Stayed here for five nights on business, as it was pre-paid I was not aware of the room rate. It's not actually located in Martin Place, but in a small laneway ( Hosking Place ) next to Martin Place but the end of the laneway exits onto Pitt Street
My room was on the 5th floor and had a well equipped kitchen with microwave, toaster ,full size fridge, crockery & cutlery as well as laundry with washing machine & dryer. Separate sitting room with table and lounge and bedroom with large double bed including in room safe operated by room swipe card.
Swipe card also used to gain access to property after hours
Large balcony outside bedroom unfortunately it faces an office building.
As other reviewers have mentioned this property is in a great location in the northern part of the CBD. Even the southern part of the CBD around Chinatown is only a leisurely 20 minute walk. Complimentary free wifi is available for guests in the lobby limited to 30 mins per day which was adequate for my purposes.
In room wifi is available at extra cost. My first night was hampered by an in-considerate loud group of guests who insisted on sitting on their balcony two floors above playing loud music and talking until 2.30am which didn't help my work performance the next day, thankfully they were gone the next day! The 5am garbage collection by a truck from somewhere nearby woke myself and all my work colleagues every day we were there. The only concern that I had was the combination bath/shower. For a reasonably fit 50+ male I was able to get into and out of the square bath/shower cubicle with no problem but I feel that this may not be the case for and older person or someone with mobility issues as the side wall of the cubicle is about 50cms in height (as the photo shows). Despite this minor issue I would definately recommend this property as a great place to stay in the centre of Sydney.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartment Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Medina Serviced Apartments Martin Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Medina Classic Martin Place Hotel Sydney
- Medina Classic Martin Place Sydney