The great things about the Macleay are the location and the very friendly and helpful reception staff. It is a few minutes walk either to the Kings Cross area for public transport and or in the other direction to Woolloomooloo, the Botanic Gardens and the harbour-front walk.
The hotel is on a quiet, tree-lined street with wide pavements and elegant cafes - there is a sort of Paris feel to the place. There are some up-market restaurants right around the corner and the closer you walk towards Kings Cross the cheaper the restaurants and cafes become.
The rooms are referred to as apartments but they are really too small for that with very basic cooking facilities. Don't expect too much of the 'harbourview' promise - one side has pretty views directly onto Elizabeth and Rushcutter Bays and the other more distant views of the bridge. But you won't be spending much time in the rooms - more so in the cafes around or on the harbour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Macleay has one of Sydney's most coveted locations in stylish Potts Point, with captivating views of Sydney Harbour or The Brige & Opera House. The views and location are million dollar, but the rates for our self contained studio apartments with kitchen are very affordable. You can stroll to Sydney's most famous landmarks, walk to Circular Quay or be in the heart of the city in just five minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macleay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macleay Serviced Apartment Sydney
- Hotel Macleay Serviced Apartment