InterContinental Sydney
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$182
$179
$197
$176
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$145
Marriott Hotels
$244
$159
  • Pool
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$193
$128
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$144
$126
4,823 results
All reviewsthe club loungeopera housecircular quaybotanical gardensharbour bridge view roomtreasury buildingmeat winewindow seattop floorseafood buffethigh tearooftop barfive star hotelshower curtaincorner roomlate checkoutan upgrade
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife is a Veggie. One would expect at a 5* Hotel of this caliber, that you would not struggle to fine "basic veggie meals" It was impossible. Even the staff in the restaurants, bought fish as an extra to basic meals even when you told them not to. I regret having been at this hotel for 7 nights. The rooms are nice, and staff tried there best, but I am sure there are better hotels. Its location to the Botanic Gardens and Opera house is a plus.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JeffOP
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear JeffOP,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. It is regrettable you did not enjoy your stay at our property. We are truly sorry about your experience at the restaurant. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world class service to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've actually stayed here quite a few times, last time was in November, twice. Just found it generally lacking in any warmth and overall service is just not good enough for a 5 star hotel.. I will say that the staff in the club lounge are excellent, and the club lounge is the best place to sit of an evening and watch the world go by - the view is wonderful!. Evening canapes in the club lounge have gone down hill though.

I think one time we had a room with a walk in shower but the next it was a shower over the bath if I recall and I hate that.

Reception a bit slow. The parking attendants at the front need a bit of a rev up.... if one car is holding up the works by asking for directions while in their car and you have 3 taxis waiting to leave behind them, expect people to get snippy. Pull them over to the side so that people can leave. This was just another example of service just not being quite right here, I dont feel the management is on to it in this hotel.

Have decided that we will try another hotel next time, despite being Royal Ambassadors... says it all really.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank starrf1re

Dear starrf1re,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. It is nice to hear that you are a regular visitor to the hotel. We are very sorry you were so unhappy with your recent stay at our hotel and offer my sincere apologies for the poor service and conditions you experienced, which are certainly not up to our usual standards. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Although we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations, we hope you give us a chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your feedback and continued loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club Ambassador member.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 7, 2013

we have stayed at the InterContinental Sydney many times. it is situated near Circular Quay & has great access to the Sydney Opera House, the Botanical Gardens , the Passenger Terminal for cruisers, good restaurents along the famous Rocks & also a 15 mins walk to the CBD ,a really very convenient location for tourists & locals on a conference.
we have had no problems with the staff, the room was standard , pillows were very soft & comfortable.

Room Tip: do ask for higher floors & one with a view if possible
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013

After reading all the glowing reviews here on TA I decided to go for it and book a harbor view executive club suite. OMG it was awesome. Yes I paid around $700 bucks but when you consider rooms around Sydney were going for 3 or 4 hundred it wasn't so bad. The club is great....waited while the room was readied and they came over and gave me a key up there so I didn't have to go back to the lobby. The free food and drinks in the evening are enough you could make a meal of. And breakfast was terrific.
On my rez I mentioned we were there as part of my 50th Bday trip down under and in the room was a bottle of wine and some cakes. Very well done.
Oh....and the people are uber friendly.
Yes by all means stay here if you are in Sydney!!!!

Room Tip: If you must, just get the cheapest room and be sure it's club level
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013

+ nice location ( walking distance circular quay)
+ nice view ( if you are lucky )
+ nice ( really nice) lobby and nice restaurant: design and large
+ good service
- small room and certainly too small bathroom

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple