InterContinental Sydney
Hotels.com
$146
$130
  • Room Service
Sheraton on the Park, Sydney(Sydney)
$201
$268
$208
Agoda.com
4,797 results
All reviewsthe club loungeopera housecircular quaybotanical gardensharbour bridge view roomtreasury buildingmeat winewindow seattop floorseafood buffethigh tearooftop barfive star hotelshower curtaincorner roomlate checkoutan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, but what you would expect for the astronomical prices. If I were staying in Sydney again I would stay somewhere a little closer to the action - it's a good 10min walk to anywhere. The best thing was the excellent front desk, and bellboy service. The meal we had at The Meat and Wine Co in the lobby was to die for - would go back just for that.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Interconsydney, General Manager at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Emmatravelstheworld

We do appreciate the time you have taken to write your review, thankyou.

Thank you for the very nice compliment with regards to our colleagues, it is appreciated.

We do hope you had an enjoyable stay with us and hopefully we can welcome your return.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had last stayed at the Intercontinental Sydney more than 10 years ago. We decided to go back partly because of the location and views, This time we upgraded to a corner suite so we could use the Club. Wow, it was worth it. Outstanding views, beautiful room and a pleasure to stay in the hotel. It felt 'as new' and clearly, the refurbishments have been kept up to date.
Lovely room, the Club breakfasts and snacks are excellent. Service is terrific.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra and book a club floor - it's worth it!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RobertMNZ
Interconsydney, General Manager at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear RobertMNZ

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so pleased to hear you had a most enjoyable stay with us and had a lovely time in the Club Lounge.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now and It has such a great location. The rooms are very luxurious and the beds and pillows are to die for! All of the staff I encountered provided great service, especially the housekeeping staff. Definitley worth the upgrade to the Club floors as the Club Lounge is great, it has fantastic view's and a great atmosphere

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Alexander V

Thank you for your review and continued loyalty to InterContinental Sydney.

I am so pleased to see you had another enjoyable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We were in Sydney for a family wedding that was being held at the intercontinental so we booked our accommodation there also. The reservations, bookings, front desk and check- in was amazing and very professional, what i would expect from a 5 star- 100%. The room was nice but the bathroom was dated and needed a good refurb. Bed was very comfortable and pillows were amazing. I visit Sydney on a regular basis and I usually stay at Four Seasons, Shangri La and Hilton so I was really looking forward to staying at the Intercontinental but I have to say those hotels are rate better in my books. My biggest disappointment was the service at breakfast, there was a queue and the breakfast buffet was crowded and hard to walk around - i felt the set up was all wrong.
We were meeting our family there for breakfast, my husband joined the queue and I decided to join our family - the staff stopped me and once I explained that my husband was in the queue and i was joining our family, they still would not let me go in giving me all sorts of reasons such as there would not be room at their table, even though they had smsed me and told me they reserved a larger table for all of us to share breakfast together. I was treated like I was breaking the law and they made a scene in front of other guests, who then all ganged up on me and demanded I join the queue even though again i had to explain that my husband was in the queue ! Also in a few other parts of the hotel I experienced customer service that was over friendly but sarcastic - you know when they are rude with a smile on their face - so not impressed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank miranda t

Dear miranda t

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience you received at our breakfast buffet. As you can imagine, many guests want to dine at the same time, which is why there was queue. Of course, this does not excuse our behaviour. We will pass on your concerns with our food & beverage managers to speak with their teams.

I do hope you had an overall enjoyable stay. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again one day.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

My wife and I had the perfect weekend here 4 years ago when we stayed for our "renewal of wedding vows" weekend. That stay was one of complete pampering. We could have asked for nothing more. This time round we stayed again to celebrate a 50th birthday. Just like before we were spoiled. We are IHG Rewards Club members but the thoughtfulness and extra attention extended in our direction was marvellous and unexpected - service plus. Our specific thanks to Guillaume and Zafar. The staff can never do enough for you. They are friendly, courteous and go the second mile. In fact we felt we had come back to stay with friends. The suite we were upgraded to was brilliant. The view over the Harbour was wonderful. Club InterContinental is a real treat. We have stayed in other hotels in Sydney over the past 30 years, but the InterContinental is our favourite and is indeed a heavenly home away from home.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple