney Aquarium, museums, cinemas and so many other tourist attractions. And if you are driving, there is secure undercover parking at a fee.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank aussie_shark_girl
Dear aussie_shark_girl,

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments about your recent stay at Medina Grand Harbourside. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay along with the location of the hotel.
I’m sorry you found the standard studio a bit small and pokey; we do have a number of different room types which offer more room and facilities.
ballarat
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Spent six nights at medinda February 2012. Arrived early and was able to leave luggage withh receception, all paperwork for checkin done then also. Stayed in one bedroom apartment cityview, balcony was not very well maintained ,cobwebs all over the outside walls, dirty table and chairs. Inside complementary milk was four days out of date, kitchen bench on louge side was filthy with old liquid runs . Hair dryer did not work, but to their credit as soon as told about hairdryer a new one was installed when we got back . On up side great location , and noise level low as double glazing. Overall very disappointed when consider cost

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
MGHS, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this review, February 12, 2012
Dear TravellerBallarat,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide your feedback. We are pleased to see that you have found our hotel to be well positioned, but are sorry to read that you have found that the standard of cleanliness was not to the standards we strive to achieve.

I will pass your comments on to the relevant departments to ensure a high quality is maintained. I would like to apologise for this part of your hotel experience.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Medina Grand Harbourside in the future, where we will endeavor to ensure that your next visit will be more enjoyable than the one that you have described above.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback, any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Sydney
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Get this! I live one mile away from the Medina Grand Harbourside in Sydney (across the water) - but needed an apartment for the night so my two kids and I could crash after the evening theatre. We lobbed straight off the ferry at Darling Harbour around 4pm - and the reception and room introduction was flawless. The booking was all in order and room spacious, airy and quiet.

The pool, gym and sauna are all good. We were there in January (high summer) and had a peaceful and refreshing swim. I think the pool would be chilly in winter, although it cleverly faces north (whether by design or accident) and is sheltered so would get great sun out of season.

Brought some ingredients for supper and breakfast so was able to cook up meals in the kitchen. Everything you'd need in terms of utensils. Thought about dining out for dinner (Saturday) but most Darling Harbour eateries are tourist traps. Ended up at The Star (casino) food hall. Flying Fish knocked up excellent seafood amidst the laminated tables. Feels like you're eating in a hospital corridor. Not to worry. Great food, reasonable price. Kids and I te every morsel. Saw the show at the Lyric theatre. Walked back to the Medina Grand in ten minutes. Slept like babies. Beds comfortable, air conditioning perfect, rooms quiet.

Checked out Sunday with a minimum of fuss.

If you can land a one-bedroom apartment here for $200-$300 for three people (which we did) then it is really good value compared to a hotel room without a kitchen. Central, clean but a little knocked about (what apartment isn't?). I would stay here again and recommend that my friends do the same.

Room Tip: First floor have no real view, but are quiet - especially at the western side facing Darling Harbour...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TranquilSydney
Dear TranquilSydney,

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments about your recent stay at Medina Grand Harbourside. I was pleased that you enjoyed the facilities our one bedroom apartments have to offer, along with the location of the hotel.
I hope to welcome you back to Medina Grand Harbourside sometime in the future.

Lake Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We visit and stay in Sydney often ,this was our first time at the Medina Grand.We stayed 2 nights in January and can't wait to come back. We love Darling Harbour and had the best time,there is so much to see and do within walking distance of the hotel. We were up graded, without asking, to a room with fantastic views. The lovely young lady at check-in could not have given us a warmer welcome and been more helpful. Not the flashiest hotel in town but excellent value and service. See you again soon:-)

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony on the Harbour side, the higher the better,for the views and you may even...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank faimacc
Dear Faimacc,

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments about your recent stay at Medina Grand Harbourside. I was delighted to read that Medina Grand Harbourside is your new favourite. I am pleased that we were able to offer you an upgrade due to availability and that you enjoyed the location of the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future