“Nothing Executive About This - Don't bother”

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Central
Ranked #52 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights in 2 bed apartment. Thankfully visited and stayed with friends for 1 night away from the place. Travelled around Australia and this was the worst. Rooms could do with a good upgrade. Patched up doors and walls, a stained toilet pan, 2 over bath showers completely outdated, no complimentaries not even for the first night - charged for everything in the room and at extortionate prices and the pillows OMG they were like Slabs of concrete!! Had to go out and buy 4 pillows so we could get some sleep. And what's the glassed off area called a bedroom all about?! The furniture was the most uncomfortable I have ever sat on and it was grubby. The windows were welded shut and handles missing. No wifi in the room and an extortionate price to use it - they do offer half an hour in the public area but if you close it down after 5 mins by mistake that's it you can't log back in until the next day!!!! Time they caught up with others on this one. Just thankful we were out most of the day so we didn't have to spend too much time there. The city was pretty full otherwise I would have moved on. The only decent thing about this place was the public area and the fact it is quite close to everything.

Room Tip: Don't bother staying here at all
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank CillaSister
MedinaSydCentral, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear CillaSister,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Central.

I'm sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. If you find the time could you please email (sydneycentral@adinahotels.com.au) me the apartment number you were staying in so I can investigate the room.
In regards to the pillows, we do have Feather pillows available on site and my team would have been more than happy to supply them to you. The windows in the property are Heritage Listed so we are unable to alter their appearance, the property itself has been around since 1915.
All rooms in the property have Wifi which is an outsourced serviced and therefore we are able to offer rates that are made available to us by the provider.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Regards,

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,613)

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Our room was good size, larger than many hotel rooms in the city and quite well appointed with a bar fridge, sink, cutlery etc. Bed was comfortable but a bit cramped for space on one side being too close to the wall. We just moved the bedside table to get adequate space. The bathroom was a bit tired but well functioning.

Its in a great location with a major bus terminal right outside the door and the main Sydney train station two minutes walk. Taxis were plentiful. Despite all this activity we hardly heard any noise in our room. Good night's sleep!!! If you have your car, parking is available on site for $30.

Nearby restaurants will deliver to the rooms and a Breakfast pack can be purchased at reception. My recommendation for Breakfast or Dinner is one of the many nearby restaurants or cafes.

Excellent location when visiting sydney, we'll be back.

2  Thank Stevejomac

Dear Stevejomac,

The team at Adina Apartment Hotel are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Central and thank you for taking the time to provide us with great feedback.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Me and my partner stayed at the Medina for a week of the New Year.

Firstly, the staff were very rude! We had no help with our bags and were just given a key for the lift which was not programmed correctly.

Secondly, the apartment room that we stayed in was very run down ... the windown handles were all broken off, the paint was faded and there dishwasher was leaking (when we told reception about this they just put a towel down which made the room smell damp).

Thirdly, we checked out 3rd January and have still not received our $100 bond back. I contacted the hotel on several occasions and spoke to the manager who informed me he could not do anything and hung up twice! I then spoke to another manager (4th time on the phone to the hotel), who apologised but also informed me that he could not do anything and the matter was with the bank. I checked with my bank and they informed me the hotel have to contact their relationship manager who will sort this out .... this is still going on so we will seem!

I would never recommend this hotel, in fact if you would like to stay in a nice, friendly hotel do not stay here!

The only one good thing about the hotel was the location ... but 1 good against 10 bad is not worth it. I am very diappointed that I have to write a review like this as I like to give great reviews when they have been earnt.

Medina .... Or Adina as you are now known you need to sort these issues out!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay there
3  Thank Very D

Dear Very D,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Central.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.
I have noted your comments in regards to the service at the hotel and wanted to assure you that this feedback has been passed onto the relevant department for review.

In regards to the credit card pre authorisation of $100 I am sorry to read that the temporary authorisation on the card took a while to clear from your banks system. I am pleased to hear though, that this issue has been resolved.

Please let me know when you are back in town as I would like to welcome you back to the hotel and to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay.

Regards,

Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I attended the KFC T20 Australia Day cricket last night and had just the nicest, central accommodation at the Medina. We arrived at Central Station and walked across the road to our hotel. how easy was that?! We were early and our room was not quite ready so stored our bags and went for a stroll through The Hay Markets and received a phone call when our room was available. On return we found our bags in our room with a complimentary bottle of champagne. We were starting to feel like royalty! And we had a spacious 1 bedroom apartment!! We had a most comfortable stay and felt very special. A BIG thank you to the manager and staff :)

Room Tip: Choose the 1 bedroom apartment
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
MedinaSydCentral, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Maths,

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here in March 2012 & will be returning again soon. I found from the moment I made the booking, the service was quick & frindly with Q's answered willingly. When I arrived we were greated quickly & again with friendliness & directed to carparking.

I must say that when I arrived & saw the location I thought that it would be a noisy place to stay but once inside those fears were alayed. The room was very quiet. We stayed in a one BR apartment @ the back of the hotel & would have to say they were clean & everything was in working order.

I'm looking forward to my return visit & this time am tryng out the 1BR loft apartments.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Dear WantTOTravelM0re,

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed here in January for a one night stay to see a concert at the Entertainment Centre which is a 10 min stroll away. I was surprised to have such a spacious apartment with kitchen, full size fridge and lounge area considering the $150 a night price. My room was on the fifth floor and faced Lee St and was quiet. Air con seemed more than adequate, although the night was not overly hot. Easy access to Central Station and a 10-15 min walk to Darling Harbour. The only downside was the shower which almost required a step to get in and out, and I'm no shorty! Overall very good and I will be back if I want to stay in that area of town.

1  Thank momo111

Dear momo111,

Reviewed January 17, 2013

the location is excellent....bang opposite the CENTRAL station. It is around 20-25 minute walk to DARLING harbour and the worst part is that there is no BUS or train from Central station to Darling Harbour. You can train the Monorail but it would cost you extra since travel in monorail is not included in the weekly passes.

The apartment is a bit small in size

Room Tip: the rooms are small...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family