We stayed here for 5 nights following a trip to Auckland, and this hotel was a bit of a downgrade for us. The area of Potts Point is nice, but walking 1/4 mile towards Kings Cross got a bit dicey, especially in the early mornings or late night. (It's near the red light district.) While we never felt unsafe, I think we were definitely more cautious of our surroundings!
The room had two double beds, a small kitchenette and a tiny bathroom. The beds were relatively comfortable. Our bathroom shower was very difficult to get the water temperature just right; I either scalded myself or froze. The towels were quite small and scratchy.
It was nice to be able to pick up snacks and breakfast foods from the Woolworths across the street, and there were several good restaurants nearby that had WiFi. The hotel WiFi was about $10 per day, which we thought was a bit steep.
You can walk to downtown from here, but it's a bit of a trek.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Macleay has one of Sydney's most coveted locations in stylish Potts Point, with captivating views of Sydney Harbour or The Brige & Opera House. The views and location are million dollar, but the rates for our self contained studio apartments with kitchen are very affordable. You can stroll to Sydney's most famous landmarks, walk to Circular Quay or be in the heart of the city in just five minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Macleay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macleay Serviced Apartment Sydney
- Hotel Macleay Serviced Apartment