Medina Classic Martin Place is a hidden gem. The entrance via the alley that is Hosking Place is a precursor of things to come - quirky, surreal, are words that come to mind. Albeit I did feel apprehensive about arriving to the hotel after reading some reviews on tripadvisor, I felt a sense of comfort that the hotel is not a 7 star luxury hotel, but a simple serviced apartment complex with polite staff and clean rooms and facilities.
I stayed here for five nights for work and for leisure. Yes, the rubbish trucks are very loud and yes, they do visit frequently, but the doors and windows give enough insulation from the sounds eminating from the alley.
The room was decent with all the facilities that you'd need if you want to relax in your apartment and cook for the evening. The bathroom is large with an odd shower facility reminding me of a child-sized bathing pool.
The apartment building is close-by to all high street shopping, walking distance to The Rocks, Chinatown and Darling Harbour. Fantastic location.
I'd recommend to those who would like to stay at a simple apartment with close promiximity to the beauty and style that Sydney has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartment Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Toga Hotels, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Medina Serviced Apartments Martin Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Medina Classic Martin Place Hotel Sydney
- Medina Classic Martin Place Sydney