We stayed at the Classic Martin for 4 nights after arriving in Sydney on a cruise ship, and then for another 3 nights after visiting the Cairns and Brisbane areas.
After staying there, we felt that the TA reviews we read were very indicative of the hotel. The location is one of its biggest assets, close to Circular Quay and the Opera House. Public transport is very close by, and a weekly 'zone 1' pass at $43 gets you just about everywhere you might want to go ion the Sydney area. Our apartment was well equipped for our needs, especially the in-unit laundry facilities after a 19 might cruise. The unit was quite dark due to it's location, and the shower a challenge for the height-challenged (e.g. me) or the elderly.
We were pleased that they kept some luggage for us between our stays, as we did not need our more formal wear while in Cairns or Brisbane. Our suitcase was waiting for us in our unit when arrive for our second stay.
One main complaint is the ridiculous cost for wireless access. We made use of free wireless at the local McDs and even on the ferries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartment Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Medina Serviced Apartments Martin Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Medina Classic Martin Place Hotel Sydney
- Medina Classic Martin Place Sydney