5,105 results
All reviews the club lounge opera house circular quay botanical gardens treasury building meat wine window seat top floor seafood buffet a harbour view room high tea rooftop bar shower curtain five star hotel an upgrade late checkout hotel is in a great location
Reviewed January 31, 2017

I usually stay here for a night or two on my annual trip to Sydney, as it is an expensive property and a good use of my Priority Club points. The have really but back on Ambassador member benefits - no Club access and no automatic room upgrade when using points (unlike other chains where I have high tier - and unlike Ambassador, free - membership)
What impressed me about this stay was how sharp the front desk team were. While they gave me the bad news about Club access and lack of upgrade in advance, they mentioned my previous stay and my comments about their poor wifi, and had proactively put a temporary router in my room. They also asked if I would like another late checkout.

Room tip: some of the harbour view rooms are not facing the harbour... only the corner window does. Ask when you check in.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Hottub E
Interconsydney, General Manager at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2017

Dear Hottub E,

As an InterContinental Hotels & Resorts Ambassador member, thank you for your continued loyalty and choosing to stay with us once again at InterContinental Sydney.

I am delighted to read that you were very much impressed with our Front Desk team of colleagues and that our team had ensured you could stay enabled and connected for your time spent with us. I will be sure to share your feedback with them.

Of note, when staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador privileges apply with the exception of room upgrades. Also the Club InterContinental experience including Club Lounge access is not a benefit that is included in Ambassador membership however, should you be interested in the Club InterContinental experience, simply request a Club room or upgrade your existing booking by contacting our Reservations team.

Hottub E, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon to InterContinental Sydney!

Reviewed January 31, 2017 via mobile

We often stay at the Intercontinental when we have business in Sydney city. Silly really, as we live just across Sydney Harbour, opposite the hotel

We are always made welcome & enjoy the well appointed rooms & the Harbour views from a different perspective than from our own home. We had a panoramic harbour view room, featuring the Sydney Harbour Bridge & Circular Quay's ferries stretched out before us

The Cortile on the entry level is a wonderful place to meet up & enjoy a cocktail. This visit an excellent jazz band played there

Sydney put on a 38degree day, so the air conditioning was struggling but the staff weren't daunted by the heat & remained as attentive as always to our needs

The Intercontinental's location is second to none, opposite the Botanic Gardens & within an easy stroll of the Opera House & Sydney Cove restaurants. Sydneys Macquarie Street is one of the first streets established in Sydney & you are within easy walking distance of the city's historical buildings & parks

We enjoyed a fantastic breakfast in house & were sad to leave when we couldn't justify staying longer....but we will be back soon!

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank AndyLandry

Dear 6PAL6,

So pleased that my team and I could once again welcome you back to InterContinental Sydney!

It is always our greatest wish to understand how our guests feel during their time spent with us, so to read that you are always made to feel welcome - is excellent to know. I am very proud to be working with a team who enjoy what they do and serving our guests - I also know that they will be thrilled to read of your feedback in acknowledgement of the service that they provide to you.

Thank you once again for our review and we too can't wait to welcome you back for that next stay very soon where a warm welcome awaits you!

Reviewed January 29, 2017 via mobile

After two weeks of travel, it was a joy to get to Sydney and have one nights reprieve before taking our last flight home to Perth. What a beautiful hotel. We loved it from the minute we walked in. All staff without exception provided warm welcoming customer service experience. Our room was well equipped with beautiful furniture and great bed. Breakfast buffet had everything you could want and more.
Thank you!!!

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank HelenRisey

Dear HelenRisey,

We are most appreciative of this lovely review and your very kind words of your stay experience at InterContinental Sydney, thank you!

I will take great pride in sharing your feedback with my colleagues and your comment sin particular of their warm and welcoming service experience to you. This is so important to us, so I thank you for sharing this.

My team and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for many more memorable moments with us!

Reviewed January 29, 2017

An excellent location close to Circular Quay and The Rocks and ideally placed for attending the Opera House. The staff were courteous, professional and helpful. The room was lovely and breakfast fantastic.
Only down side was expensive parking not included in the room rate. I would still stay there again however!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank TraceyACD

Dear Michelle D,

Thank you for sharing your experience and I appreciate your kind observations of the courteous and professional service that was extended to you by our team of colleagues.

I am glad that you enjoyed a pleasant stay with us and may I thank you for highlighting your room and our delicious breakfast offerings. We do appreciate all feedback received and your comments of the parking rate has been noted.

My team and I look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you back to the InterContinental Sydney again very soon!

Reviewed January 29, 2017

This was a great choice of hotel. We had a beautiful view of Sydney Harbour and we're in walking distance to many attractions, including the Sydney Opera House. We stayed three nights before we left on a cruise and it was close enough to the port that we were able to walk the short distance with our suitcases. They also had a fabulous buffet breakfast that was included with our room. I would recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable luxury hotel in a great location.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank barbben

Dear barben,

So pleased that InterContinental Sydney was a great choice of hotel for your time spent with us before your cruise.

I could not agree with you more that our location right by Circular Quay is perfectly suited to guests who wish to stay a night or few - prior to setting off on a cruise! Being within walking distance to the Overseas Passenger terminal as well as many of Sydney's most famed highlights, it certainly is very convenient for our guests!

Thank you for choosing to recommend us, and we look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion!