“Tidy and Friendly”

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Central
Ranked #43 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We did stay for 4 nights and our rooms were good. An issue when we got there was 2 rooms we got one of them was to sleep 3 adults but had only a double bed. Reception were at that stage a little average but got a foldaway sent up for an adult ?After that they were good . Some other guests were messy around the pool area . Location wise was fantastic for trains and walking to markets etc. Would recommend to others.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank michael m
MedinaSydCentral, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Central, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Michael m,

The team at Medina Hotel are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at Medina Executive Sydney Central and thank you for taking the time to provide us with great feedback.

I do apologies about the bedding issues that you experienced during the beginning your stay.

There are newer reviews for Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Central

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel is located in a really handy, central location. Check in was a breeze and I was pleasantly suprised to find a hand written note welcoming me to the hotel. As a serviced appartment format, it had a fridge, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine etc, although as I was only there for a night, they were superfluous. Either way it's a well appointed room. The only downside was the bed, which came across as well used, possibly by elephants.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank KerrboxAU

Dear KerrboxAU,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your recent stay at the Medina Executive Sydney Central.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and that you found the team friendly.

We will be starting a number of projects at the property this year which will include the bedrooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Executive Sydney Central in the future.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Tidy budget hotel. Friendly staff at the counter. The only problem I had was that the air con was extremely noisy and relatively ineffective. The location is great if you are coming by train from the airport as it is literally right outside the train station. I didn't hear any trains during my stay which was a relief.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrew E
MedinaSydCentral, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Central, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Andrew E,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Medina Executive Sydney Central.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel.

I'm sorry to read that your Air Conditioning was not working to your satisfaction - I wanted to advise you that we are currently in the process of monthly maintenance on our system. If you find the time could you please email (mesc@medina.com.au) me the apartment number you were staying in so I can place that room on the next monthly service.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stay 6 might during Biz trip(2011 AUG)
Pros:
1. Perfect location in CBD.
2. Huge room equipped with everything, even laundry machine.
3. Separated bedroom and living room.
4. Cooking facilities are all available in the room.
5. VERY GREAT service with 24 hrs smile

Cons:
NOTHING

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank AnthonyLIAO

Dear AnthonyLIAO,

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Convenient - close to railway, light rail and busses. But, needs some work. If you need a walk-in shower, there are a couple, but you have to ask when you book. I did ask, but didn't get. Very deep bath and difficult to use. Light bulbs in en-suite were dead - but nobody came to fix that, even though I organised for it to happen. Stuffy room if you don't have the air on, noisy if you do. Very hefty credit card charge. I was told I would have to pay in advance or they would charge more - is that really legal? Would use again, but probably only because it is handy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear novatotiv,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.
I have noted your comment in regards to room maintenance at the hotel and wanted to assure you that this feedback has been passed onto the relevant department for review.

In regards to the credit card charge I am unsure why you would think we would charge you more? The only situation that comes to mind where advance payment is required is with online discounted specials. The terms and conditions stipulate that the online discounted offer requires full prepayment at the time of booking. Alternatively, our Best Available Rates offered (not a discounted special offer) are payable upon arrival.

Any feedback is of the highest value to us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel as I would like to learn more about your stay.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Very good value if you can get a 1 bedroom apartment for AUD $210.00/night. Great location next to the main bus station, Central Station, George St., China Town, etc. Staff of the hotel were very helpful and the building is very nicely restored, quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: Asl for the one bedroom apartment(for a single person or couple). I had a end of hall suite, room 15...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bcrawf2000
MedinaSydCentral, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Central, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear bcrawf2000,

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The property was well located and the standard reasonable. the service from the check in staff bordered on the rude and arrogant and was not what one expected in a four star property. The check in process was complicated and the assistant rude. the porter was chatting and unwilling to help.

I reported no milk in room and it was provided but with some suspicion that we were kidding them.
Unlikely to return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Darwintravellor,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay at Medina Executive Sydney Central.

I'm sorry to read that your stay with us was not up to your satisfaction. I have spoken to the appropriate departments in regards to your feedback and can assure you that all guest service issues have been addressed.

Please let me know when you are back in town as I would like to welcome you back to the hotel and to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay.