“perfect location!”

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Central
Ranked #46 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed November 21, 2011

when I book the room, I was looking for hotels near Haymerket, what I didnt realise it was also very near to the subways. I book 2 room apartment style because I am travelling with my family. it was very spacious. we can see the city from the room it is very easy to go to all the city attractions (easy to go to Sydney Harbour from the subway station).

very helpful staffs, clean rooms, we thoroughly enjoy our stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Yantz
MedinaSydCentral, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Central, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Dear Yantz,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Medina Executive Sydney Central. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and found our rooms to your liking. Thank you also for your comments in regards to the service I will make sure this is passed onto our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Executive Sydney Central in the future.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,534)

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Minutes walk to Central station and across the street from Railway Square Bus Station makes this location ideal for getting around Sydney.

Staff were polite and courteous, our apartment was all we could have wished for, clean, spacious and comfortable with all the amenities we needed.

Air conditioning kept the interior temperature great in spite of the unusually high heat outside.

Would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear WoodyNZ,

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Thee omens were not good when the reception staff greeted us with an aggressive "YES" - she seemed to have missed the training day on how to welcome guests (i.e. Good evening, how may I help you?). The room was small and did not match the description - it was supposed to have a kitchenette (i.e. a small kitchen) but this must have been at the molecular level as it was invisible to the human eye. As others have pointed out, the air conditioning did not work - in fact staff had to awaken adjacent room guiests to geta ccess to control panels to try to ectify the situation but to no avail. In the end, they provided a fan.

The room was small and cramped.

Not recommended unless all other hotels full. There is a Mercure close by.

Room Tip: Ask if the a/c is working. Check size of room
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KJR21
MedinaSydCentral, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Dear KJR21,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your recent stay at the Medina Executive Sydney Central.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.
I would like to apologise for the poor service you received during your encounter with the front desk. I can assure you that this level of service was a one off. Also, I would like to apologise for not being able to meet your expectations with our rooms and services at the hotel.

Any feedback is of the highest value to us, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Medina Executive Sydney Central in the near future.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

Stayed for two nights in November 2011. First experience when entering the hotel was to be greeted by an indifferent receptionist. My one bedroom apartment that promised ‘views of Sydney cityscape (George Street and Henry Dean Plaza )’ actually had a view of a brick wall (photos available). A small veranda with a very small table and 2 chairs and a view of a brick wall - very disappointing if a tourist.
The restaurant was closed so no meals or breakfast available and when I asked why this was not stated on booking I was advised it had been closed for three months for renovations.
The WiFi and cable internet was not working. There were 13 steep stairs to the bedroom and the shower was over the bath that was itself quite small. Would not recommend for anyone with any type of limitation to mobility.
The bed was low and the mattress was of a lower quality compared to similar priced hotels I have stayed at in Sydney. There were two pillows and two bolster cushions on the bed when I arrived. I requested two additional pillow which did arrive in 5 minutes. There were numerous stains on the bedroom carpet that appeared unsavoury and scuff marks on the bedroom tables and walls.
The air conditioner was quite noisy.
On the positives. I did not use all the amenities but the washing machine and dryer located in the bathroom appeared to be in very good condition. The small kitchen had a number of pans and cooking implements, a microwave and a dishwasher which also appeared in good condition. A lot of space in the room but little substance. I would never go back as too many quality hotels in Sydney to choose from.

Room Tip: Not at this hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank George S
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Overpriced dodgy contintal breakfast packs, poor basic maintenance of rooms made up for by the convenient location.
If you don't need the convenience of the train station, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2011
MedinaSydCentral, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Central, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2011

Dear Beerstud6,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.
I have noted all your comments in regards to breakfast packs and maintenance at the hotel and wanted to assure you that this feedback will get passed onto the relevant department for review.

Any feedback is of the highest value to us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel as I would like to learn more about your stay.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Location fantastic,but I was disappointed with the room. The windows were permmantly closed and the air conditioning didn't work that well. Considering it was a four star hotel I was expecting a little bit better.

Room Tip: Check to make sure air con works before taking the room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Tui08,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel.

I'm sorry to hear that your Air Conditioning was not working to your satisfaction - I wanted to advise you that we are currently in the process of monthly maintenance on our system.

On your next stay please request a room with opening windows as we do have a few onsite and if we have them available during your stay we would be more than happy to accommodate you in one.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Stayed in one of the loft rooms, and had a great view, lots of light and a spacious room.
Though the noise carried through the room due to open mezzanine layout for the upstairs bedroom, it was nice to have the high ceilings for a sense of space in front of the mezzanine section.

Pool was perfect for a few laps or a splash with a child - surrounded by nice greenery too.

If staying in a loft room, some of them have effectively a brick wall in front of the downstairs window/balcony (part of the ornate facade). Something I wasn't keen on, but was easily swapped to another room by the friendly staff.

And when the clothes dryer wouldn't work they were able to repair it by putting a new drive belt in themselves really quickly - impressed!

A good cafe around the back of the building called Coffee Trails was a decent spot for brekky & they had decent bread for sale too. Haymarket restaurants are right at your doorstep so a huge array to choose from.

A tip in the same spot around the back of the building is a direct entry to central station.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family